DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Your "logic" is illogical.

A person's inherent attraction to a specific gender defines their sexuality.

THAT is logic.
4/19/2013 11:40 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/19/2013 11:36:00 AM (view original):
Using your logic, I'm not straight until I have a sexual or romantic encounter with someone with the opposite sex.  Yes?

You still need to fix the wording. Here, I'll do it for you:

Using logic, no one can be established as straight, gay, bisexual or any other sexual status until they have a romantic and/or sexual encounter with someone else.

Attraction can be established, but that is NOT the same thing, no matter what the propaganda may tell you.

So what are you then? Asexual? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.
4/19/2013 11:41 AM

THAT is logic.

You've got it exactly backward.

What you post here is YOUR OPINION, not logic.

What I posted IS LOGIC, and I explained that already, but for your education:

Your status is determined by action rather than attraction, because attraction indicates intent but you haven't done anything yet to establish it. In the same way we don't arrest people for thinking about committing a crime until they take ACTION and commit the crime, we can't determine your sexual status by your attraction until you take ACTION and have a romantic and/or sexual encounter with someone else.

Please learn that your opinion isn't logic just because it's what you think. If you want to say you're using logic, you'll need to explain it logically, and you sure didn't do that.
So what are you then? Asexual? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.
You don't have a sexual status yet.

4/19/2013 11:49 AM

So using your "logic", a person who is inherently sexually attracted only to somebody of the same gender as themselves, but only engages in sexual activity with people of the opposite sex (out of a desire for social acceptance among his/her peer group), is fully heterosexual and not gay.

Is that right?

is that logical?

4/19/2013 11:57 AM
So using your "logic", a person who is inherently sexually attracted only to somebody of the same gender as themselves, but only engages in sexual activity with people of the opposite sex (out of a desire for social acceptance among his/her peer group), is fully heterosexual and not gay.

First, it's not "my" logic, and it doesn't need quotes. It's plain and simple logic. Unless you can argue successfully that it isn't logic, then stop pretending otherwise.

Second, yes, if you only have romantic and/or sexual encounters with people of the opposite sex, you are heterosexual REGARDLESS of who you find more attractive.

It's LOGICAL because it can be applied across the board.

For example, if I'm only attracted to blondes but only have romantic and/or sexual encounters with only brunettes, then I would be someone who favored those encounters with brunettes, REGARDLESS of the fact that I'm only attracted to blondes.

Bottom line: You can choose to be with people who aren't your preference if you want, and people do it all the time (if they didn't, everyone would only be with someone they find incredibly attractive, and we all know that isn't true).

4/19/2013 12:03 PM
homosexual
— n
1. a person who is sexually attracted to members of the same sex

Since we don't want to change definitions of things, let's stick to this one?
4/19/2013 12:12 PM
Well, it's your "logic" because it only seems to make sense to you.  And yes, it does need quotes because calling it "logic" is a stretch.
4/19/2013 12:14 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/19/2013 11:40:00 AM (view original):

THAT is logic.
This. 100%.

Sexuality isn't "established" for anyone but yourself. Most people know if they are gay or straight before any romantic encounters ever happen.
4/19/2013 12:37 PM
homosexual
a person who is sexually attracted to members of the same sex

Since we don't want to change definitions of things, let's stick to this one?

No, because that one is false and the product of a propaganda campaign aimed at justifying a decision that doesn't require justification in the first place.
Well, it's your "logic" because it only seems to make sense to you.
It's real logic that makes sense to anyone who can understand what logic is. The problem is that you aren't one of those people.

The reason you don't think it's logic is because you don't understand logic.
And yes, it does need quotes because calling it "logic" is a stretch.
No, it's not a stretch at all. Feel free to explain how it's a stretch if you'd like, but as of right now all you're doing is showing you don't know what logic is.
Sexuality isn't "established" for anyone but yourself. Most people know if they are gay or straight before any romantic encounters ever happen.
No. Most people know what they are attracted to - there is no way to determine their status without romantic and/or sexual encounters.

4/19/2013 2:15 PM
The sex you are attracted to is your sexuality. You make the determination for yourself. You did, long before you had sex with a woman.
4/19/2013 2:18 PM
The dictionary is lying?
4/19/2013 2:45 PM
Nevermind, I forgot you insist on using the definitions you make up.
4/19/2013 2:46 PM
The sex you are attracted to is your sexuality. You make the determination for yourself. You did, long before you had sex with a woman.

This makes no sense. You're saying that intentions are the only thing that matters and action is irrelevant. By that same logic, if you think about committing a crime, they should arrest you as though you've already done it.

No, the logical conclusion is that actions are the ONLY thing that matters, and the intention is irrelevant.
The dictionary is lying?

Your dictionary is obviously influenced by propaganda.

I make up nothing. I simply apply logic to the situation and point out the propaganda campaign is full of lies and BS.

Pure logic says your intentions don't matter but your actions do. The law itself goes by this logic, which is why you don't get arrested for thinking about a crime but for action committing one.

4/19/2013 2:53 PM (edited)
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/19/2013 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, like "logic".

Apparently, biz is the only person who understands logic.  Anybody who disagrees with him does not.

In other words, SSDD.
4/19/2013 2:51 PM
Apparently, biz is the only person who understands logic.  Anybody who disagrees with him does not.

Plenty of people understand logic, even those who have disagreed with me.

You showed you are not one of them, and haven't even tried to argue a real point in an effort to demonstrate otherwise.

So stop acting like some kind of martyr. Put up or shut up. Either admit you don't understand simple logic or demonstrate you do.
4/19/2013 2:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...79|80|81|82|83...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.