SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Posted by patsrule755 on 4/6/2013 6:29:00 PM (view original):
I'm not In the game anymore but I think u should do more of these wwe challenges.
not in the game ????  what the eff happened to you ??  couldn't even make it to the Redemption Island challenge.

if it was a WWE and America's Cup challenge perhaps you would have tried to make it back into the game ?
4/6/2013 6:35 PM
Posted by shlog3131 on 4/6/2013 5:39:00 PM (view original):
Soccer is so lame. 
Spoken by a guy who has surely never made any effort whatsoever to appreciate the EPL or Champions League.
It's 'effing incredible.  Every bit the quality and entertainment value of the NFL, NCAA, and NHL -- better than the NBA regular season -- and DESTROYS the 4.5 hour yawn fest of MLB.

4/6/2013 6:37 PM
Posted by psap on 4/6/2013 6:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shlog3131 on 4/6/2013 5:39:00 PM (view original):
Soccer is so lame. 
Spoken by a guy who has surely never made any effort whatsoever to appreciate the EPL or Champions League.
It's 'effing incredible.  Every bit the quality and entertainment value of the NFL, NCAA, and NHL -- better than the NBA regular season -- and DESTROYS the 4.5 hour yawn fest of MLB.

I like every sport I think in the future every sport Including wwe should get at least one challenge am I right?
4/6/2013 6:58 PM
I believe the next challenge will be from the land of competitive eating!
4/6/2013 8:19 PM
I love how people play a game of fake sports(GD, HBD, HD) and complain about wrestling being a fake sport. I once had a buddy tell me that wrestling was just like a soap opera. I laughed at him. This same guy admitted that he watched Dawsons Creek. I told him the only difference between the 2 was that wrestling was a soap opera for men. I'm not a huge wrestling fan, but I do watch it every now and then and do keep up with whats going on. I find it ignorant that anyone would put it down. If you don't like it because it's fake, then you must not enjoy watching movies. Or did you guys not realize that those are fake too? Yeah, believe it or not, there isn't a guy in Gotham City running around in a suit saving people from the Joker.

And yes, I really like soccer too. I play every weekend. I hated soccer for the first 34 years of my life, but then my buddy talked me into playing and I instantly fell in love with the sport. I don't really know much about the pro's, but I do enjoy watching them. Some of the stuff they can do is amazing. Anyone that doesn't like soccer just doesn't understand the game, like I once did. Really, go play a pickup game and I guaranty you'll have a good time. Unless you just aren't athletic at all. Then I could somewhat understand. 

Finally, psap, how can you get upset with someone putting down soccer and then turn around and call baseball a snooze fest? Baseball is a great game. Some games can get boring, but how can you call baseball a snooze fest? Is it because of the low scores? If that's the case, then soccer should be labeled that as well. I think one of the reasons people don't like soccer is because it is so hard to score. It's a lot like baseball in my opinion. They are both very strategic games. 
4/6/2013 10:16 PM
good points and agreed.  i used to attend at least 20-40 games per year at Fenway before Henry purchased the team while it was financially feasible to do so with good seats.  i must say i have lost interest simply because as life has gotten busy with more responsibilities i just can't spare the 4+ hours it takes to watch a game. and yes i appreciate the game within the game and all the unseen strategy that occurs.

i am fairly new to soccer myself and only started watching about 5 years ago.  there are some features of the game that are fantastic -- relegation for example -- talk about exciting races at the end of the season.  how do you think things would go here if the major league teams knew they were going to be kicked down to AAA and out of MLB if they came in last place !!  i won't go on about the skill, speed, and intensity -- if one can't appreciate it there is nothing that can be done about it.  i also love to watch the US Open and the Masters, but that is because i golf.  If you don't golf, well i'm sure you can't appreciate hitting into a green sloping away from a sidehill lie either.

few athletes in sport make me sit up in anticipation waiting for something "special" to happen whenever they have the ball or take the mound.  to mind players like RG3 today, Pedro Martinez in the late 90's and Christiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi fit that bill.  i'm sure there are many more, but those just come immediately to mind.

BTW i don't need scoring to be entertained, whether its a 1-0 baseball game, a Balt/Pitt field position game, or Barcelona trying to break down a stuck in Juventus defense -- like you i love the strategy, the skill, and have an appreciation for what is happening.  so yeh, that was unfair of me regarding baseball.  just an immediate defense response for those who criticize soccer because they don't get it yet, or don't want to get it.

but i think that wresting is entertainment.  but it is not sport.  we love sport because anything can happen, and when the unexpected happens it is a special moment.

/rant over 
4/6/2013 10:57 PM (edited)
Posted by ghutton9 on 4/6/2013 10:16:00 PM (view original):
I love how people play a game of fake sports(GD, HBD, HD) and complain about wrestling being a fake sport. I once had a buddy tell me that wrestling was just like a soap opera. I laughed at him. This same guy admitted that he watched Dawsons Creek. I told him the only difference between the 2 was that wrestling was a soap opera for men. I'm not a huge wrestling fan, but I do watch it every now and then and do keep up with whats going on. I find it ignorant that anyone would put it down. If you don't like it because it's fake, then you must not enjoy watching movies. Or did you guys not realize that those are fake too? Yeah, believe it or not, there isn't a guy in Gotham City running around in a suit saving people from the Joker.

And yes, I really like soccer too. I play every weekend. I hated soccer for the first 34 years of my life, but then my buddy talked me into playing and I instantly fell in love with the sport. I don't really know much about the pro's, but I do enjoy watching them. Some of the stuff they can do is amazing. Anyone that doesn't like soccer just doesn't understand the game, like I once did. Really, go play a pickup game and I guaranty you'll have a good time. Unless you just aren't athletic at all. Then I could somewhat understand. 

Finally, psap, how can you get upset with someone putting down soccer and then turn around and call baseball a snooze fest? Baseball is a great game. Some games can get boring, but how can you call baseball a snooze fest? Is it because of the low scores? If that's the case, then soccer should be labeled that as well. I think one of the reasons people don't like soccer is because it is so hard to score. It's a lot like baseball in my opinion. They are both very strategic games. 
+1
4/6/2013 11:54 PM
Really, I'm not a big fan of having a WWE challenge because, to me, it is like saying "Predict what will happen at the end of this movie." But I will gladly participate and do my fair share of research on it just like any other challenge. I love sports because of the "anything can happen" concept. To me, WWE has none of that as it is determined beforehand. I'll admit though, that it is very entertaining to watch and I'll watch very occasionally. It's just that, to me, it isn't viable as a challenge, simply because it is probably already determined as to what will happen.

All that being said, I definitely respect your authority as hosts of this survivor game and will certainly do my best to lead my tribe to victory on this challenge.

4/7/2013 2:21 AM
Did you know there are Brittish web sites that take wagers on WrestleMania?
4/7/2013 9:21 AM
Challenge #7 - Part Two: NCAA Championship
Please read the directions carefully!  Picks must be submitted to survivorxii by Monday at 8:30pm EST.  The points from this challenge will be combined with points from the Wrestlemania challenge.  

Team Bets: Make a pick for each of the six bets below.  The point values are in brackets.

-Pick Winner vs. Spread {worth 10 Points}: Michigan (+4.5) or Louisville (-4.5)
-Total Combined Points {10 Points}Under 137.5 or Over 137.5
-Total Combined Points @ Halftime {4 Points}Under 64.5 or Over 64.5
-Team to Score First {4 Points}Michigan Scores First or Louisville Scores First
-Team to Score First 10 Points {4 Points}Michigan Scores First Ten or Louisville Scores First Ten 
-Total Made 3-Pointers – Both Teams {4 Points}Under 13.5 or Over 13.5

Player Bets (Select 6): Each tribe must select ONLY 6 of the following over/under player prop bets.  Make sure to predict over or under!  Each bet in this section is worth 4 points.
-Trey Burke (Mich) – Total Points – 18.5
-Trey Burke (Mich) – Total Assists – 6.5
-Tim Hardaway Jr (Mich) – Total Points – 13.5
-Tim Hardaway Jr (Mich) – Made Free Throws – 2.5
-Glenn Robinson III (Mich) – Total Points – 10.5
-Mitch McGary (Mich) – Total Points – 10.5
-Mitch McGary (Mich) – Total Rebounds – 10.5
-Nik Stauskas (Mich) – Made 3-Pointers – 2.5
-Russ Smith (Lou) – Total Points – 20.5
-Russ Smith (Lou) – Total Assists + Steals – 5.5
-Russ Smith (Lou) – Made 3-Pointers – 2.5
-Gorgui Dieng (Lou) – Total Points – 10.5
-Gorgui Dieng (Lou) – Total Rebounds + Blocks – 13.5
-Peyton Siva (Lou) – Total Points – 10.5
-Peyton Siva (Lou) – Total Assists – 5.5
-Luke Hancock (Lou) – Total Points – 9.5
-Chane Behanan (Lou) – Total Rebounds – 7.5

Additional Props: Make two choices for each of the following categories. If your pick is correct, you will receive the number of points next to that choice. If multiple players tie for “top point scorer”, both players will earn points for the tribe.

Margin of Victory (Choose 2)   Player to Make First 3-Point FG (Choose 2)   Top Point Scorer (Choose 2)
{5} Louisville W by 1-3 points   {11} Robinson III (Mich)   {3} Smith (Lou)
{6} Louisville W by 4-6 points   {7} Hancock (Lou)   {9} Dieng (Lou)
{7} Louisville W by 7-9 points   {5} Stauskas (Mich)   {8} Siva (Lou)
{7} Louisville W by 10-12 points   {8} Siva (Lou)   {9} Behanan (Lou)
{8} Louisville W by 13-16 points   {5} Smith (Lou)   {12} Hancock (Lou)
{10} Louisville W by 17-20 points   {6} Hardaway Jr (Mich)   {12} Blackshear (Lou)
{7} Louisville W by 21 points or more   {6} Burke (Mich)   {4} Burke (Mich)
{6} Michigan W by 1-3 points   {10} Blackshear (Lou)   {6} Hardaway Jr. (Mich)
{8} Michigan W by 4-6 points   {12} Other   {8} Stauskas (Mich)
{9} Michigan W by 7-9 points       {8} Robinson III (Mich)
{10} Michigan W by 10-12 points       {12} McGary (Mich)
{12} Michigan W by 13-16 points       {15} Other
{15} Michigan W by 17-20 points        
{13} Michigan W by 21 points or more        

Tie-Breakers:
TB1: Pick the recipient of the NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player Award
TB2: Predict for Louisville: R.Smith points + Dieng rebounds + Siva assists
TB3: Total points scored by Michigan
TB4: Order of submission
4/7/2013 5:24 PM (edited)
For the record, I don't have anything against soccer.  I was just giving Psap a hard time for making fun of our challenge .  I don't watch soccer regularly, but do enjoy big tournaments like World Cup, Euro, and Olympics.  I have also been to a few Chicago Fire games and had a great time.  
4/7/2013 5:01 PM
So where do i find the results of Wrestle Mania after they finish their performance ?   ESPN or Piper's Pit ??
4/7/2013 6:55 PM
Both sets of picks are in, but im mobile all night and not sure if ghutton is around. Feel free to have 1 person from each tribe post your picks on the forum if you want to play along.
4/7/2013 6:58 PM
(12)Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls

(4)Fandango

(10)Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston

(4)Ryback Thats a huge upset.

(5)The Shield win

(7)Alberto Del Rio

(13)Brock Lesnar

(3)The Undertaker

(18)The Rock

(5)Dolph Ziggler doesn't cash in Money in the Bank or does and it doesn't count

The other tribes picks

(12)Tons of Funk & The Funkadactyls
(4)Fandango
(10)Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston
(4)Ryback

(5)The Shield
(12)Jack Swagger
(13)Brock Lesnar
(3)The Undertaker
(3)John Cena
(15)Dolph Ziggler cashes in Money in the Bank and wins the title.
4/7/2013 10:46 PM (edited)
Looks like Swagger vs Del Rio is next and if Ziggler is gonna cash in he will do it after this match... this will probably decide who wins this portion of the challenge.
4/7/2013 8:27 PM
◂ Prev 1...30|31|32|33|34...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.