Proof Tom Brady isn't a football god Topic

I have made it know that I believe Tom Brady is over rated. Several people have challenged that notion and have defended the idea that Brady is not only "great" and "elite" but that he isn't over rated in the least.

I decided to use this site's NFL Sim Matchup feature to show proof that Brady CANNOT carry a team to victory all by himself.

I created a "Dream Team" of NFL players using the Tom Brady from his record setting 2007 season, only instead of the amazing talent he had around him then, I've surrounded him with other players from 2007 who are statistically some of the worst that year.

For example, the Patriots o-line from 2007 is considered the most "expensive" through WIS "salary" for NFL Sim Leagues, meaning Brady was effectively playing behind the best offensive line in the NFL that year. Instead, I gave him the O-line for the Kansas City Chiefs, the "cheapest" through WIS "salary" for NFL Sim Leagues, meaning he is then behind the worst statistical offensive line for 2007.

I did the same thing with the skill positions, giving him wideouts, tight ends, running backs, and even the Dolphins "cheap" defense from that same year, 2007.

Brady is supposedly "great" no matter who
he plays with, so I'm putting that theory to the test.

I'm going to use this "Dream Team" to simulate each of the Patriots games in the 2007 undefeated season, simulating a scenario in which Brady is not teamed with the amazing talent he had then but with some of the worst performers that year.

If Brady is an amazing football god, this team should still win some games and maybe even many.

My guess is the team won't win a single game.

So, the first game is:

@ New York Jets - Loss, 27-14

2/28/2013 12:09 PM
Haha!  Dumbass.

Had the same team with Peyton...guess what happened head 2 head?

WhatIfSports.com: Fantasy Sports Simulation -- Football Boxscore
2/28/2013 1:20 PM
The point here is Brady can't carry a sad-sack team to wins, let alone an undefeated season or record setting statistics.

I know you think he could win games by himself, but this shows he relies on the talent of other players.
2/28/2013 1:38 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/28/2013 1:38:00 PM (view original):
The point here is Brady can't carry a sad-sack team to wins, let alone an undefeated season or record setting statistics.

I know you think he could win games by himself, but this shows he relies on the talent of other players.
Just like every other QB in the world.

Get a clue kiddo.
2/28/2013 1:39 PM
Wait.

First you say Tom Brady is this great, amazing, elite QB.

Now you admit he's "just like every other QB in the world."

Which is it?

Sounds like YOU need to get a clue, kiddo.
2/28/2013 1:41 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/28/2013 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Wait.

First you say Tom Brady is this great, amazing, elite QB.

Now you admit he's "just like every other QB in the world."

Which is it?

Sounds like YOU need to get a clue, kiddo.
Hahaha!!

He is a great and amazing QB.  That said, football is played with 53 men and 22 starters.  You give ANY QB those players and you get trash.  Even the best of the best.
2/28/2013 1:43 PM
Either Brady "is a great and amazing QB" OR he's "just like every other QB in the world."

Those two statements DO NOT MESH, so it can't be both.

I know you're frustrated because I've caught you in an admission your hero may not be as great as you think, but now's the time when you give it up and move on because it's only downhill from here for you.

Kiddo.

2/28/2013 1:50 PM
Haha!  

Actually, those can mesh...but not your you made up fantasy land.

Keep drinking the hater-aid.  

Nice smiley face.
2/28/2013 1:53 PM
Are you going to post the boxscores of these games? I'm curious what Brady's stats are.

Also, using a sim game in attempt to prove your point is kinda sad.
2/28/2013 2:04 PM
Those statements can mesh?

So Brady is just like every other QB AND he's great and amazing. By use of logic, that means:

Every other QB is great and amazing.

So all QBs are great and amazing to you. No wonder you think Brady is too.

2/28/2013 2:05 PM
If that's how to came to a conclusion from what I said....
2/28/2013 2:07 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/28/2013 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Those statements can mesh?

So Brady is just like every other QB AND he's great and amazing. By use of logic, that means:

Every other QB is great and amazing.

So all QBs are great and amazing to you. No wonder you think Brady is too.

Reading comprehension.

If Brady has the worst offensive line, the worst wide recievers, the worst defense, he will lose games.  As would any QB.
2/28/2013 2:09 PM
i just did a similar thing Biz. i took the 2007 Pats and but 07 Big Ben in place of Brady.  Thats not even close to as big a down grade as what you did with Brady and the worst 07 players.   Guess what happened, in the first game the sim spit out a 23-20 win for the Jets.  Then i went in and put Manning in place of Brady.  here is the box score

http://www.whatifsports.com/NFL/boxscore.asp?GameID=8768598&teamfee=-1&theme=-1

bottom line, there is too much variability in the sim to base any conclusions off a sample smaller than hundreds, if not thousands, of games simmed.

Posted by 05nomar05 on 2/28/2013 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Haha!  Dumbass.

Had the same team with Peyton...guess what happened head 2 head?

WhatIfSports.com: Fantasy Sports Simulation -- Football Boxscore
So...I guess Manning is extremely overrated then.
That, and you know he's ignoring the wins Brady gets.
2/28/2013 2:10 PM
1234 Next ▸
Proof Tom Brady isn't a football god Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.