S-QUAD PROGRESSIVE

Redo to reflect the change to a 16 team format. We will use the 1946 and 1969 seasons.

This league offers:
1.Something different in a progressive type multi-season league.
2.It is simple with roster flexibility each season.
3.Will have quick Drafts.
4.A short downtime between seasons.
5.A lower Cap set at $85M so the average Joes are still important.

The Hitters and the Pitchers from each of the 40 Teams from 1946 and 1969 will be split with the Hitters making up a "SET" and the Pitchers making up a "SET". We'll then have a 4 round draft whereby everyone will select 2 Sets of Hitters and 2 Sets of Pitchers. You can select any Set from either year at anytime during the draft. With 40 choices of each, 8 sets of Hitters and 8 Sets of Pitchers won't be chosen. Draft order will be random for the first round then serpentine for rounds 2, 3, & 4. After the draft you'll select 25 players from your 4 sets to make your roster.

For subsequent seasons we'll move 1 season forward and everyone will Cut 1 of their 4 Sets. We'll then have a 1 round draft with a worst/first to best/last draft order based on W/L records at the end of the season. The 8 Sets of Hitters and 8 Sets of Pitchers that didn't get chosen the previous season along with the 16 Sets that got Cut will make up the draft pool of choices. If you Cut a Set of Hitters then you'll draft a new Hitters Set and if you Cut a Set of Pitchers then you'd draft a new Pitchers Set. After the draft you'll again select 25 players from your 4 Sets to make your roster. You canNOT redraft the same Set you just Cut. Researching available Sets to draft will take the most time but since only 1 selection is to be made and some owners will Cut Hitters and some will Cut Pitchers drafts will be very short.

An Example Team: (2 Sets of Hitters = 1946 Giants and 1969 Yankees), (2 Sets of Pitchers = 1946 Pirates and 1946 Senators).
Next season I Cut the Senators Pitchers so now I have the 1947 Giants and 1970 Yankees Hitters and the 1947 Pirates Pitchers plus whichever Set of Pitchers I draft to replace the Senators Cut.

Trades:
Individual trading of players will be allowed. All trades must be 1 for 1. If you want to trade more than 1 player then each player traded must be submitted seperately. A player acquired in a trade will be considered from the same "Set" that the player you traded away was from. Thus when a specific "Set" is Cut the player you traded for that has been attached to that "Set" is also Cut. All players traded during the off-season must be on each teams roster the next season.

First Come/First Serve - At signup:
1.Select your Team Name from the list below.
2.Name your exclusive stadium. (All are eligible).
3.Select which Division you want to be in. (NLE, NLW, ALE, ALW). Keep in mind the AL will use the DH.

16 Team 4/4 Format
Yes DH - AL league only
No WW
No AAA
No Clones
No Live Play
Injuries Off

Owners List: bheid408; ooooohdoggie; dreeves; jeff4noles; AKlopp; wgasa; nikospade; italyprof; imladris12; topkat; chargingryno; alice; ljemd; kallison1; N4ser; grayfoxx

Team Names:
Appleton Foxes
Bakersfield Blaze
Beloit Snappers

Bridegport Bluefish 
Charleston SeaGulls
Charlotte Knights
Fresno Grizzlies
Greensboro Hornets
Huntsville Stars
Lancaster JetHawks
Las Vegas 51's
New Haven Ravens
Ogden Raptors
Quincy Jets
River City Rascals
Salt Lake Bees
Scranton Miners
Somerset Patriots
Toledo Mudhens 
Tri City Atoms
Utica Blue Sox

NLEast Owner Stadium
Altoona Curve AKlopp Nationals Park
Trenton Thunder italyprof Ebbetts Field
Durham Bulls chargingryno Shea Stadium
Wichita Wranglers  grayfoxx  Safeco Park 
NLWest Owner Stadium
Yakima Bears jeff4noles Forbes Field
Evansville Otters imladris12 Riverfront Stadium
Erie Seawolves nikospade Robeson Field
Lansing Lugnuts  N4ser  Dodger Stadium 

ALEast Owner Stadium
Ottawa Lynx dreeves Skydome
Buffalo Bison topkat Jarry Park
Yuma Scorpions wgasa Minute Maid Park
Reno Aces  kallison1  Tiger Stadium 
ALWest Owner Stadium
Boise Pilots ooooohdoggie Wrigley Field
Winnipeg GoldEyes ljemd  Target Field
St. Joe Blacksnakes  alice  Oakland-Alemeda 
Cape Fear Crocs bheid408  Atlanta Fulton County Stadium 

4/15/2013 10:47 PM (edited)
how will players that played for multiple teams be labeled?  if Joe Schmoe plays for the Giants and the A's - what "set" will he be on?  
2/20/2013 12:55 PM
Posted by chargingryno on 2/20/2013 12:55:00 PM (view original):
how will players that played for multiple teams be labeled?  if Joe Schmoe plays for the Giants and the A's - what "set" will he be on?  
Good question.
Answer: Whichever team he played for the most. So if Joe Schmoe had 300PA's for the Giants and 299PA's for the A's then he goes to the Giants "Set".
2/20/2013 1:25 PM

1.Select your Team Name from the list below.                                Boise Pilots

2.Name your exclusive stadium. (All are eligible).                          Chicago's Wrigley Field  

3.Select which Division you want to be in.                                        American League Central    
(NLE, NLC, NLW, ALE, ALC, ALW).
Keep in mind the AL will use the DH.

2/20/2013 5:13 PM
Interesting concept....  I've been in plenty of progressives, but never combined seasons. Having the salary cap will make for some interesting choices too, I'm sure.

I'd like to select the Ottawa Lynx, will play in the Skydome/Rogers Centre and play in the AL East

2/20/2013 6:00 PM
Is there going to be different salary caps for leagues?  If there is DH in the AL, wouldn't the NL get a small advantage having 1 less full time hitter on their team? 
2/20/2013 9:51 PM
Posted by chargingryno on 2/20/2013 9:51:00 PM (view original):
Is there going to be different salary caps for leagues?  If there is DH in the AL, wouldn't the NL get a small advantage having 1 less full time hitter on their team? 
Funny you should bring that up! I had thought about that very same thing and originally was going to go with an $80M cap but bumped it to $85M due to the DH.
We'll go with it at $85 for both leagues to start. I agree it could be a small advantage for NL teams. We'll see how it plays out.
2/21/2013 9:54 AM
Yakima Bears national league Forbes Field
2/21/2013 6:32 PM
Yakima Bears national league Forbes Field
2/21/2013 6:32 PM
jeff seems very excited to join this league.

Your ideas are quite novel and hard to say no to...

Altoona Curve
Nationals Park
NLE

2/21/2013 6:46 PM
Interesting idea. I'm game. Put me down for Yuma Scorpions, in ALW, and Minute Maid Park in Houston. My only caveat is that I will be out of the country and off the grid in March, from 15-26.
2/21/2013 10:28 PM
I'm interested just have a question about the trades.  I'll use players that are not in the pool.   Say the years are 1914/2009

I have the 2009 Tigers and i trade Justin Verlander for Pete Alexander so Pete Alexander is permanently  a Tiger and progresses with his year and Verlander is a Phillie but would but would i lose Pete Alexander when he goes to the Cubs or would VErlander go the Cubs

I will take the Erie Seawolves and the NL West.  I will also take this opportunity to use a very weird stadium Robeson Field
2/22/2013 4:29 AM (edited)
This is a very strange set of ideas. But it is too interesting to pass up. I will join. 

One request: Can I take the Trenton Thunder but move them just north to become the Newark Bears ? 

If that is agreeable are in, and  I would like Ebbets Field. 
2/22/2013 4:52 AM
Oh, only now do I realize that the team names each represent a letter of the alphabet - if that is the only issue, than I would like to rename New Haven the Newark Bears instead and Trenton would still be available. 
2/22/2013 4:52 AM
Posted by nikospade on 2/22/2013 4:29:00 AM (view original):
I'm interested just have a question about the trades.  I'll use players that are not in the pool.   Say the years are 1914/2009

I have the 2009 Tigers and i trade Justin Verlander for Pete Alexander so Pete Alexander is permanently  a Tiger and progresses with his year and Verlander is a Phillie but would but would i lose Pete Alexander when he goes to the Cubs or would VErlander go the Cubs

I will take the Erie Seawolves and the NL West.  I will also take this opportunity to use a very weird stadium Robeson Field
You would lose Alexander when he goes to the Cubs. Once a player changes teams in RL he becomes the property of the owner who owns that "Set". In this case, since he was a Phillie in 1914, Alexander would only be your property as long as he was on the Phillies. Which is the same length that he would have been the property of the owner who traded him away.

Following each "SET" is number 1.
2/22/2013 9:28 AM
123456 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.