Recruiting on an iPhone with one bar... Topic

I use my Android regularly to recruit as there are many times I will be out shopping with the wife and I can do some quick work and still seem like I am there getting points for going shopping with her.

I prefer to recruit on the laptop, than the IPAD, then the phone.

2/19/2013 8:52 AM
Posted by bistiza on 2/19/2013 8:46:00 AM (view original):
I don't consider the cell phone to be the internet. It's a cell phone, used for phone calls, not internet. That's why I said "I use the internet," which to me means a computer.
get off my lawn, you crazy kids with your iphones and other gadgets! in my day, we recruited with rotary phones (outside, in the snow), and we liked it!

2/19/2013 9:27 AM
Posted by wronoj on 2/19/2013 9:27:00 AM (view original):
I don't consider the cell phone to be the internet. It's a cell phone, used for phone calls, not internet. That's why I said "I use the internet," which to me means a computer.
get off my lawn, you crazy kids with your iphones and other gadgets! in my day, we recruited with rotary phones (outside, in the snow), and we liked it!

In YOUR day, you knew it was time to recruit by looking at the sundial
2/19/2013 9:44 AM
LOL guys

Seriously I'm decidedly "old school" when it comes to the internet - I want a computer of some sort. Desktop, laptop, maybe tablet - something with a decent size screen. It doesn't even have to be mine. Borrow one, use one at work, at the community library, someone else's house - it doesn't matter, just not the cell phone.

I think it's because I'm annoyed when I see people always absorbed in their phones and never living in the moment, and I don't want to live my life that way. I use a cell phone for phone calls. The internet is great, but I want to live my life without being on it all the time. Plus a cell phone screen is small and annoying for internet use.
2/19/2013 10:17 AM
I was exactly like that until this summer, when I was basically forced into buying a smart phone. Now I'm on it all the time. As long as you can put it away when actually interacting with people, it's really nice to distract yourself while taking the bus into work. It's also nice for checking scores of other games during breaks in the action while you're at a game. 
2/19/2013 10:58 AM
I'm sure it's nice for checking on things, but the moments when I have time to kill while I'm out somewhere random are few and far between and it's just not worth checking the internet on my phone.
2/19/2013 11:08 AM
Posted by alblack56 on 2/19/2013 9:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wronoj on 2/19/2013 9:27:00 AM (view original):

In YOUR day, you knew it was time to recruit by looking at the sundial
and the North Star.
2/19/2013 11:37 AM
i was just messing with you, thought your post was kind of funny :) knew what you meant, just a funny way to say it, like "i dont consider the cell phone to be the internet". its just an unusual way to refer to the Internet (which is simply a name for a collection of public networks, that we fondly refer to as "the Internet" - the device you connect with has nothing to do with it - they all access the same Internet!)
2/19/2013 12:36 PM
Posted by backboy13 on 2/18/2013 3:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 2/18/2013 3:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 2/18/2013 2:14:00 PM (view original):
I stick to the internet for my recruiting, either from home computer or on laptop if I'm out somewhere.

I never got the point of cell phones with internet. I hate looking at the small screen on my phone for anything, let along complex internet things like recruiting.

funny, i mostly do not stick to the internet for my recruiting. preferred methods include call-in service, fax, and snail mail.
I use quipos.
i sometimes use signal fires and occasionally, yodelling!
2/19/2013 12:38 PM
My family has a rule....no phone use  at the table or family gatherings. We can use the internet to look up information, i.e, "Who starred in that movie?" We can't use the phone to settle  a disagreement, i.e.  "It was Tom Cruise"  "No, it was Ben Afflect.", even if I KNOW that I'm right.
2/19/2013 1:47 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 2/19/2013 1:47:00 PM (view original):
My family has a rule....no phone use  at the table or family gatherings. We can use the internet to look up information, i.e, "Who starred in that movie?" We can't use the phone to settle  a disagreement, i.e.  "It was Tom Cruise"  "No, it was Ben Afflect.", even if I KNOW that I'm right.
Right there with you, except I'm guessing you're the adult in the situation... I'm in college now, but my parents raised me with no electronics at the table, and I'm definitely grateful for it.
2/19/2013 5:25 PM
I'm not even that old and when I was a teenager there was no need for a rule like this because no one even had a cell phone. I didn't get a cell phone until I was 18, and for the most part, I think that's about when it's appropriate. I certainly see no need for kids age 12 and under to have one, and for 13-17 it is questionable to say the least.

People are too tethered to their phones. They are a nice convenience but the kids especially always have their faces buried in the phones and it's ridiculous.

2/20/2013 8:44 AM
◂ Prev 12
Recruiting on an iPhone with one bar... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.