2013 Predictions Thread Topic

Kyle Lohse is the only FA left who may significantly improve a team's chances, so I'll get the predictions rolling.

* = Wildcard

AL East: Toronto, Baltimore, New York, Tampa, Boston

AL Central: Detroit, Kansas City*, Chicago, Cleveland, Minnesota

AL West: Anaheim, Texas*, Seattle, Oakland, Houston

NL East: Washington, Atlanta*, Philadelphia, New York, Florida

NL Central: Cincinnati, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Chicago

NL West: Los Angeles, San Francisco*, Arizona, San Diego, Colorado

NLCS: Washington over San Francisco
ALCS: Detroit over Toronto

World Series: Washington over Detroit

AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera
NL MVP: Matt Kemp
AL CY: Justin Verlander
NL CY: Clayton Kershaw
NL MOY: Don Mattingly
AL MOY: Ned Yost

2/16/2013 5:00 PM (edited)
A.L. East:  New York Yankees
A.L. Central:  Chicago White Sox
A.L. West:  Texas Rangers
WIldcard #1:  Toronto Blue Jays
Wildcard #2:  Detroit Tigers

N.L. East:  Washington Nationals
N.L. Central:  Cincinnati Reds
N.L. West:  Los Angeles Dodgers
Wildcard #1:  St. Louis Cardinals
Wildcard #2:  San Francisco Giants

Wildcard Games:
(N.L.) St. Louis over San Francisco
(A.L.) Toronto over Detroit

A.L.D.S.:
Toronto over Chicago
New York over Texas

N.L.D.S.:
St. Louis over Los Angeles
Cincinnati over Washington

A.L.C.S.:
Toronto over New York

N.L.C.S.:
Cincinnati over St. Louis

World Series:
Toronto over Cincinnati (6 games)

2/16/2013 6:15 PM
NLCS----- GIANTS-4    BRAVES-1

ALCS-------ANGELS-4   TIGERS-1

WS-  GIANTS-4     ANGELS-2
2/16/2013 6:35 PM
no way in hell baltimore repeats that success, it's not a good offseason when you're best signing is Nate McOut
2/16/2013 7:11 PM
Posted by bringinsxybc on 2/16/2013 7:11:00 PM (view original):
no way in hell baltimore repeats that success, it's not a good offseason when you're best signing is Nate McOut
So you don't think they can repeat what they did last year despite bringing back the same team? Which will include a full season of Machado and half a season of Bundy?

I don't think they'll hit 93 wins...probably around 86-88, but they're better than every team in that division except for Toronto.
2/16/2013 10:55 PM
We'll see about that. Machado looks like a stud but it'll still only be his second season, and I don't think Chris Davis has the same success this season, though a full season from Markakis would help a lot. I don't think they have the starting pitching though. A lot of their guys are young and will have to be stretched beyond what they're used to.
2/17/2013 12:24 AM
It worked last year. Not a guarantee of anything obviously, but they're system of rotating in the hot hand seemed to be effective.
2/17/2013 1:06 AM
I think it's pretty hard for them to repeat that success also....going to watch some spring training before I make any predictions.  Really am interested in seeing what Pineda looks like.  Can't wait to watch the Sux blow.
2/17/2013 1:23 AM
O's almost can't be as good in 1-run and overtime games.  I think they finish behind at least Toronto and Tampa.  Man, I'd love to see NY and Boston in the bottom 2 spots.  That would be awesome.
2/17/2013 2:01 PM
It's going to be an LA World Series which will be cool!
2/17/2013 2:32 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 2/17/2013 2:01:00 PM (view original):
O's almost can't be as good in 1-run and overtime games.  I think they finish behind at least Toronto and Tampa.  Man, I'd love to see NY and Boston in the bottom 2 spots.  That would be awesome.

It's not like I picked them to make the playoffs, and I will be surprised if they hit 90+ again. But the other three teams (aside from TO) are just too weak. The only team I can see beating them is the Yankees, because they always find a way, even with aging players. Boston improved their clubhouse, but I don't think they improved enough on the field to get out of the cellar. Tampa has zero offense outside of Longoria, and maybe Zobrist. Unless Myers has an absolute monster of a season, I just don't see them scoring enough this year to help that pitching on a consistent basis.

Baltimore has question marks, don't get me wrong. But they're bringing back exactly what they had last season, which already puts them ahead of Tampa and Boston. As well, last season, when Baltimore had Machado and McLouth, they were near the top of the league in fielding %, wins and run differential. Now they start with those two, so I think there's at least reason for a bit of optimism.

2/17/2013 9:46 PM
Doesn't this happen every year in the AL East?   "This is finally the year the Yanks go down.  Mark my words!!"

FWIW, it is coming.   I think it's next year.   Pettite can't keep coming back.   I don't think the boys are gonna give Cano what he can get on the open market.  A-Roid is done.  Texiera may as well be.   Granderson is a FA.   I expect Jeter and Rivera to retire after the season.   This is likely their last stand for a few years because the boys are looking at the bottom line and the farm doesn't have 10 players ready for the Bigs. 
2/18/2013 8:08 AM
As much as I love my team I cannot help but keep picking the Yankees ... They seem to keep finding a way to make it work, even in this new reality where the Steinbrenner spawn seem focused on profit instead of winning like dad was.
2/20/2013 10:59 PM
Toronto deserves props for recognizing the situation and going balls out to win.   Boston is down and it's unlikely that Baltimore can go 72-1 in one run games again.  The Yanks are barely holding on and Tampa isn't going to spend another dime to make their team better.   The East is prime for the taking. Toronto stepped up.
2/21/2013 8:01 AM
Posted by Got_Worms on 2/17/2013 2:32:00 PM (view original):
It's going to be an LA World Series which will be cool!
If you're in LA 
2/21/2013 3:53 PM
12 Next ▸
2013 Predictions Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.