World Kinsella S22, Full Topic

The World Kinsella Season 21 is nearing completion and I am searching  for candidates for Season #22.

This is a top quality world  (Ranked #12 in the tomjames all-world rankings) that was originally formed by me through a specific screening process with the following stipulations: 
· Veteran owners only (min. of 2 completed seasons) 
· Active participation and attention to all levels of the franchise (no 0(0) pitching staffs, no studs getting drafted away in Rule 5) 
· Respected by fellow owners 

The 2nd and 3rd bullet were confirmed by looking at the worlds they were in with transactions, draft records, and reading the world chat. I also sent anonymous surveys to peers in their worlds to ensure that they were a good fit (which I have also done and continue to do with all subsequent applicants). 

Typically, our turnover is very low and we still have 8 original league members.

Other features of this world include: 
· A formerly active blog 
World Kinsella Blog (We welcome volunteers with interest.)
· A strict MLB theme as all franchises will remain constant for the history of the world. (No Colorado, have added Montreal Expos and minor league teams from Portland and Charlotte, the two largest markets without an MLB team.)
· Great parity as 31 of the 32 franchises have at least one playoff appearance and no team has made it more than 14 of our 20 completed seasons.
· Fast rollovers - The world has rolled within 48 hours except for three occasions:  when rollover fell between Christmas and New Year's and was voluntarily delayed a week, four seasons ago when we had some long time members retire from WIFS and there was a ton of HBD openings, and last season when three members unexpectedly failed to renew and disappeared after rollover.

WE ARE NOW FULL FOR SEASON 22!

Please site mail me with your interest.

2/22/2013 3:43 PM (edited)
The World Series is underway with the Atlanta Braves seeking their first title and the Texas Rangers looking for their 2nd having won it all way back in Season 8.
2/8/2013 12:17 PM
We are three games into the WS with Atlanta up 2 games to 1 and there is only one spot definitely with the Royals.
2/9/2013 5:11 PM
The WS is locked up 3-3 with the decisive Game 7 taking place tonight.  We are still looking for someone to fill our pending vacancy with the Royals.
2/11/2013 12:26 AM
After a 13 season hiatus, the Texas Rangers are once again the champions of World Kinsella.

Anyone out there looking for the challenge of competing with the champs in their own division as the new GM of the Kansas City Royals?  Let me know.
2/11/2013 12:43 PM
Updated above with current openings.
2/15/2013 10:32 AM
Cubs have now been taken. 3 remain.
2/17/2013 11:45 AM
Royals have been claimed.
That just leaves Giants and Mets.
2/17/2013 9:03 PM
No doubt about it . . . Kinsella is the place to be.
2/20/2013 1:02 PM
Great group of owners. I was new a few years ago and was immediately welcomed into the league. I've been very happy with the way everyone takes good care of the teams, and positive interactions in the world chat. I would also say that the competitive balance of the league has been very good. In some leagues it's a bunch of teams scoring 800-900 runs, but in this league you can win other ways (with pitching and defense). Any strategy will work, and these teams available (Giants and Mets) are in good divisions with room to grow. Come check us out!
2/20/2013 3:05 PM
I'll take the Mets if you guys will have me.  Sitemail sent to oe.
2/20/2013 7:14 PM
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you blanch. OE should be on soon and get you set up.
2/20/2013 7:27 PM
Only need one more to roll, so if you are looking for a team and ready to get going you can make it happen. Giants are a good club, and you get the chance to play against the famous sermonauthor (one of my favorite owners in HBD).
2/20/2013 7:28 PM
One spot left in this MLB themed world. Team names haven't changed in the history of the world. Closest thing to real MLB as you can get. Great owners, with knowledgeable and good atmosphere. No drama to speak of. Truly a good experience with a solid team. Waiting on YOU and we ROLL
2/20/2013 8:31 PM
I'll take the Giants. Sitemail me and I'll join in 5 minutes.

Vet owner with a ring, took about a year (real life time) off of playing and looking to get back.
2/21/2013 11:17 AM
12 Next ▸
World Kinsella S22, Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.