pitching staff mess Topic

Posted by bglick on 1/23/2013 6:40:00 PM (view original):
This guy doesn't seem bad: http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=2181867, but it also says he's a type A free agent. Worth it? Or probably not since I'm going to need my draft picks (already signed 2 type a free agents, but since I have the 3rd overall pick, I'm going to have to give up my 3nd and 3rd ronuders).  

Just what makes the 1st and 3rd guy from before such junk. The first guy has decent ratings, except his individual pitching ratings, and the other guy has really individual pitch ratings, but subpar other ratings no? This is why I'm confused. 
If you have the #3 pick you dont lose any of your picks? 
1/23/2013 6:43 PM
You don't lose your first round pick, but you lose your 2nd round pick and so forth for each type A free agent is my understanding. 
1/23/2013 6:44 PM
Posted by bglick on 1/23/2013 6:40:00 PM (view original):
This guy doesn't seem bad: http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=2181867, but it also says he's a type A free agent. Worth it? Or probably not since I'm going to need my draft picks (already signed 2 type a free agents, but since I have the 3rd overall pick, I'm going to have to give up my 3nd and 3rd ronuders).  

Just what makes the 1st and 3rd guy from before such junk. The first guy has decent ratings, except his individual pitching ratings, and the other guy has really individual pitch ratings, but subpar other ratings no? This is why I'm confused. 

The # 1 guy has control and vr under 60.  Look at his career stats.
The #3 guy has no pitches above 60.  Look at his career stats.

1/23/2013 6:47 PM
Posted by bglick on 1/23/2013 6:44:00 PM (view original):
You don't lose your first round pick, but you lose your 2nd round pick and so forth for each type A free agent is my understanding. 
I do not know for sure but what are the odds of you getting a major league quality player in the 2nd round or later.  pretty slim
1/23/2013 6:48 PM
What about the guy from the post above (octavio Sanchez)? 

regarding the 3rd pitcher, That's what makes no sense to me, how he can decent control, vl and vr and velocity but such bad individual pitches. 
1/23/2013 6:50 PM
Posted by bglick on 1/23/2013 6:50:00 PM (view original):
What about the guy from the post above (octavio Sanchez)? 

regarding the 3rd pitcher, That's what makes no sense to me, how he can decent control, vl and vr and velocity but such bad individual pitches. 
Hes ok better then alot of the guys you have.

Well he does so he sucks. 
1/23/2013 6:55 PM
IMO once you've committed to signing a Type A, go ahead and sign anyone else you want and can afford without any regard to comp picks.
1/23/2013 7:42 PM
◂ Prev 12
pitching staff mess Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.