Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Topic

I am forming a long-term Fantasy Baseball League and am reaching out to players that want to be in it for multiple seasons. This league is not for you if you are not interested in returning each season. Hoping to run it at least 4 seasons and longer if we can keep the majority of the owners. You can get more info on how the league will run with the link below. Obviously we will have to put some monetary compensation to keep everyone active and provide some incentive. It is essentially a 40 man 10 team league though and you get to keep your players each year. Sitemail or post here if interested.

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/baseball/story/_/page/dynasty2013_round1-10/rounds-1-10-mike-trout-ryan-braun-stephen-strasburg-lead-way
1/24/2013 1:07 PM (edited)
Sounds fun ill do it!. Unless the $ buy in is too steep!
1/23/2013 4:55 PM
got you down ersberg, this is still very much in the planning stage, right now I just want to find about 10 committed owners for about 4 seasons, maybe even longer if we can keep it going.
1/23/2013 5:34 PM
im in!!!
1/23/2013 11:43 PM
This is a great idea... but have you considered having the initial draft run as an auction?

Don't get me wrong, drafts can still work in some formats, but the drop off from the top is huge here. A random number drawn gets you Mike Trout.

Everyone should have a shot to bid on him (IMO), and let the market dictate his value.
1/24/2013 12:56 PM
zbrent good point and we will probably have to debate this with all the members and probably go with popular opinion. You have to think about the fact that we are drafting 40 or so players and auction drafts can get kind of lenghty sometimes as opposed to live snake drafts. We will have to come up with a good solution.

Anyone who hasn't sitemail me your e-mail if you are still interested. I will try to set up a discussion in the next 7-10 days where we can start coming up with the format, scoring and other important factors.
1/24/2013 1:06 PM
I'd be interested as long as the buy in is reasonable. Have run a similar thing with my family in football for a decade, Sounds like a lot of fun with baseball.
1/24/2013 4:02 PM
I'm in. The bigger the  buy in, the better, in my opinion. Gotta make it big enough that people care. No one making a 4 year commitment over $20.
1/24/2013 9:23 PM
Im with you musketeer the bigger the better, I am still doing research on all the different formats and have not decided on which site we will run this on, Right now the 2 options are ESPN or CBSSports. ESPN's is nicer looking and has lots of customization just from FFL experience but I still need to look into CBS Commissioner leagues     
1/25/2013 11:23 AM
I'm in!
1/27/2013 10:38 AM
btw i think ESPN is a much better and user-friendly site so if all the features for this type of league are there, we should use that
1/27/2013 5:24 PM
Pretty excited about this. Not a huge fan of auction style myself, I dont think Trout would really be THAT huge of an advantage given the game of baseball today. You just never know whats going to happen. Ive done a couple of CBS sportsline Fantasy Football leagues and some ESPN leagues, and i actually prefer CBS leagues. ESPN is a little more user friendly but I hate that you have to be an ESPN insider to read *most* of their articles, drives me crazy.
1/27/2013 5:59 PM
I am looking to set up a group chat for this friday or saturday, can you guys make it? We will get to discuss the settings and rules for the leaugue amongst other important topics as well. 
1/28/2013 10:51 AM
Friday is much better.
1/28/2013 4:25 PM
where would this group chat be?
1/28/2013 10:41 PM
12 Next ▸
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.