Swamphawk tips about food and life and pics.... Topic

Actually I am considered a pretty good cook, mostly by single males but yeah I do cook.

This is accumulated data over the last few years.
1/25/2013 3:53 PM
I'm not sure I've eaten at any of those places in the last few years...

Actually, now that I think about it, I did stop in a Burger King and eat a couple of Whopper Jr.s on my way into Yosemite this summer.  But only because the people I was driving with wanted to.
1/25/2013 3:58 PM
Also, not a single sitdown restaurant on your list.  Even a chain one.
1/25/2013 3:59 PM
Posted by aaronelrod on 1/25/2013 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Even OJ is slapping his forward on you Swampy!
1/25/2013 4:00 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/25/2013 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Also, not a single sitdown restaurant on your list.  Even a chain one.
You are right...

Rams Horn...
ADV: 24/7
DIS: food isnt great

Fridays...
ADV: Fun place
DIS: If you are not drinking there is nothing really special about the place

Ruby Tuesdays...
ADV: Salad Bar, only place like this that has it
DIS: A little pricey

Applebees...
ADV: lots of locations
DIS: Food is below par for this type of restaurant. Just a few things with different sauces

Pei Wei...
ADV: Fresh ingredients
DIS: Seem to screw up orders and you have to wait for corrections

Olive Garden...
ADV: Intersting flavor combonations
DIS: Not good value for buck

1/25/2013 4:08 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/25/2013 3:58:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure I've eaten at any of those places in the last few years...

Actually, now that I think about it, I did stop in a Burger King and eat a couple of Whopper Jr.s on my way into Yosemite this summer.  But only because the people I was driving with wanted to.
You know that in America you are in a tiny minority on this one right?

And that isnt a knock on you. i want you to eat what you want and tell the world about it.

Just seemed like you were being a little condescending.

If i am wrong I am sorry.

1/25/2013 4:10 PM
Not really, I get that most single male types tend to eat fast food.  To be honest, I just wind up ordering pizza when I don't feel like cooking...  Not like I eat the healthiest or most interesting foods all the time.  I just can't stand fast food for the most part.

I do not think KFC makes particularly tasty fried chicken.  I make much better - and marginally healthier - fried chicken.  Unfortunately it's a lot of work.

1/25/2013 4:25 PM
"Taco Bell...
ADV: Tasty Cheap Food
DIS: screw up orders all the time"

it always amazes me that people will go to a fast food chain like Taco Bell, order cheap items on the menu, then try to totally customize their order like they are at a sit down restaurant......"yes, I'd like two tacos, one with no meat, extra cheese, nacho cheese sauce on the side, and the other with double meat, no lettuce, sour cream, and diced onions mixed in with the sour cream....."

look fukker, this is Taco Bell-order what is on the gawdamn menu or go to your local Mexican Restaurant and customize your shyt-you.are.holding.up.the.line.
1/25/2013 8:14 PM (edited)
I just love the explosive diarrhea that you get from Taco Bell.

I really don't eat at any of those places.  Most of their food sucks.  I like 5 guys.  Finally getting one near by.

1/25/2013 7:18 PM
Posted by sjstapleton on 1/25/2013 8:14:00 PM (view original):
"Taco Bell...

it always amazes me that people will go to a fast food chain like Taco Bell, order cheap items on the menu, then try to totally customize their order like they are at a sit down restaurant......"yes, I'd like two tacos, one with no meat, extra cheese, nacho cheese sauce on the side, and the other with double meat, no lettuce, sour cream, and diced onions mixed in with the sour cream....."

look fukker, this is Taco Bell-order what is on the gawdamn menu or go to your local Mexican Restaurant and customize your shyt-you.are.holding.up.the.line.
I am not just talking about special orders.

I mean they give you the wrong food.

Oddly special orders are not their weak spot. Everything is made ala minute.
1/25/2013 8:19 PM
Swamp...did you know that Warren has an exceptionally high number of restaurants? On a normalized scale (100 being average) Warren is at 144. Do you have any great Middle Eastern restaurants, with the large Arab population in Michigan? That is one thing I really miss from living in the M.E. 

And 5 Guys has shown up in Washington....thumbs up to them. And I like their fries.

1/25/2013 8:25 PM
We have some great ME Restaurants in the area. Not sure if the food is authentic. They all might be the Olive Gardens of ME food. I eat from a little take out place on the SE corner of 14 and ryan, next to the Subway, all the time. Great sandwiches, salads and fried platters for 2.

The number of Restaurants being high would not surprise me. And we have a lot of them all around us in neighboring cities.

1/25/2013 8:33 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/25/2013 8:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sjstapleton on 1/25/2013 8:14:00 PM (view original):
"Taco Bell...

I am not just talking about special orders.

I mean they give you the wrong food.

Oddly special orders are not their weak spot. Everything is made ala minute.
my rant wasn't directed at you exactly, just more a pet peeve of mine-I eat much T-Bell, and always hung up at the line while people demand multiple modifications to food that is designed to be uniform and cheap
1/25/2013 8:41 PM
Posted by raucous on 1/25/2013 7:18:00 PM (view original):
I just love the explosive diarrhea that you get from Taco Bell.

I really don't eat at any of those places.  Most of their food sucks.  I like 5 guys.  Finally getting one near by.

sergei and a barbershop quartet?
1/25/2013 9:25 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/25/2013 2:32:00 PM (view original):
OK...lets get to the food.

What is the greatest advantage and disadvantage of major chaiins...

McDonalds...
ADV: The precise way the  system works.
DIS: None of the food is really good.

Burger King...
ADV: Flame Broiled Burgers
DIS: All their chicken products are bad. The actual chicken tastes bland and all the stuff they add cannot change that

Taco Bell...
DIS: screw up orders all the time

White Castle...
ADV: 24/7
DIS: Tons of trans fats in their deep fried stuff

KFC....
ADV: tasty fast food chicken
DIS: Prices without coupons or specials are high

Churchs...
ADV: They split their chicken so their wings are bigger and their breasts are smaller. No tiny wing pieces to avoid at familt dinners
DIS: Also big transfat place

5 Guys...
ADV: Topping list
DIS: fries are too earthy and potato tasting

Subway...
ADV: $5
DIS: Just Subs. Would like some kind of side beside cold potato chips.

Little Caesers:
ADV: $5
DIS: Wings are bad. Really bad.

Besides being sorry for your dietary habits and the burden you will be placing on the health care system........how in the **** can a French fry be too potato tasting? I take it you use ketchup liberally.
1/25/2013 9:56 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...15 Next ▸
Swamphawk tips about food and life and pics.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.