WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

CT State police definitely confirmed that the AW was the primary weapon used.
1/24/2013 10:13 AM
Then "over 100" doesn't work without additional magazines.    Has the CT state police confirmed that?
1/24/2013 11:15 AM
From Huffington Post:

"He had multiple, high-capacity clips each capable of holding 30 bullets..."
1/24/2013 11:36 AM

If you don't like the Huffington Post, here's one from the NY Times from two days after the shooting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/nyregion/sandy-hook-school-shooting-in-newtown.html?_r=0

"While Lieutenant Vance said he did not yet know how many bullets had been fired, he did say investigators recovered “numerous” empty 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster rifle. The .223-caliber bullet is a small, high-velocity round that has been used by Western military forces for decades, in part because it inflicts devastating wounds.

Some of the bullets fired inside the school, according to a law enforcement official, “penetrated the glass windows of the classrooms and went into vehicles in the parking lot.”

1/24/2013 12:02 PM

That's fine.  I've never doubted that the Bushmaster was used.   I just hadn't heard of additional magazines found on site.   I'd initially heard a 100 round magazine so that could make sense as 100+18 to 22 is "over 100". 

But that's still the only mass shooting where the majority of the bullets left a HCAW.

1/24/2013 12:09 PM
So, we should probably outlaw HCAW now, before they can be used again.
1/24/2013 12:16 PM
I'd probably look at more deadly guns first.   You know, the ones that are used in murders/mass killings most often and kill a lot more people.

I mean, if people were dying from skydiving, you wouldn't ban softball, would you?
1/24/2013 12:29 PM
How often a gun is used illegally isn't the only consideration. Or are you only able to process one variable at a time?
1/24/2013 12:36 PM
Of course it isn't.   The point being, if your goal is to prevent murders/mass shootings, you should probably look at the weapon of choice in murders/mass shootings.    Hell, you may as well say "I want to prevent murders/mass shootings.  Ban rotary phones!!!"    I'd respond "Uh, badluck, virtually no one uses a rotary phone to kill anyone."   Your obvious reply would have to be "Yeah but banning handguns isn't practical so we have to start somewhere!!!"

Which, as you know, is dumb.
1/24/2013 1:30 PM
The goal is to make an incremental improvement to public safety by removing guns that are effective at killing people but that don't have any other practical use.

1/24/2013 1:39 PM
Like handguns?
1/24/2013 1:42 PM
Handguns have a practical use.

1/24/2013 2:04 PM
Other than killing people?  Because, if you like to check mass shootings and murders, you'll find they're really effective at that practical use.
1/24/2013 3:25 PM
They are. Do you think we should ban handguns?
1/24/2013 3:38 PM
I think I've been pretty clear about what I think in both this thread and tec's "OMG!!!!  WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN???" thread.

In fact, I'd say I make more sense than anyone regarding firearms of all types.

Unfortunately, your singular focus on the seldom used for murder/mass shooting HCAW prevents you from seeing that.

Answer this.   When mad cow disease was a concern, did you stop eating fish?
1/24/2013 3:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...26 Next ▸
WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.