WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Posted by burnsy483 on 1/23/2013 5:14:00 PM (view original):
There's a report that states Lanza left his AR in the car and used 4 handguns.  

Please continue.
It was the shotgun that was left in the trunk. The .223 was with Lanza.
1/23/2013 6:22 PM

Sez u.

Bet I can find a report that says the AW was in the car.

1/23/2013 7:21 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 5:36:00 PM (view original):
There's a lot of misinformation out there.   Just proves that neither side really gives a rip about 20 dead kids.  They only care about their agenda.

As I understand it, and there's not much that disputes it, 4 guns were seized.   2 handguns, an AW with a 30 round clip(not 100 rounds) and a shotgun.   No one seems to dispute that both handguns were found inside the school.   The question seems to be whether the AW or shotgun was found in the car and therefore not used in the massacre. 

If the initial reports of several children with "numerous" wounds were correct, I'd probably lean towards the shotgun being used since it was a 30 round clip because he'd have had to have numerous clips.  I haven't seen anything listing the number of clips found.
The shotgun was left in the car.  The AW did most (if not all) of the killing of everybody but himself at the school.  He used one of the handguns to kill himself as the police arrived.

I believe he used the shotgun to kill his mother at their house before he went to the school.

These "facts" have been consistently reported in local news coverage, so I'd say they are accurate.
1/23/2013 7:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 7:21:00 PM (view original):

Sez u.

Bet I can find a report that says the AW was in the car.

I don't care what you find. Lanza used the .223 and left the shotgun in the trunk.
1/23/2013 7:27 PM
1/23/2013 7:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 5:09:00 PM (view original):
Of the mass shootings I listed, only 1 "featured" a HCAW.  

When something as drastic as altering an amendment is recommended, I think the change needs to be more than window dressing.   As previously stated, a HCAW ban is nothing more than a "feel good" moment where the gun control advocates can hug one another and have a good cry for "doing something".

Pointless.
Nobody is altering an amendment. You still have the right to bear arms. 98.3% of guns legal now would remain legal.
1/23/2013 7:31 PM
And with a HCAW ban 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all murders would continue.
1/23/2013 8:27 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/23/2013 7:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 5:09:00 PM (view original):
Of the mass shootings I listed, only 1 "featured" a HCAW.  

When something as drastic as altering an amendment is recommended, I think the change needs to be more than window dressing.   As previously stated, a HCAW ban is nothing more than a "feel good" moment where the gun control advocates can hug one another and have a good cry for "doing something".

Pointless.
Nobody is altering an amendment. You still have the right to bear arms. 98.3% of guns legal now would remain legal.
Pointless.

Not sure how else I can say it.

HCAW murders and mass shootings are a miniscule percentage of firearm deaths.    Nowhere near 1.7%.

What are you trying to accomplish?
1/23/2013 8:40 PM
HCAW would no longer be an option.
1/23/2013 9:05 PM
And what, exactly, is accomplished?
1/24/2013 8:38 AM
might save a life
1/24/2013 8:42 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/23/2013 7:23:00 PM (view original):
There's a lot of misinformation out there.   Just proves that neither side really gives a rip about 20 dead kids.  They only care about their agenda.

As I understand it, and there's not much that disputes it, 4 guns were seized.   2 handguns, an AW with a 30 round clip(not 100 rounds) and a shotgun.   No one seems to dispute that both handguns were found inside the school.   The question seems to be whether the AW or shotgun was found in the car and therefore not used in the massacre. 

If the initial reports of several children with "numerous" wounds were correct, I'd probably lean towards the shotgun being used since it was a 30 round clip because he'd have had to have numerous clips.  I haven't seen anything listing the number of clips found.
The shotgun was left in the car.  The AW did most (if not all) of the killing of everybody but himself at the school.  He used one of the handguns to kill himself as the police arrived.

I believe he used the shotgun to kill his mother at their house before he went to the school.

These "facts" have been consistently reported in local news coverage, so I'd say they are accurate.
I honestly haven't followed anything since the first 7-10 days.

I do recall you saying the kids had "numerous" wounds, and I recall "11" being mentioned, so I'm having a little trouble with the 30 round magazine.   Assuming the handguns were 9-11 round clips, if he didn't reload, only 50ish shots were fired to kill 26 people as I've heard nothing of additional AW magazines at the scene.   It's close to home for you, how many shots were fired?   Were additional magazines/clips found in the school?   Were the children shot numerous times?
1/24/2013 8:42 AM
Posted by winnetka1 on 1/24/2013 8:42:00 AM (view original):
might save a life
Probably won't.   Handguns are really effective in taking lives.    And used FAR MORE frequently to do so.
1/24/2013 8:43 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/24/2013 8:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 1/23/2013 7:23:00 PM (view original):

I honestly haven't followed anything since the first 7-10 days.

I do recall you saying the kids had "numerous" wounds, and I recall "11" being mentioned, so I'm having a little trouble with the 30 round magazine.   Assuming the handguns were 9-11 round clips, if he didn't reload, only 50ish shots were fired to kill 26 people as I've heard nothing of additional AW magazines at the scene.   It's close to home for you, how many shots were fired?   Were additional magazines/clips found in the school?   Were the children shot numerous times?

I don't have the time this morning to do the research, so I'm just going off of memory from the reports that I've heard after they reconstructed what happened.

Not everybody had multiple wounds, but some/many did.  At least one had upwards of 10 or 11 or so.  I believe it was in one of the rooms where the kids were all huddled together with their teacher.

I think I heard that over 100 rounds were fired in total (could have been more, but "over 100" sticks in my mind).  I don't know about additional AW mags, but one can logically conclude that there must have been.

1/24/2013 9:48 AM
Well, one would have to think so if we're going to accept "over 100".   However, I've seen nothing stating extra AW mags were discovered.   Or that extra handgun clips were found.    Therefore, the math isn't there.    However, buckshot from a shotgun would produce a lot of wounds.   Something doesn't add up.

Anyway, American Live Wire is the "news" agency that reported the AW was not used.   I know nothing about them but I'm assuming they're a righty org in bed with the NRA in some way.
1/24/2013 9:58 AM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...26 Next ▸
WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.