2001 + Auction/Free Agency League Discussion Topic

2001 + Auction/Free Agency League Discussion Thread

Sitemail List-
 toddleduc; Oli35; chargingryno; joshkvt; jrnyfan01; jeffc7823; Pubs; yatagon; fillies; szczubelek; calhoop; just4me; Unnaturals; rickysdad44; DougsDawgs; cholatse; oakgrove32; dskantor; Robin4; Blue Tufts; tajohn; bargearse; flbarons; coldfeet

1/19/2013 1:54 AM
DH- or No DH?  As just4me pointed out, a DH in the AL would eat up some of the AL teams budgets, but that is up for the American League to decide. If you guys do go with a DH - the NL teams would play 24 DH games in the crossover interleague games. If anyone wants to SWITCH cities now or at any time- I'm perfectly fine with that. I am always open to new ideas to make any League better & more fun. As of now, below is the tentative alignment & current DH preferences. We could always tweak things a bit from there. If we get a Boston owner for example- we could move Toronto to the AL Central...

When would be the best time to START the Auction?  As much as I'm itching to kick this thing off- I want everyone to have some time to look things over. We could have Day 1 Bids due in 2 weeks on Friday February 1st so that Days 1-22 fall on February 1st-22nd. That would give us time to decide definitively on a DH or not- find Waitlisters if we need to & get any final kinks/questions worked out. If anyone was going to be unavailbale for a day for whatever reason you could send in Bids for that day ahead of time. Let me know what you think & if you have any input or questions....feel free to sitemail me or post in the discussion Thread.

thanks for signing up - this should be a fun & interesting League ! Hopefully we can keep it going from 2001 through 2021 & beyond.........

1/19/2013 1:55 AM
Can we use any of our city's stadiums?
Feb 1 start works for me
1/19/2013 8:27 AM
When would be the best time to START the Auction?  

March is fantasy baseball draft month and with lots of folks attention shifting to the baseball season and drafts. (not to mention March madness) The sooner we start the better! 
1/19/2013 11:43 AM
Stadiums-  yeah- I suppose it wouldn't hurt if it's the same city like Philadelphia, Cincinnati, New York, Florida/Miami, Minnesota, anyone else who's gotten a new stadium since 2001.  Whatever stadium you want if cool by me.  I'm gonna keep Montreal in Montreal through 2004, then move 'em to D.C.

Auction Start-  yeah- I agree with getting it going soon... I don't know why the heck I made it 2 weeks, lol... I guess I thought it would be easier for people to remember Day 1 on the 1st, ect... but I wish I had just started in a week...
1/19/2013 2:02 PM

American League Owners-
Feel Free to discuss it in the Forum or amonst yourselves via sitemail... ...and feel free to change your vote- just post or sitemail me.... So far...

NO DH- 6 votes
YES DH- 6 votes

American League East
-------------------------------------------
 (1) yatagon-  Batimore  (No DH)
 (2) just4me-  Toronto  (No DH)
 (3) Unnaturals-  Yankee Stadium- (Yes DH)
 (4) Robin4-  Tampa  (No DH)

American League Central
 (1) szczubelek-  Detroit  (Yes DH)
 (2) calhoop-  Minnesota  (Yes DH)
(3) DougsDawgs-  Cleveland  (Yes DH) 
(4) joshkvt- Kansas City (No DH)

American League West
 (1) jeffc7823-  Texas  (Yes DH)
 (2) Pubs-  Seattle  (No DH)
 (3) flbarons- Houston  (No DH)
 (4) jrnyfan01- Oakland  (Yes DH)

American League Owners-
yatagon; just4me; Unnaturals; Robin4; szczubelek; calhoop; DougsDawgs; joshkvt; jeffc7823; Pubs: flbarons; jrnyfan01

1/21/2013 7:00 PM (edited)
I'd say start sooner if we can.
1/19/2013 2:45 PM
Yeah man- if we can get all 24 of us confirmed-  I'll see if we can push up the schedule a few days... got 18 confirmed now...
* If we have a drop or no show, then we'll probably have to wait til the 1st at that point to get a new owner...
I'l keep bumping the WAITLIST Thread- maybe some might want to join once they read the details if we have a spot or 2 to fill...
1/19/2013 3:09 PM
DH or not a DH... sorry fellas... I guess I should have just declared it one way or the other when I put this together
1/21/2013 11:09 PM
I'd say give it a couple of days and maybe we can find a replacement and their vote might sway the vote. If after they vote it's still tied, then do a coin toss on random.org.

If unnaturals shows up, then just go ahead and do the coin toss.

those're my thoughts anyway...
1/22/2013 1:29 AM
I have a question. Which "version" of player will we be using for players who were on multiple teams? I assume its a full season version but I thought I should ask just in case.
1/23/2013 1:02 AM
Good question- I'm cool with ANY version of a player being used... partial or full
1/23/2013 2:40 AM
Sorry fellas. I got two more questions: 1) Does my entire 33 man roster need to be at or under $100 mil or just my 25 man roster? 2) If it is the former, can I draft all 33 in the initial 20 days of the draft or am I allowed to only draft 25 in the initial 20 day draft and my final 8 on day 22? 
1/27/2013 9:07 PM
Posted by rickysdad44 on 1/27/2013 9:07:00 PM (view original):
Sorry fellas. I got two more questions: 1) Does my entire 33 man roster need to be at or under $100 mil or just my 25 man roster? 2) If it is the former, can I draft all 33 in the initial 20 days of the draft or am I allowed to only draft 25 in the initial 20 day draft and my final 8 on day 22? 
I am only responding because I am 100% confident in these answers.
Yes, your 33 man roster must be under $100M.
No, you may draft your 33 players at any time -- in fact, you may get more than you bargained for on a given day depending on how many bids you offer up.

Good luck!
JRNY
1/28/2013 11:28 AM
Posted by jrnyfan01 on 1/28/2013 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rickysdad44 on 1/27/2013 9:07:00 PM (view original):
I am only responding because I am 100% confident in these answers.
Yes, your 33 man roster must be under $100M.
No, you may draft your 33 players at any time -- in fact, you may get more than you bargained for on a given day depending on how many bids you offer up.

Good luck!
JRNY
Thanks JRNY! That's a relief. I would have had to redo my entire strategy otherwise.
1/28/2013 3:40 PM
12 Next ▸
2001 + Auction/Free Agency League Discussion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.