How about that..... Topic

Canada and Russia don't have the soil that Iowa has due to the glacier's removing it during the last ice age. (and I am the mental midget?)
3/29/2013 4:07 PM
occsid, please identify the state of Iowa in the picture below:

www.backyardnature.net/g/ice-ages.htm

"Another paper published by leading climate scientist James Hansen, the head of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, says the lower than expected temperature rise between 2000 and the present could be explained by increased emissions from burning coal."

HOOORAY!  Burning coal is now good!  (Climate warming scaremongers heads explode).

3/29/2013 4:23 PM
Posted by occsid on 3/29/2013 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kneeneighbor on 3/8/2013 2:53:00 PM (view original):
Who ******* cares if its getting warmer out... we will grow oranges in Minnesota.
I will try to explain it slowly for you mouth breathers.

If it gets warmer and the polar caps melt, the oceans rise and will 1) swamp the coasts and islands and 2) push ocean water up the rivers that feed the ocean killing of river species and plants along the river.

The drought in the midwest gets much worse and crops won't grow making food hard to grow and more expensive to get.

As a noted scientist once said. "How are you going to replace Iowa?"

Some of you people are so ******* stupid I have trouble believing you are able to remember to breathe. 

Again, who gives a ****, Ill just own some beach front property in Ohio
3/29/2013 4:39 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 3/29/2013 4:39:00 PM (view original):
Who ******* cares if its getting warmer out... we will grow oranges in Minnesota.

If it gets warmer and the polar caps melt, the oceans rise and will 1) swamp the coasts and islands and 2) push ocean water up the rivers that feed the ocean killing of river species and plants along the river.

The drought in the midwest gets much worse and crops won't grow making food hard to grow and more expensive to get.

Some of you people are so ******* stupid I have trouble believing you are able to remember to breathe. 

I swear, you must be joking Knee, there is no way you could be serious is there?

For the mouth breathers that believe what Knee is saying is just fine let me clue you in.

What happens when New York, Boston, Florida, LA, SF, Oakland, Seattle, in other words the over 100 million Americans that live within 100 miles of the coasts no longer are able to live there?  They move inland having no choice but to live in make-shift tent cities spread out over millions of acres of farmland.  The economic, environmental, and food growing systems will completely fall apart.  We are talking about worse by a long shot then the great depression of the 1930s.  Governments the world over will go bankrupt, even the ones that dont live near any ocean, because the most powerful ones do, and the shockwaves will affect every human being on the planet.  The droughts that will be much worse because there will be even less snow melt then there has been in the last several years (which has been the worst in modern times).

Naysayers will give us links showing that there has been no warming in 20 years, but its pretty easy to find garbage science nowadays.  Corporations who profit from status quo will churn out crap like that.

You will call people like me scare-mongers, but the way I see it is the truth is frickin scary.  If some of you want to just live in your bubble convincing each other that everything is just fine, you go right ahead, but let me go on record as saying "I told you so".

3/29/2013 5:26 PM
That "garbage science" is coming from scientists such as James Hansen. Guys who beat the global warming drum. But the true believers like greeny will convince themselves otherwise.
3/29/2013 9:26 PM
So one guy changes his mind and all of a sudden CC is bunk?  Come on, faulty logic much?  How about the fact that over 90% of scientists agree that CC is at least partly human influenced, and that if we dont make changes soon that we are going to be getting worse and worse weather phenomena.  Obviously that doesnt mean anything to you Baker because it disagrees with your world view.
3/29/2013 10:25 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 3/29/2013 5:26:00 PM (view original):

I swear, you must be joking Knee, there is no way you could be serious is there?

For the mouth breathers that believe what Knee is saying is just fine let me clue you in.

What happens when New York, Boston, Florida, LA, SF, Oakland, Seattle, in other words the over 100 million Americans that live within 100 miles of the coasts no longer are able to live there?  They move inland having no choice but to live in make-shift tent cities spread out over millions of acres of farmland.  The economic, environmental, and food growing systems will completely fall apart.  We are talking about worse by a long shot then the great depression of the 1930s.  Governments the world over will go bankrupt, even the ones that dont live near any ocean, because the most powerful ones do, and the shockwaves will affect every human being on the planet.  The droughts that will be much worse because there will be even less snow melt then there has been in the last several years (which has been the worst in modern times).

Naysayers will give us links showing that there has been no warming in 20 years, but its pretty easy to find garbage science nowadays.  Corporations who profit from status quo will churn out crap like that.

You will call people like me scare-mongers, but the way I see it is the truth is frickin scary.  If some of you want to just live in your bubble convincing each other that everything is just fine, you go right ahead, but let me go on record as saying "I told you so".

3/30/2013 2:06 AM
Not just him greeny. Read a bit. No warming for 20 yrs. All the models wrong. All the doomsday predictions wrong. But let's completely halt humanities march to cut carbon emissions. That's logical.

Oh, and once again, China, India, Brazil and the rest of the developing world are spewing carbon like it's a race. They won't stop.
3/30/2013 8:01 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

first you will need to rape a goat and stop showering before they will allow you to move to ohio
4/1/2013 11:28 AM
Ofcourse They are complaining about cold in Britain!  Do you realize that the southern most tip of England is further north then Winnipeg!!!  And the northern most tip is at the same latitude as Hudsons Bay?

The only reason that England is half way livable in the winter is because of the oceans currents.  Guess what?  Because of the extra melting happening on Greenland and in the arctic the fresh water is diluting the North Atlantic which has the effect of slowing ocean currents, which in turn will cool Britain as well as the rest of Northern Europe.  And when the inevitable happens and Greenland fully melts as well as the Arctic the Gulf of Mexico stream will be cut off from the N Atlantic putting everybody in N Europe in a deep freeze.  Their winters will be nearly as punishing as Winnipegs and in many cases more so. 

Again, when this scenario plays out sometime in the next decade or two "I told you so".

4/1/2013 7:25 PM
"But, but, but global warming means the whole planet is getting warmer and it isn't happening." The battle cry of the species Rupublicanus Dumbassius
4/1/2013 8:26 PM
Greeny, thanks so much for telling us about the reason for GB's climate. Now go help occsid find Iowa on the map above.
4/1/2013 8:41 PM
Im Canadian, why would I care where Iowa is? 
4/1/2013 8:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...28 Next ▸
How about that..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.