Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

You missed the point and went off on a rant about Manning that served no purpose.

THE POINT: No Brady lover ever addresses any of his failures.

People address Manning's failures all the time, hence why he isn't over rated like Brady is.

2/22/2013 11:14 AM
Also, my ratings on the top ten aren't set in stone. I put them out off the top of my head. That means your attacking them serves no purpose either.
2/22/2013 11:17 AM
His failures have now been addressed.  He's still an elite QB.  

What was the point of ranking players if you don't necessarily believe in your rankings?
2/22/2013 11:20 AM
Every great QB fails.  Here's a failure by another elite QB:  :)

www.yt2gif.com/view/61200

2/22/2013 11:27 AM
His failures were NOT addressed sufficiently to show he isn't over rated.

As I said before, the moment everyone who touts Brady as great addresses his failures as often as they do for other QBs, I'll stop saying he's over rated. Until then, he'll always be over rated.

I flat out told you the rankings were off the top of my head. I'm not sure how you don't understand what that means, but here it is: It means with more thought and evaluation, they may change.

By the way, I will also say that no matter what rankings I list, I won't be debating my own list with anyone.
2/22/2013 11:27 AM
OK, show me more of his failures then.  I don't know what else to say.  I'm not attempting to ignore any evidence you present to me.
2/22/2013 11:29 AM
I listed several of his monumental failures as perspective since those of you who support him deliberately avoid listing ANY of them.

The point has been made and is easy to understand unless you purposefully don't want to get it (or are far too dense to be involved in this discussion in the first place).

2/22/2013 11:51 AM
I'm arguing he's not overrated and is one of the best QBs in football. Why would I bring up failures he's had? I'm fully aware of things he hasn't done well.
2/22/2013 12:12 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/15/2013 2:57:00 PM (view original):
Most overrated = Joe Namath.

I wouldn't call Brady overrated.  I actually don't think I know anyone that would.  What talent does he have around him, exactly, that other teams don't have?
Holy ****!!  This has been going on longer than I thought.

What a clusterfuck.
2/22/2013 12:15 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/22/2013 11:51:00 AM (view original):
I listed several of his monumental failures as perspective since those of you who support him deliberately avoid listing ANY of them.

The point has been made and is easy to understand unless you purposefully don't want to get it (or are far too dense to be involved in this discussion in the first place).

Do you think that people arguing that Brady is great don't think that he has had any failures? Or that we're purposely ignoring his failures in order to make him look better?

Everyone here acknowledges that every QB has failures. Brady included. Can we move on from this ridiculous part of the argument?

2/22/2013 12:26 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/22/2013 11:07:00 AM (view original):
This thread should be a case study for "Irrational Internet Behavior".    The initial topic disappeared within a day or so.   Here's the recap of the last 20 days:

biz arguing Brady sucks.
A dozen or so arguing that he does not.
badluck desperately trying to revive a "young earth" debate with biz.
biz refusing to debate young earth with BL but continuing to claim Brady sucks.
Half a dozen arguing that he does not.

Heh, yeah...been home with the flu and bored out of my skull. Two flu shots in my life, got the flu both times. **** me.
2/22/2013 12:40 PM
I'm arguing he's not overrated and is one of the best QBs in football. Why would I bring up failures he's had? I'm fully aware of things he hasn't done well.

Again, the point is that Brady supporters VERY RARELY ever address any of his failures. They'll rant all day about Manning or whoever else failing, but they won't speak of Brady as anything but great.

Most QBs get over rated by wins, especially post season and Super Bowl wins. Brady takes this to the point that no one will even mention his failings, which is beyond absurd.

The way most of you talk about Brady it is as though you are NOT aware he has ever failed.

BOTTOM LINE: When you have a two-sided discussion of Brady featuring his good and bad times, he's not among the game's all-time greats.  He only appears that way because his supporters often refuse to even admit he has failures. He's over rated because of this, as any QB (or anyone ever for that matter) would be. Combine that with the obvious tendency of many people to over rate based upon Super Bowl wins and he's supremely over rated.
2/22/2013 1:09 PM
Do you think that people arguing that Brady is great don't think that he has had any failures? Or that we're purposely ignoring his failures in order to make him look better?

It's one or the other, and maybe both at times. I'm leaning toward the latter though, at least in the case of those of you who are obvious Brady worshippers.
Everyone here acknowledges that every QB has failures. Brady included. Can we move on from this ridiculous part of the argument?

I will continue to say you are over rating Brady if you dare to say how great he is without mentioning that he has also failed, and that goes for all of you.
2/22/2013 1:11 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/22/2013 1:09:00 PM (view original):

Again, the point is that Brady supporters VERY RARELY ever address any of his failures. They'll rant all day about Manning or whoever else failing, but they won't speak of Brady as anything but great.

Most QBs get over rated by wins, especially post season and Super Bowl wins. Brady takes this to the point that no one will even mention his failings, which is beyond absurd.

The way most of you talk about Brady it is as though you are NOT aware he has ever failed.

BOTTOM LINE: When you have a two-sided discussion of Brady featuring his good and bad times, he's not among the game's all-time greats.  He only appears that way because his supporters often refuse to even admit he has failures. He's over rated because of this, as any QB (or anyone ever for that matter) would be. Combine that with the obvious tendency of many people to over rate based upon Super Bowl wins and he's supremely over rated.
Are you kidding?

EVERYONE knows he has failed.  Failed as much as some of the greatest ever....more than some and clearly less than other greats.  What's your point.  Including his failures, Brady is still one of the greatest ever.  Stats, wins, super bowls, MVPs and failures (and great plays) included.

Your whole argument now is that people don't list Brady's failures.  Oh, and that he's a terrible human and has an ugly wife.

It's beyond laughable.
2/22/2013 1:15 PM
It's another post where you give a strong opinion with no evidence to back it up.  I'm shocked.

I am fully aware of the times when he's failed.
2/22/2013 1:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...64|65|66|67|68...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.