Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Do the research on the history of it for yourself if you want to know. I don't have the time or the desire to go back through and find a link for you. I remember it happened, so I'm sure it's there. 
How about you provide details.  You know...since you're accusing them of doing something they didn't.  Moron
You're talking in absolutes now, and that's ridiculous. 

I'm sure they used the information throughout the game. That doesn't mean they will absolutely stop every play or every score, as you are foolishly suggesting.

If you're going to purposefully ask questions based on absolutes, I'll start doing the same for you and we'll just go around and around until you want to stop. It gets you nowhere.

We are already going round and round with you....because you don't grasp how football works.  

You just sit there with your hater-aid and bash Brady....then your only defense is that we're all brainwashed from all the kool-aid or we're just blind homers.  You provide ZERO statistical analysis at all.  Why?  Because every stat shows Brady to be one of the all time greats.  His Superbowls, Superbowl MVPs and regular season MVPs show him as being great.
The numbers support that Brady is a better than average QB. I'd still take many current QBs before I'd take him. He's also a piece of crap as a human being. Period.
No, the stats show he's one of the greats of all time.  You would take many other current QBs because you are a fool.  Also, i can't stop laughing at your piece of crap human comment.

1/31/2013 9:05 AM

In your response to the Brady-Rodgers comparison, my point is I could say the same thing, but switch the names Brady and Rodgers and have it be similarly crazy to me.

It's not "similarly crazy" to me. It's perfectly reasonable to point out how Brady doesn't make elite plays nearly as often as he should if he's supposedly elite. Rodgers - and most other QBs reasonably held to be elite - DO make plays that show how elite they are and they do it on a regular basis most of the time.  *(Stats have been shown to you that explain how Brady makes plays down the field at practically the same rate as other elite QBs do.  So…you’re wrong.  Numbers don’t lie.  If you’re going to bring up “he has all day to throw” there are numbers that show that he gets rid of the ball as quickly as anyone in football, and the o-line, at least this year, is average at preventing sacks.)*

But he is constantly in the playoffs, largely because of what he does on the field, which you disagree with entirely, dispite the overwhelming evidence thats been presented to you. That's where we largely bump heads.

He's "constantly in the playoffs" for the same main reason he won 3 SBs - he has played on talented teams. *(Again – For his 3 Super Bowl wins, he had a below average offensive line, below average offensive weapons, and put up well above average numbers.  A defense can only carry you so far.)* 

As I already said, if Brady was HALF AS GOOD as any of you Brady lovers state, he'd have won at LEAST 5 rings by now and be on his way to 6 - and really, he'd probably have 7 or 8 and be on his way to another. There's no reason a QB as talented as you CLAIM Brady is wouldn't have been able to get the job done with the talent on that team.  *(Want to make sure I got this right – if Brady was half as good as one of the Top 3 QBs in football…so, does Matt Schaub work? Schaub would have won with a below average offensive line and below average receivers and running backs.  Do I have it right? And then he would have won more? You’re arguing if Matt Schaub took over for a struggling Drew Bledsoe in 2001, he would have gone on to win 5 Super Bowls.  If that makes sense to you, there’s something very wrong with the way your mind works.)*

You don't know when the "system" began because there's no magic system that works in football. You can't pinpoint it because it doesn't exist in the way you think it does.

No. I can't pinpoint when it began because I'm not a member of the coaching staff and have never been one and haven't asked them when it began.  *(So how do you know a system was designed to make average QBs look elite existed at all?  You haven’t asked the coaching staff, and you aren’t a part of it.)*

It's not magic. It's simply good coaching strategy to implement a system that takes advantage of both matchups and the players you have.  *(Are you implying that other teams don’t do this?)*

You said Ty Law got the pick 6 because he knew what play was coming in the 2nd quarter, based on the fact the Pats knew the first 15 offensive plays. Why didn't they know the plays before that play? If they did, they surely would have kept the Rams from moving the ball down the field. "Used that info throughout the game"? You said it was their first 15 plays.

I remember they knew the first 15 plays, but obviously there was other information they learned from the video of the Rams walk-through. Again, you are deliberately thinking in absolutes to try to argue against what I'm saying and it doesn't work that way because it's not absolute.

Also, as I already pointed out, knowing the plays doesn't necessarily mean you can absolutely stop every single one of them or stop a team from ever scoring. It makes it easier, but you also have to remember how great the Rams offense was.

If you don't stop ignoring everything in favor of absolutes, I'm done discussing this with you.

*(My problem with your argument is that A) you know this tape exists, when it never has been found. B) you knew what was ON the tape, (first 15 plays) despite no tape being found.  And C) you know that Law’s pick was made PURELY on the fact that the Pats had this tape, with no chance of Law just making a good play on the ball, Warner making a bad read, or the receiver making a bad play on it.  YOU are speaking in absolutes – that there is no way Law makes this play if the Pats didn’t have this tape that has never been found.)*

Dating women and getting them pregnant makes him a bad person?

Yes. 

There are too many children growing up with single parents and/or parents who don't love them and raise them correctly. Many of these are because people who are dating are having irresponsible sex and making babies that should never exist. Many of them can't afford these children and won't love them or be good parents, and it creates a host of problems for society that would be solved if these idiots just didn't have sex. If you can't be responsible for using birth control methods (there are plenty out there) to prevent unwanted pregnancies, then you shouldn't be having sex at all.

Brady doesn't get an exemption from this because he's famous or wealthy. He's just as much of an idiot (and the woman is too) for making a baby he shouldn't have been making by having sex he had no business having. 

By the way, do not attempt to argue this with me, because I won't do it. I believe what I believe about this and don't care if you or anyone disagrees, so there is no point in an argument because I won't change my mind.

*(Brady was in a relationship.  Are you saying that everyone needs to be married to have children? If that’s your fundamental belief, OK.  But being a “bad person” shouldn’t be determined purely on whether someone was married or not when they had children.  You also understand that birth control doesn't always work? Also, please address the arrogance argument.  Do you hate Joe Flacco because of his arrogance?

Also, do you hate Dan Marino for having an affair and a child out of wedlock?  When people bring him up as being on of the best QBs that ever existed, will you bring up how bad of a person he was?

I just want to make sure you’re equal in hating people for being “bad people.”

1/31/2013 9:35 AM
He's just as much of an idiot (and the woman is too) for making a baby he shouldn't have been making by having sex he had no business having. 

I don't know if you watch Blue Bloods, but if you do, do you look at Bridget Moynahan and think "Idiot.  What an irresponsible, terrible person.  Having sex and making babies before you're married.  What a bad person."

I know people who have had children before they are married.  Are you telling me I have friends who are bad people?
1/31/2013 9:41 AM
Hahaha!!!
1/31/2013 11:35 AM
I"m not discussing this any further as there is no point.

Brady is over rated and over hyped. Anyone who doesn't realize that is either part of creating that hype or buys into it.

I already said I'm not discussing the nature of my opinion on people who have children when they are in relationships that are clearly not fit for having children.

1/31/2013 11:40 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/31/2013 11:40:00 AM (view original):

Brady is over rated and over hyped. Anyone who doesn't realize that is either part of creating that hype or buys into it.

I already said I'm not discussing the nature of my opinion on people who have children when they are in relationships that are clearly not fit for having children.

Grr....i'm going to take my ball and go home!

I'm right and you're wrong!  

If i keep saying it they will listen!!
1/31/2013 12:02 PM

…and neither man-whore Brady or his little ho did that.

To your knowledge, you know Tom Brady had sex with 2 people. 

I’m not addressing your license/operation comments.  Moving on.

I'm not aware of Flacco's arrogance. I'd have to see it for myself before I judge it.

Just watch an interview.  Flacco considers himself to be an elite QB and rips people who think otherwise.  I’m not sure how you get this impression that Brady is so arrogant.  I see many others who are much more full of themselves. 

You think my friend (cousin, actually) is a bad person for having a child with a woman he wasn’t committed to having a relationship with.  This is the only information you have on this person.  If I were to make assumptions on the kind of person you are, (and remember I’ve had a lot more communication with you than you have with my cousin, or Tom Brady) would you consider that fair?

I grew up in a family where my parents were divorced in my early teenage years.  I will tell you that I was much better off than I would have been had my parents stayed together because they wanted to raise me under the same roof.  You should understand that before you start making bold proclamations about mandatory operations.

Are you done addressing the statistical evidence against your argument and lack of evidence backing up your Spygate arguments?

1/31/2013 12:06 PM
Posted by bistiza on 1/31/2013 11:40:00 AM (view original):

You are constantly making an idiot out of yourself. It's hilarious.
1/31/2013 12:17 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/31/2013 9:42:00 AM (view original):
He's just as much of an idiot (and the woman is too) for making a baby he shouldn't have been making by having sex he had no business having. 

I don't know if you watch Blue Bloods, but if you do, do you look at Bridget Moynahan and think "Idiot.  What an irresponsible, terrible person.  Having sex and making babies before you're married.  What a bad person."

I know people who have had children before they are married.  Are you telling me I have friends who are bad people?
Irresponsible.   One key component to poverty is single parent homes.

I can't imagine that it's going to be a problem for Brady/Moynahan but, as they say "monkey see, monkey do."
1/31/2013 12:20 PM
Mike, I understand it's not an ideal situation.  It is irresponsible.  And educating people as much as we can about safe sex is important.  But it's unfair to judge anyone based on limited knowledge about someone's situation.

Most people aren't "bad people."  People are human.  They make mistakes.
1/31/2013 12:40 PM
That's why I said "irresponsible".

Anyone having unprotected sex should know pregnancy is a possibility.   If they don't, they shouldn't be having sex.   But, like any number of risks people take on a day to day basis, they "reward" outweighs the risk.
1/31/2013 12:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2013 12:54:00 PM (view original):
That's why I said "irresponsible".

Anyone having unprotected sex should know pregnancy is a possibility.   If they don't, they shouldn't be having sex.   But, like any number of risks people take on a day to day basis, they "reward" outweighs the risk.
I don't disagree.
1/31/2013 12:58 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/31/2013 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/31/2013 9:42:00 AM (view original):

Irresponsible.   One key component to poverty is single parent homes.

I can't imagine that it's going to be a problem for Brady/Moynahan but, as they say "monkey see, monkey do."
None of that makes Brady a bad guy. He very well could be a bad guy. Or he could be a great guy. We don't know because we don't know him.
1/31/2013 1:12 PM
Well, in that case, you should probably hold Brady to a higher standard than your friends.  Like it or not, people know about Brady's "love child" while a limited few know about your bud's.

But that's probably a societal issue that has nothing to do with football.   I only brought it up, no idea why biz did, because nomar called Brady a model citizen or some crap.  He's not.
1/31/2013 1:15 PM
I didn't call Brady a "bad guy".   I called him irresponsible with his dick at least once.
1/31/2013 1:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...28|29|30|31|32...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.