Two Man Band - non-HoF - FULL - round 2 picks Topic

Carl Mays
1/31/2013 4:38 PM
Mr Irrelevant is Curt Schilling

1/31/2013 5:28 PM
I'm very surprised that Schilling was drafted so late.

If someone at the beginning said, "Here, you can have Curt Schilling and then pick any batter you want," no way I would have turned that down.

1/31/2013 6:08 PM
OK, we are all through with the draft.  If anyone has roster issues, please tell me.

Fatboydad54 DOES need two 200k players because his two men (Joe Jackson and Joe Wood) only have 23 seasons between them.  Therefore, he is assigned the two worst 200k DH's I can find -- 1987 Andy Thornton and 2001 Harold Baines.  They should be set to "Rest" at all times and if Sparky does somehow choose to use them, I don't think anyone will be at a disadvantage for it.

I will double-check rosters tomorrow and hopefully we will be good for random realignment.
1/31/2013 6:20 PM
I agree doubletruck.
His K/BB ratio alone makes him valuable in this league.
With all of the suspect defenses, free passes and contact need to be minimized as a way of avoiding errors.

As a lifelong BoSox fan, I was quite happy that his name never came up until the final pick.

Play Ball!
1/31/2013 6:24 PM
He was one of the couple I was looking at, but his hr's allowed could be a little scary
1/31/2013 6:53 PM
Curt Schilling is a steal as the last pick.
1/31/2013 6:55 PM
That's why I drafted Gooden. High K, low BB & HR rate!
1/31/2013 7:04 PM
Early warning on timing: My second team may not get entered until Sunday, because of an out-of-town trip.
1/31/2013 7:41 PM
Another pitcher I strongly considered was Andy Messersmith, but i've had the most success with Gooden. Schilling has never performed well!
1/31/2013 8:20 PM
Posted by bottomlee on 1/29/2013 8:23:00 PM (view original):
1.  Pick season of player you want in a "util" spot, and add him to your roster.
2.  Copy the web address, it will look something like this:
http://www.whatifsports.com/mlb-l/themewiz_buildteam.asp?action=add&spot=15&playerid=2187317

The last bunch of digits is that player's unique season ID.   The " add&spot=15" is where that unique player season is on your roster
1=C, 2=1b, 3=2b, 4=3b, 5=ss, 6,7,8=of....

3. Delete said player from your roster.
4. Paste the link that you copied in step two into your browser.
5. Change the number in  "  add&spot=xx  "  to where on your roster you want the player to go, then type " enter"
6. Go find your next player, rinse and repeat

When I try this method, I get the individual season popup window & it says There are no eligible seasons at C for this player.

HELP!
2/2/2013 1:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10
Two Man Band - non-HoF - FULL - round 2 picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.