$120M Choose Your Own Theme XII (WAITLISTING) Topic

Tentative theme: Living players who are NOT in the Hall of Fame.

Top 15 theme.

Player seasons will be drafted from among those in the top 15 for: Consecutive games played, most games played at catcher, most innings pitched and most games saved.
1/7/2013 5:30 PM (edited)
I'm in if I can do players from any xxx0 or xxx5 season. Thanks!
1/7/2013 6:16 PM
Is there a league number???
1/7/2013 11:18 PM
Yes, and you already opened the sitemail that had the league number in it
1/7/2013 11:25 PM
Posted by doubletruck on 1/7/2013 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Tentative theme: Living players who are NOT in the Hall of Fame.

Top 15 theme.

Player seasons will be drafted from among those in the top 15 for: Consecutive games played, most games played at catcher, most innings pitched and most games saved.
Well, I can't do it to my satisfaction.

I want instead to draft a Ma & Pa team. Each player's last name will begin with either Ma or Pa.
1/7/2013 11:41 PM
Ok!  Little bit of a learning curve, but I'm in with The Walking Dead!
1/8/2013 7:20 PM
I will do the Yank-A's. 

All players played for both the New York Yankees and Phila, K C, Oakland A's

Any year of their career doesn't have to be one they played for Yanks or A's.
1/8/2013 8:56 PM
I'll join.    Everyone on my team will have at some time in their careers, worn a Rochester Red Wings uniform.
1/9/2013 5:45 AM
I've always wanted to do a league where all the players are drafted into AAA, then renamed for each franchise with 'busts' from that franchise.  I just have never thought enough people would join.

for example....I would choose a Cardinal team and draft, say Keith Hernandez in AAA, then rename him Jim Adducci, a failed Cardinal prospect.   I would draft Scott Rolen at 3b, then rename  him Jim Lindeman.   So these players would have good yrs in the majors, like they were supposed to, but never had in real life

the issue would be all teams would then have the same AAA options as me, and that could be a problem.

thoughts?

1/9/2013 1:11 PM
if this works for you, I'd like to try a "Heavenly" theme. Every player drafted will be from either San Diego, San Francisco, St. Louis, Los Angeles, or an Angel...
1/9/2013 1:40 PM
I would like to try the Alabet soup theme. A_Z last names
1/9/2013 3:24 PM
Babe Ruth Pitcher/Hitter  Pitchers that pitched during Ruths Pitching era and hitters that hit during his Hitting Years. I always wanted to have Ruth as a hitter and a Pitcher.
1/9/2013 4:23 PM
Bay Area Theme:  All players must be from a season they played for Oakland or San Francisco.
1/10/2013 3:47 PM
Can you please take me out of this league Skunk. I want to join another one less hard. Thanks.
1/11/2013 3:08 PM
All players must have played with Julio Franco (twist).  Atleast 6 from each decade he played.  1980s, 1990s, 2000s.
1/12/2013 8:44 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
$120M Choose Your Own Theme XII (WAITLISTING) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.