NFL Survivor- still undefeated- playoff time! Topic

I missed winning 25k in rtsports bracket a couple of years ago because I had no one to pick in the SB.   These types of games have an end.

I'd consider it more like the A/S game that ended in a tie because neither team had a pitcher to use.
12/31/2012 7:22 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 12/31/2012 7:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/31/2012 6:23:00 PM (view original):
I tend to work backwards. 
I like NE/SF in the SB.  So I want BOTH of them available.
DEN/NE is the AFC champ game.  I want both of them available.
SF against I don't know in the NFC Champ game.  I save them.  But the NFC looks messy right now.  I avoid it this week because I want GB available next week.  I don't trust ATL at all. 

I don't like Balt to beat NE or DEN but I'd consider HOU to beat one of them. 

So, to me, Balt is the obvious choice this week.

Not bad logic, but at the same time, isn't this similar to an ML manager saving his best bench hitter for extra innings when the game may not even go to extra innings? Next week's picks mean nothing if you don't get this week's right.

While this may be true your goal is to win the game. You need to do whats best for winning the whole thing. Getting past this week means nothing if you dont win the whole thing.
1/1/2013 2:11 AM

I am thinking of switching over to Ravens instead of Texans based on Ray Lewis' retirement announcement. I think the crowd will be so fired up and that will help carry the Ravens more so than Colts' momentum.
So who would you take?

Votes: 9
(Last vote received: 1/6/2013 7:09 AM)
1/3/2013 8:31 PM
Honestly, can you imagine the Ravens beating Denver in Denver? 

I'd want nothing with picking against Houston next week.   I know they got smoked in NE earlier this season but they have the talent to win next week.  Baltimore does not.
1/4/2013 9:26 AM
I'd pick an NFC team. The winner of the Washington-Seattle game isn't getting past next round, so take a shot there.
1/4/2013 8:38 PM
saw this late, sorry.

I picked Houston for same reason you mentioned - no way they go to NE and win. Plus Cincy O has looked horrible last few weeks
Don't want to mess with Balt/Ind because it could go either way - same with Sea/Wash.
I thought GB had best shot of winning this week, but also think they could beat SF next week so I passed on them.

I liked Mike's thoughts but am thinking GB/NE Super Bowl myself.

Looking to next week: I like Denver over Balt/Ind winner and NE over Hou Probably will go with Denver.
Don't have alot of confidence in Atl vs Sea/Wash winner. STAY AWAY FROM GB/SF - Take winner of this game in Championship Week.
1/6/2013 12:15 AM
Anything is possible, but I don't see how GB goes into SF and wins. If they were playing ATL, maybe.

If Houston plays like they did today, they'll give NE a much tougher test than in their last matchup. Good D and a heavy dose of Foster.
1/6/2013 12:47 AM
SF screwed me vs StL so I can't go wit them again
1/6/2013 5:26 PM

My Balt pick was right.

Next week, I take ATL over whoever wins this one because I don't like ATL over GB or SF(and like the SEA/WSH game, I'd avoid that one).

If all goes as planned, I can take the winner of GB/SF over ATL and the winner of DEN/NE in the SB. 

And I win all the money.

1/6/2013 6:13 PM
I'd also avoid NE/HOU.   NE is the superior team but, if HOU doesn't fall behind and have to throw on every play, I think they could win a close one.
1/6/2013 6:16 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/6/2013 12:47:00 AM (view original):
Anything is possible, but I don't see how GB goes into SF and wins. If they were playing ATL, maybe.

If Houston plays like they did today, they'll give NE a much tougher test than in their last matchup. Good D and a heavy dose of Foster.
GB can win in SF because they have the superior QB.
1/6/2013 6:19 PM
I'd argue that Indy had the superior QB.
1/6/2013 6:23 PM
 I believe I will take the Falcons over the Seahawks for the Divisional round. New England should be the hands down pick, but I want to have them available should they make it to the Super Bowl and if I make it that far.
Picks-
Wildcard game- RAVENS
Divisional game- FALCONS
Conference Championship- winner of GB/SF
Super Bowl- winner of Denver/NE

That is how I see it. Comments?
1/6/2013 8:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/6/2013 6:13:00 PM (view original):

My Balt pick was right.

Next week, I take ATL over whoever wins this one because I don't like ATL over GB or SF(and like the SEA/WSH game, I'd avoid that one).

If all goes as planned, I can take the winner of GB/SF over ATL and the winner of DEN/NE in the SB. 

And I win all the money.

I hope you are right....you know what they say about great minds....lol!
1/6/2013 8:56 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/6/2013 6:23:00 PM (view original):
I'd argue that Indy had the superior QB.
No doubt Luck will be the superior QB, but Joe Flacco has now won a playoff game in each of his first 5 NFL seasons to push his playoff record to 6-4.  I just don't think Luck is better than Flacco right now, especially in that type of high pressure game and with Luck on the road. 

Honestly, I really don't know why so many people thought Indianapolis was going to win that game.  Seemed like a pretty easy game to pick, and you are correct, Baltimore winning in Denver is extremely unlikely and this is from a Ravens fan. 
1/6/2013 10:10 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
NFL Survivor- still undefeated- playoff time! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.