Connecticut shooting Topic

Swamp, you aren't helping anything here.

The biggest problems we have in this debate are differences in how we define firearms, and the ignorance of many about what a semi-automatic does.

By calling a civilian-legal AR-15 style rifle, or a civilian-legal semi-auto AK-47, an assault gun/weapon/rifle, you are playing into their hands.

These are NOT the same firearms used in war.  They do not emit a steady stream of bullets as long as you are holding the trigger down.  Those weapons are HEAVILY regulated, very tough to get, and have special instructions above and beyond normal, that are required for ownership.

The so-called "assault weapons" have been so defined, not based on the capabilities and function of the firearm, but on cosmetic features that have nothing to do with how they operate.  Know the difference, and correct those that don't.  

1/4/2013 4:06 PM
I agree with you 100% on the definition issue.

We are beyond that point though.

The laws are being written and there is not going to be a definition battle.

We need to change the total conversation or we are going to lose this one.
1/4/2013 4:12 PM
Obviously, you don't agree with me 100%.

Just continue to perpetuate the problem.
1/4/2013 6:03 PM
I agree with your point that the guns are being mislabeled.

I do not agree with your analysis on how important that issue is relative to the big picture.

Lets take 100 people in the mall.

You tell them that the guns criminals are using are not really military style. What does that do to their opinion?

Then tell them that gun control has never worked in reducing crime or violent acts in America...ever! What does that do to their opinion.

I am not trying to diminish your beliefs or your passion for the 2nd Amendment. We need to all stand together right now. They are coming for our guns.

I just think my point has a greater impact.

Your point is 100% valid and can be an important tool in closing down the media storm against guns right now.
1/5/2013 3:55 PM
"They are coming for our guns."

So this is how you get people to agree with you in your mall surveys - unsubstantiated fear.
1/5/2013 4:36 PM
So in your opinion there is not an attempt to pass a law that would restrict Americans access to firearms?
1/5/2013 7:04 PM
Your statement implies all guns. There is not an attempt to limit access to all guns.
1/5/2013 11:47 PM
It is possible that it implied all guns, but since I didnt say all guns it didnt have to mean all guns.

The DC gun ban, which was determined to be unconstitutional, was supported by Obama before it was overturned.
1/6/2013 12:04 AM
1/6/2013 12:33 AM
I am not trying to diminish your beliefs or your passion for the 2nd Amendment. We need to all stand together right now. They are coming for our guns.

I am not trying to diminish your beliefs or your passion for the 2nd Amendment. We need to all stand together right now. They are coming for a large number but by no means all of our guns...

FTFY!!!
1/6/2013 5:21 PM
Moron.
1/7/2013 11:44 AM
Jim got upset that I implied all guns so I fixed it for him.

What part about that upsets you?

Are they not going to limit 2nd amendment freedoms?
1/7/2013 11:46 AM
We certainly hope so.
1/7/2013 2:34 PM
So why exactly does the left get so angry when the NRA or individuals who support 2nd amendment freedoms use the phrase "Coming for your guns"?

It might be a little dramatic, but it isnt really misleading.
1/7/2013 3:17 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/7/2013 11:46:00 AM (view original):
Jim got upset that I implied all guns so I fixed it for him.

What part about that upsets you?

Are they not going to limit 2nd amendment freedoms?
Directed towards me?

If so, not upset at all.  Just think you are a fool.  That is all.
1/7/2013 3:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25|26 Next ▸
Connecticut shooting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.