IMPORTANT POLL Topic

No you didn't respond.

All you've said over and over again is that you already addressed it and won't repeat yourself.

Nothing you've given is evidence of a young earth:

- Existence of C14. C14 is produced in the atmosphere. Not evidence of a young earth.

- The 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics exist, yes, but aren't evidence of a young earth.

- Wood can petrify quickly, yes, but, again, that is not evidence of a young earth.

See?  All three of your arguments laid out clearly. None of them are an argument for a young earth. Anything else?
1/3/2013 2:53 PM (edited)
I already told you how all of those pieces of evidence (plus others you have also forgot to read) are in fact evidence for the possibility the earth is younger than mainstream scientists often believe.

This is far from "all three of your arguments laid out clearly".  In point of fact, none of what you say has much to do with what I said on those same subjects, which is further evidence you didn't read what I had to say in the first place. Clearly you don't even know what my arguments are, which is quite convenient for you.

You refuse to read what I told you in the first place and then all you want to do is twist and distort what I have to say.

Once again, there is no point in arguing with someone like you. You're not open to evidence contrary to what you believe, and even if it was the most compelling piece of evidence you'd ever heard you would find a way to argue against it out of spite. So I won't waste the time.

1/3/2013 4:13 PM
Posted by bistiza on 1/3/2013 4:13:00 PM (view original):
I already told you how all of those pieces of evidence (plus others you have also forgot to read) are in fact evidence for the possibility the earth is younger than mainstream scientists often believe.

This is far from "all three of your arguments laid out clearly".  In point of fact, none of what you say has much to do with what I said on those same subjects, which is further evidence you didn't read what I had to say in the first place. Clearly you don't even know what my arguments are, which is quite convenient for you.

You refuse to read what I told you in the first place and then all you want to do is twist and distort what I have to say.

Once again, there is no point in arguing with someone like you. You're not open to evidence contrary to what you believe, and even if it was the most compelling piece of evidence you'd ever heard you would find a way to argue against it out of spite. So I won't waste the time.

Others?

Like what? You haven't listed any others.

The existence of carbon 14 is not evidence of a young earth. C14 is made in the atmosphere.

You have never once shown how the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics preclude an old earth and your argument that trees can petrify quickly also doesn't preclude an old earth.

Feel free to show me where I'm wrong.

1/3/2013 4:43 PM
Others? Like what? You haven't listed any others.

Yes, I did. Again, you need to go read it and stop pretending like you know what you're talking about unless or until you do.
Feel free to show me where I'm wrong.

I already have. You ignored it and continue to say the same thing over and over. So until you go read it and come up with something different, if I decide to respond to you, I'll just keep telling you the same thing: Go read it and then come back with a real response if you wish. Otherwise, we'll just keep going round and round until I decide you're not worth the time any more - and it's getting very close to that point.
1/4/2013 9:29 AM
I've listed the three pieces of "evidence" you've cited. None are an argument for a young earth. If you've given others, I haven't seen them.

Feel free to provide them now. We all know you aren't averse to typing.
1/4/2013 10:39 AM

(Walk down the corridor)

Man: (Knock)

Mr. Vibrating: Come in.

Man: Ah, Is this the right room for an argument?

Mr. Vibrating: I told you once.

Man: No you haven't.

Mr. Vibrating: Yes I have.

Man: When?

Mr. Vibrating: Just now.

Man: No you didn't.

Mr. Vibrating: Yes I did.

Man: You didn't

Mr. Vibrating: I did!

Man: You didn't!

Mr. Vibrating: I'm telling you I did!

Man: You did not!!

Mr. Vibrating: Oh, I'm sorry, just one moment. Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?

Man: Oh, just the five minutes.

Mr. Vibrating: Ah, thank you. Anyway, I did.

Man: You most certainly did not.

Mr. Vibrating: Look, let's get this thing clear; I quite definitely told you.

Man: No you did not.

Man: You didn't.

Mr. Vibrating: Did.

Man: Oh look, this isn't an argument.

Mr. Vibrating: Yes it is.

Man: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.

Mr. Vibrating: No it isn't.

Man: It is!

Mr. Vibrating: It is not.

Man: Look, you just contradicted me.

Mr. Vibrating: I did not.

Man: Oh you did!!

Mr. Vibrating: No, no, no.

Man: You did just then.

Mr. Vibrating: Nonsense!

Man: Oh, this is futile!

Man: I came here for a good argument.

Mr. Vibrating: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.

Man: An argument isn't just contradiction.

Mr. Vibrating: It can be.

Man: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

Man: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.

Mr. Vibrating: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.

Man: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'

Mr. Vibrating: Yes it is!

Man: No it isn't!

Man: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.

(short pause)

Man: It is.

Mr. Vibrating: Not at all.

Man: Now look.

Mr. Vibrating: (Rings bell) Good Morning.

Man: What?

Mr. Vibrating: That's it. Good morning.

Man: I was just getting interested.

Mr. Vibrating: Sorry, the five minutes is up.

Man: That was never five minutes!

Mr. Vibrating: I'm afraid it was.

Man: It wasn't.

(Pause)

Mr. Vibrating: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue anymore.

Man: What?!

Mr. Vibrating: If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

Man: Yes, but that was never five minutes, just now. Oh come on!

Mr. Vibrating: (Hums)

Man: Look, this is ridiculous.

Mr. Vibrating: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!

Man: Oh, all right.

(pays money)

Mr. Vibrating: Thank you. (short pause)

Man: Well?

Mr. Vibrating: Well what?

Man: That wasn't really five minutes, just now.

Mr. Vibrating: I told you, I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid.

Man: I just paid!

Mr. Vibrating: No you didn't.

Man: I DID!

Mr. Vibrating: No you didn't.

Man: Look, I don't want to argue about that.

Mr. Vibrating: Well, you didn't pay.

Man: Aha. If I didn't pay, why are you arguing? I Got you!

Mr. Vibrating: No you haven't.

Man: Yes I have. If you're arguing, I must have paid.

Mr. Vibrating: Not necessarily. I could be arguing in my spare time.

Man: Oh I've had enough of this.

Mr. Vibrating: No you haven't.

Man: Oh Shut up.

1/4/2013 10:54 AM
That's fantastic.
1/4/2013 12:03 PM
I've listed the three pieces of "evidence" you've cited. None are an argument for a young earth. If you've given others, I haven't seen them. Feel free to provide them now. We all know you aren't averse to typing.

I provided you the evidence once. That is a fact. It's there. If you don't want to go find it, that's on you.

Feel free to go read them now.  Oh, that's right, you're averse to doing that and would rather ask for the same information over and over instead.

This is as pointless as ever. If anyone actually cares about your refusal to go read the information, they can keep reading, but I don't so I'm done here.
1/4/2013 12:16 PM
So, you want me to go on a hunting expedition to try to find some evidence you posted on another thread?

If it's so clear (and you have said over and over again that there is equally as much evidence for a young earth) why not give us some evidence here?
1/4/2013 12:41 PM
Is bis actually "done here?"

Votes: 8
(Last vote received: 1/25/2013 4:32 PM)
1/4/2013 1:16 PM
Ye spelt "doubtful" wrong.
1/4/2013 1:33 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/4/2013 1:33:00 PM (view original):
Ye spelt "doubtful" wrong.
Pretty sure that was on purpose.
1/4/2013 1:37 PM
Well, that's dumm, isn't it?
1/4/2013 1:39 PM
"Mayhaps" it was a joke.
1/4/2013 1:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...37 Next ▸
IMPORTANT POLL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.