IMPORTANT POLL Topic

It may surprise people to know that I am registered as an Independent, and always have been.
10/5/2013 7:14 PM
So are Lou Dobbs and Bill O'Reilly...

I bet they spend loads of time determining who they are going to vote for.
10/6/2013 2:24 AM
And Lou Dobbs and Bill O'Reilly are relevant to me . . .  how?
10/6/2013 6:57 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
WHEN YER PREFERRED STYLE OF COMMUNICATION IS OLDE ENGLISH IN ALL-CAPS, YE HAVE NO RIGHT TO ACCUSE OTHERS OF SOUNDING NUTTY!!!!
10/6/2013 7:25 AM
If he used Old English you wouldn't be able to read it, most likely...

Just saying.

10/6/2013 11:36 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Can I change my vote to tec? Good God.
9/5/2014 9:36 PM
I take it back. I tried re-reading this thread; after 25-30 pages of bistiza's nonsense, I was feeling faint.
9/6/2014 4:39 PM
RIP Swampy.
9/7/2014 1:02 AM
Posted by bistiza on 3/12/2015 3:46:00 PM:
Posted by arssanguinus on 3/12/2015 8:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 3/12/2015 8:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by a_in_the_b on 3/11/2015 8:20:00 AM (view original):
What I don't understand, honestly, is how you can get any enjoyment out of a game with no challenge to it. If a game isn't going to have any challenge, I'll just go watch a movie, or a sunset or go play with the cat or something. With no challenge to it, a game is kind of a really pointless activity. How would accomplishments in a game that had no challenge whatsoever in getting them have any meaning to me?

In essence, how are they really accomplishments?
Because I'm not in it for the challenge - I'm in it to relax and enjoy it. Challenge - beyond a modest level at best - makes it LESS fun, because it's frustrating. I deal with frustration all the time, so having to deal with more of it is NOT fun.

It is accomplishment because I am relaxed and not frustrated.

To me, there is no accomplishment worth being frustrated about in a simple game with no real meaning except to have fun.

And to me there is no fun if the challenge isn't there. I guess that's an irreconcilable difference at the base. To me, if it's that easy ... It's pointless to do. I'll just go find something else to relax, like playing with the pet, reading a book etcetera.

Yah. To each their own ...
One of the most fun things I can think to do is to play a sports video game and destroy the computer.  While things in the real world often don't work out in my favor and frustrate me, the game doesn't do that. It keeps my frustration to a minimum and always delivers success.  That's the fun. If I want a challenge, I'll try to do something in the real world.

(Emphasis mine)

Explains a lot.
3/12/2015 4:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...35|36|37
IMPORTANT POLL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.