IMPORTANT POLL Topic

Anyone can believe whatever they want and I have no problem with it.

I do, however, have a problem when you attack me for what I believe.

If you're a respectable human being, you don't use name calling and other insults in any kind of debate. You also don't do that if you have any debate skills at all.

1/15/2013 1:23 PM
The debate never restarted, bad_luck.

Now you think you're magical and can make anything happen by claiming it. Priceless.

1/15/2013 1:24 PM
You made a direct accusation. You said I changed your words when I responded to your evidence.

You owe me an explanation. What words did I change? It should be easy since I quoted both posts on the last page.
1/15/2013 1:29 PM
I owe you nothing whatsoever.

I will continue to let you wallow in your loss when you gave up. Apparently you enjoy it.

1/15/2013 1:30 PM
Posted by bistiza on 1/15/2013 11:56:00 AM (view original):
You did change the words. That's the point.

Still, it is a moot point. You lost the debate and it won't be restarted. Deal with it.

Here is your direct accusation.

Please explain how I changed your words when I responded to your "evidence?"
1/15/2013 1:31 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/15/2013 11:14:00 AM (view original):
Oh, so you want me to post exactly what you wrote and my exact response. OK, here you go:

On the 24 you wrote:
Posted by bistiza on 12/24/2012 9:21:00 AM (view original):
Evidence please.

All you have to do is run a search for "young earth theory" or "young earth creationism" and read the information to find many scientists who support the hypothesis in whole or in part. I'm not going to bother listing all the names for you - you can go read them yourself if you want to take the time.

Keep in mind I truly am completely neutral on this one. I can see both sides.
Bistiza, could you give one - 1! - piece of "evidence" that the earth is NOT billions of years old?  You claimed that there is evidence on both sides.  And can you show me any evidence that any scientists believe that?
The first and second laws of thermodynamics. 

The fact that carbon-14 should break down to virtually nothing past a certain point in terms of dates and yet it is difficult to find carbon without carbon-14, which with an old earth model should be virtually non-existent much of the time.

The fossil record shows many strata of rock which are thought to be formed over "millions of years" can actually form quite quickly. Sometimes there are fossils, including petrified trees, which span straight through several layers indicating they may have formed quite suddenly.

Adding to these and other evidence, there are MANY things older universe theory fails to explain, so there is every reason for me to be neutral on the issue and not simply accept one theory over another because it is the feeling of the majority.  I make no apology for thinking for myself and making a determination that there isn't enough evidence on either side at this point in time, and both sides have many failings.
On the 27th I wrote:

Posted by bad_luck on 12/27/2012 11:40:00 AM (view original):
The first and second laws of thermodynamics. 

Not sure what that has to do with the age of the earth.
The fact that carbon-14 should break down to virtually nothing past a certain point in terms of dates and yet it is difficult to find carbon without carbon-14, which with an old earth model should be virtually non-existent much of the time.

dahs already covered this. Carbon 14 is produced in the atmosphere. Not sure why you would think it would be non-existent.
The fossil record shows many strata of rock which are thought to be formed over "millions of years" can actually form quite quickly. Sometimes there are fossils, including petrified trees, which span straight through several layers indicating they may have formed quite suddenly.

Can you explain this further?

Here are the direct quotes.
1/15/2013 1:31 PM
No one cares.

You gave up. You lost. Get over it.

1/15/2013 1:32 PM
I care. You made an accusation. It's pretty clear that once again you're wrong, I changed NONE of your words and quoted you directly. I understand why you wouldn't want THAT debate to continue.
1/15/2013 1:35 PM
You gave up. You lost. Deal with it.

1/15/2013 1:38 PM
No I didn't. This is a new debate. You said today that I changed your words. I said today that I didn't. I provided direct quotes.

See? The double secret online debate forfeiture rule doesn't apply. I responded within the completely made up bistiza time limit.
1/15/2013 1:45 PM
There is no new debate, no old debate, no anything debate.

You lost the only debate that ever existed between us when you gave up. Deal with it.
1/15/2013 1:48 PM
Posted by bistiza on 1/15/2013 1:23:00 PM (view original):
Anyone can believe whatever they want and I have no problem with it.

I do, however, have a problem when you attack me for what I believe.

If you're a respectable human being, you don't use name calling and other insults in any kind of debate. You also don't do that if you have any debate skills at all.

If you have no problem with it, why do you call those people "mindless sheep" who are stuck in the 14th century?
1/15/2013 1:49 PM
That's not because they disagree with me but because of their ignorant attempts to attack me.
1/15/2013 1:51 PM
Posted by bistiza on 1/15/2013 1:48:00 PM (view original):
There is no new debate, no old debate, no anything debate.

You lost the only debate that ever existed between us when you gave up. Deal with it.
You keep repeating that, but it doesn't make it true.

You're accusing me of lying. Care to back that up with evidence? I posted your exact evidence and my exact response.
1/15/2013 1:51 PM
I will keep repeating your failures until I become bored or you cease to respond.  So once again:

You gave up. You lost. Deal with it.

1/15/2013 1:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...23|24|25|26|27...37 Next ▸
IMPORTANT POLL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.