Two Billion Wasted Topic

So if you are not banning everyone all you are doing is taking away the message that "I approve".

Would that really matter?

And what about party ads that dont mention candidates and only mention issues that are very specific?

And I am not sure any of this passes a Constitutional test.
12/10/2012 4:25 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/8/2012 2:53:00 PM (view original):
So you want to make it illegal for anyone to buy air time to talk politics before an election?

Aside from the Constitutional issues do you think that is a good idea?
I want to make it free....and limited.

There's no reason for 42 robo calls and 17 attack ads per day.  Noone likes it.  Noone wants it. It's crap.
12/10/2012 7:50 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/10/2012 4:25:00 PM (view original):
So if you are not banning everyone all you are doing is taking away the message that "I approve".

Would that really matter?

And what about party ads that dont mention candidates and only mention issues that are very specific?

And I am not sure any of this passes a Constitutional test.
If a corporation can be a person I'm not sure what can't pass the Constitutional test.

Same rules for "issues" races.  The people that want to run ads can meet to debate the issue.  One show, three times in the election cycle, townhall style debates.  All broadcast for free.

12/10/2012 7:55 PM
What cant pass the constitution, because of the citizens united, is that the Federal Government cannot ban political speech.
12/10/2012 8:28 PM
◂ Prev 12
Two Billion Wasted Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.