NCIH $52 Million Draft Evaluations Topic

Putting my over/under win total at 40.5. Willing to bet next season's entry fee that I hit the over, any takers?
12/12/2012 5:42 PM
With your luck nate your team will get put into the same division as jethro and poppapomp and your squad will eak out 42 wins. Let's see who's in your division. If you put in all that ttime, and effort, and explanations just to build what you believe (or are confident enough to say) will be around a 40 game winner isn't something wrong with this picture?
12/12/2012 7:42 PM
Posted by Ginandjuice on 12/12/2012 8:52:00 AM (view original):
And DH, Miller was awesome for me last season. His D didn't stop us from reaching the finals.
damn...and its been so long since the finals ended that i cant even go back and look at your squad...curious to know what season miller and what pg/sf combo you had....im going with the 94-95 miller.....pretty weak on the boards from the backcourt with him and billups but they should murder teams from deep and at the line
12/12/2012 7:48 PM
Won my division last time at 44-38, this is a brutal league and very competitive as you know. Let's see what the randon division draw brings.
12/12/2012 7:53 PM

5) mikee1      ----- Kareem Abdul Jabbar. I like another player better at # 5 because of Kareem's somewhat poor rebounding. But a very efficient scorer and can play over 40 mpg which means a lot in this league. Tyson Chandler. The best big left that makes sense here. Rebounding has been addressed to help Kareem. Lots of efficiency. I liked an SF here a bit better.But this is a good pick. Not getting a premier guard here may be a problem in the end. Horace Grant. A great pick here if Chandler wasn't already on the team. At SF he's very good and the best low usage player other than Rodman at this position. I have to rate this a B to a B+ unless some excellent scoring and high usage is added later. If that happens the grade is an A. James Harden. Great EFG%, good assists, pretty good rebounding, makes lots of 3's and makes a ton of FT's, but with weak defense and only 29 MPG per game. Harden also is a 2 usage point player and a lot more points are needed. Overall great EFG% team wise. Kareem needs more scoring help for this team to challenge for the title. Fat Lever. Does a lot of things to help the team--Great rebounding, decent to very good defense, pretty good assists and very low T/Os and fouls per 48 MPG. But without enough offense to take this team to top level in this league. B- for this pick.  Mark Landsberger and Jon Barry. Landsberger will do very well baking up Chandler except of his god awful defense. Barry will do everything well offensively that Lever won't do albeight at about 6 usage% less. Great team EFG%. But let's face it with just one very efficient high usage player and no 4 usage point player as a true second scoring option how far can this team go . . . maybe win a first round playoff series is what I think. Even with Jabbar and Harden this team won't get fouled enough, or make enough free throws to win on the road often enough to contend for the league title. "

I think you are right Vance. ****** that I knew I was screwing it up since round 3 and you called me out on it each round! haha!
12/12/2012 8:02 PM
Vance, you have me pegged for 25-30. I had a strong team last time that only won 44. So 40.5 seems like a reasonable #. Only 3 teams hit 50 wins last time, yea I expect to compete, but I'm realistic about how competitive this league is.
12/12/2012 8:02 PM
kinda liking that squad nate....i think arenas was the wrong high usage guard to go with there but overall everything fits well...mason is a beast....theres one pg out there i think woulda fit nicely though....great a/t
12/12/2012 8:03 PM
Posted by mikee1 on 12/12/2012 8:03:00 PM (view original):

5) mikee1      ----- Kareem Abdul Jabbar. I like another player better at # 5 because of Kareem's somewhat poor rebounding. But a very efficient scorer and can play over 40 mpg which means a lot in this league. Tyson Chandler. The best big left that makes sense here. Rebounding has been addressed to help Kareem. Lots of efficiency. I liked an SF here a bit better.But this is a good pick. Not getting a premier guard here may be a problem in the end. Horace Grant. A great pick here if Chandler wasn't already on the team. At SF he's very good and the best low usage player other than Rodman at this position. I have to rate this a B to a B+ unless some excellent scoring and high usage is added later. If that happens the grade is an A. James Harden. Great EFG%, good assists, pretty good rebounding, makes lots of 3's and makes a ton of FT's, but with weak defense and only 29 MPG per game. Harden also is a 2 usage point player and a lot more points are needed. Overall great EFG% team wise. Kareem needs more scoring help for this team to challenge for the title. Fat Lever. Does a lot of things to help the team--Great rebounding, decent to very good defense, pretty good assists and very low T/Os and fouls per 48 MPG. But without enough offense to take this team to top level in this league. B- for this pick.  Mark Landsberger and Jon Barry. Landsberger will do very well baking up Chandler except of his god awful defense. Barry will do everything well offensively that Lever won't do albeight at about 6 usage% less. Great team EFG%. But let's face it with just one very efficient high usage player and no 4 usage point player as a true second scoring option how far can this team go . . . maybe win a first round playoff series is what I think. Even with Jabbar and Harden this team won't get fouled enough, or make enough free throws to win on the road often enough to contend for the league title. "

I think you are right Vance. ****** that I knew I was screwing it up since round 3 and you called me out on it each round! haha!
the guy i was talking about in the above post woulda been a perfect fit for you too in the 5th instead of fat
12/12/2012 8:06 PM
Elaborate via SM, DH!
12/12/2012 8:11 PM
No nate I like your unique style and unorthodox thinking to a point. I see your squad as getting 30 to 40 wins in a normal balanced division. If you get stuck let's say with me, tarheel1991, scudmissle, one of 98's teams or similar teams along with another one of the top10 or 12 teams it will most likely be a very long season and about 30 wins. I mean you just don't know. Your division last season had 2 teams that won less that 25 games each didn't it?

I thnk that the thing that you are missing isn't how tough the owners are and how tough the league is. You tend to focus so much on certain numbers that you think that your team will get in terms of 3's taken and made etc. that it appears that you forget about that in a 52 million league like this one the other teams are way too good for your team to get those numbers. The good numbers get reduced so a team needs many more of them for a good outcome. The bad numbers increase so a team has to have as few of those as possible. What I see is that your teams EFG% will be very low and the rebounding will be average at best. Plus, Nater will get torn apart every game by his matchup and especially against the better bigs in this league.
12/12/2012 11:41 PM
Posted by dh555 on 12/12/2012 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Ginandjuice on 12/12/2012 8:52:00 AM (view original):
And DH, Miller was awesome for me last season. His D didn't stop us from reaching the finals.
damn...and its been so long since the finals ended that i cant even go back and look at your squad...curious to know what season miller and what pg/sf combo you had....im going with the 94-95 miller.....pretty weak on the boards from the backcourt with him and billups but they should murder teams from deep and at the line
Pretty sure it was 93-94; he was flanked by J Calderon and E Brand.
12/13/2012 6:24 AM
I know the idea was shotdown and closed in the ODL, but never floated in this league. How about last season's final-4 draft the divisions this time? Vance your previous post illustrates how important the luck of the division draw is. It took over 2 weeks for the ODL to fill after the draft, so there is no way a division draft slows anything down. What do you think?
12/13/2012 7:29 AM
Lets do it
12/13/2012 8:00 AM
Dh send ncih a sm and see if he will consider it, if Vance is on board there should be enough weight behind the idea to give it at least one try. Ash was the major voice against it in the ODL and of course he is not in this league.
12/13/2012 9:11 AM
To be fair before anyone bets me on the success of my team (or does a division draft if there is one), after taking a long hard look at the numbers this morning, it looks like I'll gut Gilbert and spread his salary across 3 high efg 3pt shooters and an orb big. I'm willing to sm anyone the roster but I don't want to put the names in the forum while others are completing rosters. All four players are under $4mill and top-5 in minutes for my team will still be drafted players, so I'm within the rules.
12/13/2012 9:19 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
NCIH $52 Million Draft Evaluations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.