Riding Shotgun in a '64 GTO - (5 yr prog - Full) Topic

Welcome aboard fabulous!  Your Valiant qualifies.  I used to drive an old '59 Rambler, stick on the column.  
11/23/2012 5:50 PM
The only car I've ever owned (my wife's cars don't count) was a '72 Plymouth Duster. Every thing else has been a truck. Chevys, Fords, GMCs and Nissons. All 4x4s.

Now if you want to talk shotguns............
11/23/2012 6:26 PM
Posted by firecapt on 11/23/2012 6:26:00 PM (view original):
The only car I've ever owned (my wife's cars don't count) was a '72 Plymouth Duster. Every thing else has been a truck. Chevys, Fords, GMCs and Nissons. All 4x4s.

If I can remember that far back, the Duster was a pretty nice car.  What'd it have in it?
I had a '67 Chevy Impala with a 327 ... finally sold it after 200,000+ miles ... it just kept runnin

Okay Greg, tell me about your shotguns ... and does your wife know how to use them?
11/24/2012 7:22 AM
Posted by Kings_Kid on 11/24/2012 7:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by firecapt on 11/23/2012 6:26:00 PM (view original):

If I can remember that far back, the Duster was a pretty nice car.  What'd it have in it?
I had a '67 Chevy Impala with a 327 ... finally sold it after 200,000+ miles ... it just kept runnin

Okay Greg, tell me about your shotguns ... and does your wife know how to use them?
My Duster had a 318 in it. It was the first vehicle I ever purchased. Nice car but my heart wasn't into it. I spend to much time off road. My first brand new vehicle was a '79 Ford F150 4x4 with a 400. Great truck except for 8 miles per gallon, in town, highway or off road.

As far as my shotguns go, Remington 870, Winchester model 12, a couple of Mossbergs including a JIC, my Benelli Ultralight and my favorite is my old Browning Auto-5.

And yes my wife can shoot them, but is more into pistols. She loves her Ruger SR9 and SR9c. She's a very good shot also.

And to tie it all in together......When I purchased my 2006 Nissan Titan they had a promo going that with a truck puchase you received a Mossberg shotgun. Only in Arizona could you find a deal like that. Buy a truck get a gun too.
11/24/2012 8:09 AM
Hey Firecapt........You live in Arizona??   Me too.
BTW there's a new promotion going on now up here in "redneck" country.  Buy a new pickup.get a shotgun AND  two "green cards"............
one to show Sheriff Joe's troops............the other to visit the dispensaries.  LOL           LB

11/24/2012 10:34 AM
Hey Ken, I'm in sence it's you for sure.  Here are a few more songs about cars  Deadmans Curve, Little GTO, Hey, Litle Honda, Thunder Road, Beep Beep, Little Duece Coup, Little Old Lady From Pasadena, Tell Laura I Love Her. There are many more but thought I'd throw in a few.

11/24/2012 10:43 AM
Welcome Charlie!  Ah yes, the old songs ... I think they date us :)
11/24/2012 11:00 AM
Posted by Kings_Kid on 11/23/2012 5:34:00 AM (view original):
If I missed anything, please advise.

Perhaps in the future we can start a 5-year progressive cycle with:

1929 Durant                                        1939 Ford Convertible                              1947 Chevy Coupe

1958 Corvette                                    1970 Dodge Challenger                         1979 Trans Am

Anyone driven one of these?  If no one else has, probably Jay Leno.
My 1st Car that was my very own was a '40 Ford Coupe and believe it or not when I was in High School I got 13 people in it and acutally drove it.My dad lied about my age so I could get my liscence when I was 15 in 1960 and then got me the Coupe.  My next car was a '47 Plymouth that my grand-pa gave me (it came with Fluid Drive Tranny). One of my favorite cars was my '57 Plymouth Fury with a 318 engine and it could move pretty well, I bought it with my first reenlistment bonus in '66. I had a '66 Jag Sedan when I came back from Viet Nam the 1st time and it was a sweet ride but expensive as hell to fix so I got rid of it and got a '68 Fairlaine in 1969. My alltime favorite was my '76 Ford Elite (like a Gran Torino Deluxe) with a 351 engine, speed and looks all in one car. Bought it new and my payments we like $139 a month. When I was a kid my dad had a Kaiser and for some reason he used to like Nash Ambassadors.
11/24/2012 11:53 AM
I'll play. My '65 Mustang convertible? Less power; more sex appeal!
11/24/2012 1:04 PM
Welcome shysters3!  Your Mustang would have been infinitely more attractive than the '59 Rambler I drove back then.

Halfway there ... 8 openings left!
11/24/2012 1:26 PM
looks like we've got a few 'zonans in this league!  We just had a huge car show up by my house and I saw a bunch of really nice roadsters driving down the 101
11/24/2012 5:11 PM

Never owned a muscle car but owned one of the first Toyota Celica imports brought into the U.S. ('71)
Great car and it's still on the road.
My brother gave me his .20 gauge and told me not to kill myself.  Sound advice! 
Enjoy the car tales and I'd like to join up.

11/24/2012 7:05 PM
OK Ken. Car Songs.

There's a ton of em.
First to come to mind are Dan Seals' "My Old Yellow Car"  and perhaps the best one
Neil Young's "Long May You Run"

Bob

11/24/2012 8:07 PM
welcome seapilots!  Are you from Seattle?  Ever see the Pilots in '69?
11/25/2012 3:31 AM
from days of yore ... '67 Chevy Impala ...  with me for 17 years & over 200,000 miles ... the 327 averaged about 19/20 mpg
  now I've got a Yaris ... life is slowing down :)
11/25/2012 11:57 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Riding Shotgun in a '64 GTO - (5 yr prog - Full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.