Yarnell Invitational 62 Topic

This will be the 21st season of The Yarnell Invitational (named after Yarnell Ice Cream in Searcy, AR). As always, it'll be a 6 team round-robin tournament that'll occur in weeks 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 of the non-conference schedule. Harding University will be the tournament host. The defending champ from the previous year is an automatic qualifier. The remainder of the field is invitation only based on alblack's dynasty rankings. Link to latest and greatest is at:

http://bit.ly/PUYJrh

IF YOU ARE AT OR CLOSE TO THE TOP OF THE DYNASTY RANKINGS AND INTERESTED IN PLAYING IN THIS TOURNAMENT, KEEP NON-CONF GAME #'s 5 THROUGH 9 OPEN UNTIL NOTICE THIS TOURNAMENT IS FULL.

Formal Invitations will be sent out sometime after job application period is over, but you can reply now if you plan to play in this tournament.

FORMAT: 5 games, Round Robin
Game #5: #5 @ Host, #2 @ #1, #4 @ #3
Game #6: Host @ #4, #1 @ #5, #2 @ #3
Game #7: #3 @ Host, #1 @ #4, #5 @ #2
Game #8: Host @ #2, #3 @ #1, #4 @ #5
Game #9: #1 @ Host, #2 @ #4, #3 @ #5

Defending Champ: Harding [Gulf South]
Host: Harding [GulfSouth]

Formal Invitations extended to the following schools:
Longwood [CVAC]
St Marys TX [Heartland]
Seattle [GNAA]
U of the Sciences [CACC]
Indianapolis [GLV]

Next in line:
Belmont-Abbey [CVAC] - would need Longwood to decline.
Northeastern State [Lonestar] - I think he's playing Derby City
Bowie State [CIAA] - I owe him and he's probably next in line should one of the 5 decline.

Please reply to this thread or my site mail if you accept your invitation so we can begin scheduling.

11/14/2012 5:34 PM
We are honored to accept the invitation again.  Looking forward to it as always!
11/14/2012 5:42 PM
I'm in. 
11/14/2012 5:54 PM
I'm in
11/14/2012 6:17 PM
U of Sciences sent site mail that he's in.

Waiting on Seattle & Indy... Bowie State is first in line to fill in should one of them pass.

11/14/2012 6:18 PM
I accept. Hopefully I can remain a yearly invite in this tourney.
11/14/2012 6:18 PM
Only Indy left and then we will be set.
11/14/2012 6:35 PM
Actually we're waiting on Bowie State. fungobatboy at Indy deferred to him, but is keeping his slots open should baseballer decline.
11/15/2012 9:49 AM
Still waiting on Bowie St?
11/15/2012 8:38 PM
We can start scheduling games. We just don't know who #5 is yet.

FORMAT: 5 games, Round Robin
Game #5: #5 @ Harding, St Marys TX @ Longwood, UofTheSciences @ Seattle
Game #6: Harding @ UofTheSciences, Longwood @ #5, St Marys TX @ Seattle
Game #7: Seattle @ Harding, Longwood @ UofTheSciences, #5 @ St Marys TX
Game #8: Harding @ St Marys TX, Seattle @ Longwood, UofTheSciences @ #5
Game #9: Longwood @ Harding, St Marys TX @ UofTheSciences, Seattle @ #5

11/15/2012 11:34 PM
I have no seasons left right now so I can't send any challenges, but I can accept them. I'm hoping my Whitman team in Naismith makes a good run in the tourney so I can get a 5-season pack for free.
11/16/2012 12:05 AM
We're moving forward with Indianapolis at slot #5. Welcome to the tournament fungobatboy!
11/16/2012 5:49 PM
Preseason Top 25 Rankings of this Yarnell Field

#1 Seattle
#2 Longwood
#6 Indianapolis
#10 St Marys TX
#16 U of Sciences
NR Harding - hey, at least I'm in the others receiving votes

1/9/2013 5:19 PM
Opening the Yarnell tonight against Longwood.  Their starting 5 may be the best I've ever seen at D2.  Unreal on both ends of the floor.  I really do think Longwood would have a winning record as a D1 team and would stand a chance of making the D1 NT.
1/13/2013 6:28 PM
Posted by mduncanhogs on 1/13/2013 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Opening the Yarnell tonight against Longwood.  Their starting 5 may be the best I've ever seen at D2.  Unreal on both ends of the floor.  I really do think Longwood would have a winning record as a D1 team and would stand a chance of making the D1 NT.
this is just to make us complacent right before Coombs puts up 30 and you beat us by 10, right ?

Seriously, though....... thanks........
1/13/2013 11:15 PM
12 Next ▸
Yarnell Invitational 62 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.