ODL - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

) 98average - Dennis Rodman, Tracy McGrady,  no comment yet, but i like the mojo so far
2) ncih (1) - Lebron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Swen Nater,  these 3 are like a turkey dinner (all the trimmings)
3) scudmissle - Wilt Chamberlain, Kevin McHale, Anfernee Hardaway,  68%efg, 60%efg, 54.5%efg, boards and dimes too. not bad
4) mikee1 - Michael Jordan, Kevin Love, Horace Grant, love the symmetry of these 3. horace, quintessential 3rd round pick now.
5) dh555 - Abdul Jabbar, Bill Russell, Terry Porter,  boards, dimes, and 3's... and kareem! good trade up to snag porter!
6) brick_man - Shaquille O'Neal, Paul Pierce, Steve Nash,  not sure of the plan here, but fireworks for sure
7) tricky24 - Moses Malone, Mel Daniels, James Harden, daniels in the 2nd a headscratcher, but shields moses well while harden posts on the arc. nice.
8) theyard2 - Karl Malone, Robert Parish, Mookie Blaylock, big paint scorers and mookie at 52% from the arc.  balanced attack.
9) coachcroft -
Dwayne Wade, Bill Walton, Elton Brand, robo's right, this is a formidable trio. lookin' for an arc welder.
10) banditone - Chris Paul, Clyde Drexler, Wes Unseld, Happy Hairston,  chris, clyde and wes will lead the league in dimes, happy-no-d is underrated
11) bluenote75 - Dwight Howard, Deron Williams, Ryan Anderson, dimes, boards and 3's. good chow, but needs salt.
12) jakotay - Charles Barkley, Chauncey Billups, Carlos Boozer,  this is a contender! love the mojo and %'s
13) robocoach - Oscar Robertson, Scottie Pippen, Bobby Jones, i'm lost a bit here with the bobby jones pick. like the versatality of oscar and pip. but robo knows
14) ljemd - David Robinson, Donyell Marshall, Brent Barry, needs a usage boost, but good start. low t.o.'s, good ft% and decent def. sound team so far
15) ginandjuice - Artis Gilmore, Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire, not a fan of amare, but love gilmore and marion, yet amare fits well here. stout front line.
16) ncih (2) - Magic Johnson, Dikembe Mutombo, Hakeem Olajuwon, glen's got it working early. hakeem slips to the 3rd round. good god. great grab.
17) seapilots - Kevin Durant, Buck Williams, Anthony Mason, durant and buck (2nd round?) are a nice pairing. mason's value drops because of the new d rating.
18) vancem - Ben Wallace, Manu Ginobili, Bob McAdoo,  debated between mchale and mcadoo. bob finds a home on this team. usage fits great for manu. solid.
19) eleibowitz - Larry Bird, Marcus Camby, Alonzo Mourning, another formidable front line. bird's 64 def season is a must here i would think.
20) ncmusician_7 - Jason Kidd, Tyson Chandler, Kobe Bryant, another trade up for another great 3rd grab. kobe's 36% usage fits great. some guys are just lucky
21) natenoy - Jerry Lucas, Larry Nance, Gerald Wallace, i'm a fan of nate's teams, but not this one. don't see it (yet. where's the beef?)
22) tarheel1991 - Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Andrew Bynum, like the feel of allen in the middle of things here. good looking trio,
23) xxevilivexx - John Stockton, Tim Duncan, Serge Ibaka, duncan is underrated. should go higher. paired with stock and ibaka! interesting, interesting. gl!
24) jethroeg - Walt Bellamy, Julius Erving,  bellamy in the 1st! hold the phone. he does have that 1 great season. dr. j as a sidekick. scoring dynamo! go, jethro!
11/17/2012 9:27 PM
What's "the new D rating", did I miss something?
11/17/2012 9:55 PM
Posted by natenoy on 11/17/2012 9:55:00 PM (view original):
What's "the new D rating", did I miss something?
I don't know either '96-'97 Mason is an 80.  Using K.D.at 2,Tony at 3, Buck at 4.
11/17/2012 11:06 PM
New is old, is new again..
11/18/2012 12:14 AM
my bad, thinking of someone else not drafted yet.
11/18/2012 2:04 AM
The Jones pick was to get the 100 def rating guy to help with double teams in the front court. Was pretty sure I would get Miller, Murphy. or another 3 pt burner that sucked defensively. Jones is 98% at SF and he might play there.
11/18/2012 10:10 PM
I don't know. I originally traded with dh555 because I knew that I had to move up to get Boozer. Then the McAdoo bug bit me . . . the 25 usage, 73 defense and almost 600 FTA's were too much to pass up. Plus, I like the fact that he can pretty much play 40 mpg in this league. I added Calderon in the 4th to get a efficient PG that can shoot and pass for a fairly cheap price. Manu is just one of my favorites. There's still some holes to fill that's for sure. 
11/19/2012 12:58 AM
I am not a fan of the NFL, as it functions as the two minute hate in our country  (being America, it is an all day hate, naturally, and on Sunday to make it extra blasphemous), but I have been sick in bed with a sledgehammer case of the flu all weekend and took in some games.

Dont know how many of you saw the Cowboys game, but that was the most blatently dishonest, grotesquely fixed case of officiating I have ever seen in a pro sport game of any sort. We are talking South American Soccer here, US Davis cup team on the road here, Seattle\Pittsburg Super Bowl blizzard of bullshit here...... I mean there is no adequate comparison.... it was Olympic Boxing fixed. 

So my question is, granted that we have differing religous beliefs and most of you arent ready to recognize the  NFL serves a function that is intrisically evil, who would you follow a sport as blatantly, painfully corrupt as the NFL is?

Seriously.

11/19/2012 6:12 AM (edited)
How much effort does MLB put into running a clean sport: drug testing, embracing instant reply, professional Umpire schools, harsh punishments for all non-Yankee cheaters? It is hard to run a pro sport clean, a lot of mony swirls around games, but it is doable. Some sports try, others very obviously dont.

My favorite in the Cowboys game was in OT when the Dallas receiver caught the ball, took two steps under control, had the ball slapped out of his hands, and the announcer seriously intones " he obviously never had control of the ball".  Well **** yea, who am I gonna believe, you or my own lying eyes?
11/19/2012 6:16 AM
u'r awake, robo! you see past the dumbing-down while the rug is being pulled out. i signed (by proxy) the florida petition for secession. f*cK pro sports and dancing with the stars.
11/19/2012 7:07 AM
Texas perforce will go its own way when the financial collapse of the USA occurs. Really hoping to be back in the Pacific Northwest where I grew up and know how to live off the land before that moment.
11/19/2012 8:03 AM
u racist prepper! ; )
11/19/2012 8:27 AM
Skilled Hunter and Woodsman. And there aint no woods in West Texas.
11/19/2012 10:24 AM
Posted by vancem on 11/19/2012 12:58:00 AM (view original):
I don't know. I originally traded with dh555 because I knew that I had to move up to get Boozer. Then the McAdoo bug bit me . . . the 25 usage, 73 defense and almost 600 FTA's were too much to pass up. Plus, I like the fact that he can pretty much play 40 mpg in this league. I added Calderon in the 4th to get a efficient PG that can shoot and pass for a fairly cheap price. Manu is just one of my favorites. There's still some holes to fill that's for sure. 
Calderon is one of my favorites. Will probably lead league in ast/to. 
11/19/2012 12:25 PM
Okay scudmissle how are you affording all the this salary now that you just added a $10 million man in Spencer Haywood? What are guys doing in this league anyway drafting 19K minutes and then just dealing with the fatigue issues? The ODL is a new animal to me. Hope my team doesn't get crushed by all you sharks and tigers out there. 
11/19/2012 10:17 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
ODL - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.