NCIH $52M Draft League XXXVIII - LEAGUE # POSTED Topic

in
11/7/2012 3:22 PM
Posted by vancem on 11/7/2012 10:42:00 AM (view original):
I'm in and have traded all of my picks for all of jethroeg's picks this season.
The winner of last season gets first pick this season?????

I'm out.
11/7/2012 5:13 PM
....and we have our first casualty of that bullsh!t trade
11/7/2012 6:07 PM
If Jethro is out then the trade is technically not valid anyways.
11/7/2012 6:29 PM
Obviously Malone is also out.
11/7/2012 6:31 PM
I haven't heard anything about Jethro being out next season. He needs a break and will be able to get a better roster by trading with me. I'm bored with drafting near the bottom most seasons. Plus, trading for the #1 pick is actually asking for the worst overall draft positioning overall. The last 2 picks of this draft are normally terrible players. I don't understand the hate on this one for the most part. But, I do get it that my team finished first last season and that I will get the best player in the draft this season.

Sorry that the trade made you feel like quitting gunner. dh. . . give me a break. With your skills and excellent draft position this season you know that you should be able to build a better team than me. BTW the trade was made on 10/23 way before my team won the league championship.
11/8/2012 1:36 AM
IN
11/9/2012 12:30 AM
Im in sorry dh555.....lol
11/9/2012 9:31 AM
Posted by vancem on 11/8/2012 1:36:00 AM (view original):
I haven't heard anything about Jethro being out next season. He needs a break and will be able to get a better roster by trading with me. I'm bored with drafting near the bottom most seasons. Plus, trading for the #1 pick is actually asking for the worst overall draft positioning overall. The last 2 picks of this draft are normally terrible players. I don't understand the hate on this one for the most part. But, I do get it that my team finished first last season and that I will get the best player in the draft this season.

Sorry that the trade made you feel like quitting gunner. dh. . . give me a break. With your skills and excellent draft position this season you know that you should be able to build a better team than me. BTW the trade was made on 10/23 way before my team won the league championship.
i enjoy being in leagues with you vancem so dont take it personally....but you gotta be kidding me

" He needs a break and will be able to get a better roster by trading with me."

stop...wilt(or lebron/jordan/rodman/etc.) will always give you a better chance of winning than the other two guys you get from drafting in a lower draft slot...#1 pick is the best pick and everyone knows that...dont play dumb

"Plus, trading for the #1 pick is actually asking for the worst overall draft positioning overall."

if by worst you mean the absolute best..then yes

"The last 2 picks of this draft are normally terrible players"

the last round is a total crapshoot....a guy drafted with the first pick in the 6th round last draft may go with the 24th pick of the 6th round next draft...and the player pool is so deep that if you draft a "terrible" player than its no ones fault but your own

"I don't understand the hate on this one for the most part"

pretty simple....its an unfair trade...hell its not even a trade...you just took advantage of an owner who really doesnt care about winning...if jethro didnt want to pick first(which i get) then he should have just told ncih to put him at the bottom of the draft(and if ncih wouldnt allow it he could simply say hes not returning and then re-join the league - thus putting him at the bottom with all the other new owners(which would be a better pick than the one your giving him anyway))

no one wants to see one of the best owners- and the returning champ - be given the first overall pick(again the BEST possible pick) for absolutely nothing

thats why gunner quit and i wont be surprised if more do

"dh. . . give me a break. With your skills and excellent draft position this season you know that you should be able to build a better team than me"

what? your humility is charming and all...but please stop with the bullsh!t...ill prob be drafting like 14-20...which isnt excellent at all...so thats false...and come on now...you win just as much(if not more) than me in this league....im gonna take on the challenge no matter what but it bugs me that you fleeced jethro and want to act like there was nothing wrong with it

11/9/2012 3:25 PM
and hey commish...you know what would have avoided all this? letting us pick our slot selections like we do in the odl....why the hell is it not allowed in this league anyway? and dont say "thats the way we have always done it"...thats just lazy....if its too much for you(and i would understand, running two draft leagues is no easy task) i wouldnt mind taking over for you
11/9/2012 3:31 PM
If this is a big problem to the majority Nich you can simply kill the trade and put me back to my original...Then the wind can stop blowing.....lol
11/9/2012 4:13 PM
Okay dh555 I appreciate the heart felt feedback. If others are also upset just say so and I will reconsider. But I would still like to trade up because there are a lot of top 8 types of players that I never get to use in this league. I'm not into fleecing other owners BTW. 
11/10/2012 1:19 AM
The reason this league does not have slot selection is that I do not want the two draft leagues to be carbon copies of each other with the only difference being the cap.
11/10/2012 1:22 AM
That is the same reason the ODL does not have a salary cap on undrafted players.
11/10/2012 1:23 AM
I'm undecided.
I'm tired of certain things with WIS and want to cut down on my teams. To vent real quick, I don't want to continue to financially support a website that only seems to support its products that I don't like. The basketball section of SIM is way over due for some work. Why don't draft leagues have its own program anyway? Pretty sure the baseball sim has one. I'm buying a team with some credits from making the playoffs today for ODL, but other than the PCL (if it ever gets started up again), I don't plan at this moment on buying more teams in the future.
Depending on how long this takes to fill, I may change my mind. But right now, consider me out. Unless, of course, someone with a top 10 pick wants me to rob them by switching picks. Not that vancem's trade is why I'm dropping out (I really am just getting sick of this site)... but I do think jethroeg is getting beat. 
11/10/2012 11:52 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...23 Next ▸
NCIH $52M Draft League XXXVIII - LEAGUE # POSTED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.