If You Are Still An Undecided Voter . . . Topic

twisting people's words is fun

I guess
11/4/2012 7:39 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/4/2012 6:51:00 PM (view original):
Dear America,

On Tuesday, most of your votes won't matter.  So why bother?

Sincerely,

Bad_luck, Patriot and Concerned Citizen
Well, ok, if you need to twist it that way. Any Romney vote in California or New York won't matter. And any Obama vote in Texas or Arkansas. Won't matter.
11/4/2012 7:44 PM
538 is a part of a company who writes a daily fiction newspaper like the Onion, but they are not funny.
11/4/2012 8:03 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/4/2012 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Dear America,

Sincerely,

Well, ok, if you need to twist it that way. Any Romney vote in California or New York won't matter. And any Obama vote in Texas or Arkansas. Won't matter.
My Romney vote in Michigan may not matter.

My vote for Proposal 1 and 5 and against 2,3,4 and 6 matter.

Why would people even think that President is all that matters.
11/5/2012 12:53 AM
Posted by raucous on 11/4/2012 8:03:00 PM (view original):
538 is a part of a company who writes a daily fiction newspaper like the Onion, but they are not funny.
538 is not part of the NYT, any more than the comics are.
11/5/2012 8:15 AM
What I find funny is that many of the same people who voted for Obama in 08 now want to vote for Romney for the same reasons - they want change, **** it.

Romney isn't going to fix anything any more than Obama did or will, including especially the economy.

Romney offers a five point plan with zero in terms of explaining how it will actually work. I hope others are as bothered by that as I am.

11/5/2012 9:22 AM
If neither can do anything, why bother voting?  Hell, why bother having elections?
11/5/2012 9:44 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 11/5/2012 12:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/4/2012 7:44:00 PM (view original):
Dear America,

Sincerely,

My Romney vote in Michigan may not matter.

My vote for Proposal 1 and 5 and against 2,3,4 and 6 matter.

Why would people even think that President is all that matters.
I'm not saying that. This discussion was started regarding the Presidential election specifically.
11/5/2012 11:33 AM
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Sometimes the polls don't always get it right.  Every vote matters.

11/5/2012 12:01 PM (edited)
Posted by tecwrg on 11/5/2012 12:01:00 PM (view original):
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Sometimes the polls don't always get it right.  Every vote matters.

Sure every vote technically counts and theoretically could matter. Just like I could win every Mega Millions lottery jackpot next year. But I'm not buying lotto tickets and if I lived in Texas I probably wouldn't vote.
11/5/2012 1:00 PM
Posted by bistiza on 11/5/2012 9:22:00 AM (view original):
What I find funny is that many of the same people who voted for Obama in 08 now want to vote for Romney for the same reasons - they want change, **** it.

Romney isn't going to fix anything any more than Obama did or will, including especially the economy.

Romney offers a five point plan with zero in terms of explaining how it will actually work. I hope others are as bothered by that as I am.

Romney has a plan with few specifics.

Obama HAS BEEN IN OFFICE FOR FOUR YEARS and still hasn't done a damn thing (positive).

Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.  Re-electing Obama qualifies.
11/5/2012 2:19 PM
This is pretty good:

Romney might boost growth better than Obama

Yet insofar as I have to guess, I think short-term growth will be faster under Romney than Obama for three reasons. First, in the post-1980 era you get bigger budget deficits with Republicans in the White House than with Democrats, and that's a good thing in the short-term. Second, the Federal Reserve seems to be biased and delivers looser monetary policy with Republicans in the White House. Third, Republicans are much more likely to promote short-term economic growth at the expense of environmental concerns.
11/5/2012 2:23 PM (edited)
Insanity is also doing something different for the sake of doing something different.

Keep in mind about a month or so ago I was completely undecided on the presidential election. I gave both a chance and a clear "lesser of two evils" soon emerged.

Personally, I'd rather have four more years of the same policies than elect someone I have no idea what he stands for or how he'll handle any issues that may arise.

I may disagree with him on some moral and ethical issues, but when it comes to economics, taxes, and education - issues which matter very much to me - the choice to vote Obama was clear as day. On those key issues, Romney has no ****ing clue what he's doing. Romney also lies and flip flops far too much to be trusted.

11/5/2012 2:24 PM
LOL, so you're taking the known incompetent vs. the possible incompetent.

Wow.
11/5/2012 2:28 PM
Posted by bistiza on 11/5/2012 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Insanity is also doing something different for the sake of doing something different.

Keep in mind about a month or so ago I was completely undecided on the presidential election. I gave both a chance and a clear "lesser of two evils" soon emerged.

Personally, I'd rather have four more years of the same policies than elect someone I have no idea what he stands for or how he'll handle any issues that may arise.

I may disagree with him on some moral and ethical issues, but when it comes to economics, taxes, and education - issues which matter very much to me - the choice to vote Obama was clear as day. On those key issues, Romney has no ****ing clue what he's doing. Romney also lies and flip flops far too much to be trusted.

ha... but a politician from Illinois is to be trusted. that's awesome.

I live in Illinois and there is no more openly corrupt state than this one. how many governors in jail now? Tony Rezko ring a bell? The treasurer from Broadway Bank (Alexei something)? Daley? we can't even pay our social workers with how broke we are.

if anything.... there are far less skeletons in Romney's closet that we know about than any recent candidate I can think of. Edwards, Obama, Palin, Clinton, Bush....
11/5/2012 2:34 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
If You Are Still An Undecided Voter . . . Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.