Who would you take today? Topic

Luck is by far the best QB on that list ,not even close
5/10/2014 1:56 AM
Going with Luck,

Heres why, Newton, Russell and RGIII are all great QBs BUT I have a tough time handing $100mil contracts to QBs that count on their legs so much. I get that they stretch plays and make things happen. They also take extra hits and more punishment. Look at Vick and RGIII, you cant afford a good backup and so when these guys go down 4-5 games a year you are dead in the water. Russell and Kap's pay days are coming and when they do it will stap their teams. Give me a pocket passer like Luck everytime if your looking for long term
5/11/2014 11:39 PM
If only Jake Locker could stay healthy.....
1/16/2015 6:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

RIP ANTONCRESTEN

1/16/2015 6:16 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 10/23/2012 2:55:00 PM (view original):
I'm taking RGIII.  I have a hard time believing any argument for anyone else except Luck...maybe Dalton.
I might be a poor GM.
1/17/2015 9:28 AM
That said, I wouldn't write off his career like a lot of people are doing.
1/17/2015 9:30 AM
I wouldn't either. He's entering his age 25 season. The talent is still there, but I believe his confidence is shot. You can probably find articles all over the internet criticizing how he handled some adversity. Jay Gruden isn't helping either.

Ironically if they decide to dump RGIII, one of the better fits would be the Rams. They have some talent across the board, but have been stunted by the hole at QB with the Bradford injuries/ineffectiveness. 
1/17/2015 3:45 PM
Yeah, the Rams could use another brittle QB. 
1/17/2015 4:10 PM
Winner can be classified. Ask Peyton Manning. Ask Tony Romo. Ask Dan Marino.

Then ask Joe Montana. Wilson is similar to Montana in stature (a bit smaller even). And possesses many of his qualities. Calm. Accurate. Smart. Makes few mistakes. Joe Montana in your classification... Was a game manager. He never threw downfield more than once or twice a game. But he found ways to win. Wilson finds ways to win. I wouldnt mind him at ALL as my franchise's quarterback. Would he have won a Super Bowl with the Browns? No. Would he have made a HUGE difference in their win/loss numbers? Hells yeah.
1/17/2015 6:08 PM
Tebow was a winner.   Can't find a job.
1/17/2015 7:58 PM
Between this thread and the Cardale Jones thread, I can't figure for the life of me what criteria people judge QBs on.  To my mind, an NFL QB has to do three things:

1/ Throw a great ball, accurately and with power.

2/ Work hard, learn offenses and defenses, show an advanced understanding and command of the playbook.

3/ Be an adult.  Understand that fans want you to act like a leader, a professional, or at least not a jackoff.

ALL the guys who fail or even disappoint - everyone mentioned here except Luck and Wilson - fail in at least one of those areas.

1/17/2015 8:19 PM (edited)
RUSSELL WILSON!!!
1/18/2015 6:59 PM
Posted by eschwartz67 on 1/17/2015 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Winner can be classified. Ask Peyton Manning. Ask Tony Romo. Ask Dan Marino.

Then ask Joe Montana. Wilson is similar to Montana in stature (a bit smaller even). And possesses many of his qualities. Calm. Accurate. Smart. Makes few mistakes. Joe Montana in your classification... Was a game manager. He never threw downfield more than once or twice a game. But he found ways to win. Wilson finds ways to win. I wouldnt mind him at ALL as my franchise's quarterback. Would he have won a Super Bowl with the Browns? No. Would he have made a HUGE difference in their win/loss numbers? Hells yeah.
Hello?
2/2/2015 2:19 PM
Hated that statement at the time, and would have responded by you made my point with Tebow.

Tom Brady was a "winner." And then he wasn't, he started losing big games.  And now he's a winner again.
2/2/2015 2:58 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Who would you take today? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.