GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Posted by polabonez on 11/15/2012 12:01:00 AM (view original):
So all of Team Michael came to vote....

3 of them thought caesari should be the first to go....

But 4 of them thought ffbplayergod should extinguish his torch.

ffbplayergod must leave Survivor Islands... Hopefully with a little bit more cooth.

So, I ran this game for a long time, and I know how it works maybe more than anyone other than Tyson.

Many people assume this means that I have the best chance to do well.

Yet, we are again proven that is not true, because to do well at this game consistently, you can't play like I do, which is make a few good loyal alliances and be fiercely loyal to those. That is also how stevedotdec plays, though we have never worked together.

You have to get extremely lucky to win that way. I have had alliances with several people in this game, some pretty strong, but to do well you have to be more like Arfy and make an alliance with everyone.

So, I will not be winning this. In fact, I believe I said I wasn't going to play in my original post and somehow ended up in the game. The reason I didn't want to play, is that honestly, I am tired of every time I play, Arfy putting a big target on my back to get me out early.

Not mad at him for that, by the by. I consider Loren a friend. He is just an evil Russell style Survivor player, which is not my style.

So, the only reason I decided to play this season is because I talked to Arfy before the game even started and agreed to work together with him. Because frankly, I don't have the energy to keep up with his constant lies otherwise. 

Of course, it is only a matter of time before a snake is a snake. Arfy doesn't make one alliance. He makes 30, and I am sure he still has 30. In my first tribe, I made an alliance with nyaggie because Arfy recommended it and asked me to help keep nyaggie safe, and then we aligned with others. Honestly, the others in that alliance seemed far more loyal and trustworthy, but nyaggie didn't sell me out or anything.

Then I ended up in a tribe with Arfy and some others. So, it looked good. Except that the main rule of Arfy remains the same. Makes sure that Dubs can't win. He stabbed me in the back on the very first vote of Michael. Literally, the very first chance he got. THE VERY FIRST.

I regret that ffbplayergod felt the weight of that, because Arfy is the one that chose for us to vote for Caesari. Now, he himself didn't. But that was the only person that chose to vote that way. He made a big speech about caesari trying to get him out in the last tribe first and everything.

I can't win this game now. Arfy beat me. Bravo to him for that, I suppose. But again, if his plan was to do that, next time, just tell me before I waste a couple of weeks working on something. Because there were two people I contacted before the game to work with because I legitimately wanted to work with them if I was going to play. 

I really think you should have voted me out on the first vote, though. Because unlike golfpro, I wouldn't have broken the fabric of the game I helped create and sell you out in the forums. For the record, golfpro should never be allowed to play again. In any game like this. Talking after you are off the island just ruins the game, and should not be tolerated.

Yet, until the next vote, I am still here. So, here is my warning to others. I know I can't win. I won't quit, of course, but I can't win. I can do the math. 

I do know this. I have had a deal with Arfy since day one. Yet, his bond with Caesari is stronger than that. If you believe that either of them is really working with you, I suspect you are wrong. Clearly, they are working with each other. It then becomes up to the players that outlast me if you let them coast past you and lie to you.

I obviously gave you fair warning, but then, I had prior knowledge of what a deceitful player Arfy is as well, and I still tried to play with him.

Loren is sneaky like that. He's a great player. He probably deserves to win. Up to you if you let Pete err... Abbi err.. Arfy win.
11/15/2012 1:16 PM
On a side note, I do ascribe to the Survivor school of thought that if you can't win, at least make a memorable speech to get people talking.
11/15/2012 1:21 PM
Well, I have been laying low the last couple of days. I wanted to play the game of Survivor and throw in a few twists that haven't occurred before. I saw the writing on the wall with my new tribe and made a last ditch attempt to save myself and really mix it up in our tribe, but alas, nobody had the balls to try. Anyways, I do realize I did go overboard with all the sitemails of secrets/alliances that I posted at the time- it would have been good to post that stuff AFTER the game was over- poor timing on my part..  I was just a bit hot under the collar and used some poor judgement.  I am sorry if I outed some of you and apologize for that. I am sorry to polabonez who created and has worked hard as our gracious host to give us a fun & entertaining game. I was just trying to play this game and I screwed over the game.
I am sorry.

As dubs said, I should not be allowed to play the game again- I agree! I will continue to be a fan of the real show and follow this game here at WIS as an observer only. Good luck to everyone!

11/15/2012 1:36 PM
Well I love the forum oustings.... But yes they should only be made by players who are on the island.... I do understand the further you get into the game the more harsh it is on your exit but realize that sometimes the person who is voted off IS voted off to protect information from surfacing...

The survivor that I won I made some shady deals to say the least, and I made sure to have those shady deals "covered" by ousting the people before the jury... It was all part of a plan, well except for da goat who got into the jury because of a Dq.

Tom's goodbye post is completely acceptable since it does not give out any specifics, IMO btw.

11/15/2012 2:52 PM
"He is just an evil Russell style Survivor player" and just like Russell he might make it to the final 2 but won't be able to win. 
11/15/2012 3:07 PM
"I consider Loren a friend"

I didn't know Arfy was a woman!
11/15/2012 3:29 PM
Posted by sjurat on 11/15/2012 3:29:00 PM (view original):
"I consider Loren a friend"

I didn't know Arfy was a woman!
His parents really wanted a girl but got stuck with him instead.  To mess with him they gave him a girls name.
11/15/2012 3:37 PM
CHALLENGE 11 - The Premier

So in an effort to get some fresh new challenges in here, Friday's challenge will be taking place on a Saturday morning......  The voting period will change on this vote and will go until SUNDAY Morning at 9:00AM with Idol play from 9:00AM until 12:00 (Central, NFL Kickoff).  There will be an action required for everyone tomorrow through Sunday.

It does start at 7:00AM Saturday though so I am going to be requiring your tribes to submit your picks by 6PM Friday.

Saturday, we will be again betting... . On Football.

I'm going to give each of your tribes $1500 Pola Bucks to gamble with... Whatever team can make the most money on their football bets wins...

Only this time it's not American Football.

There are 8 Games going on in Barclays Premier League Saturday morning (that's soccer, btw).  Here are your games and their odds:

LINE 1:  Arsenal (1:1)  VS Tottenham (3:1)  DRAW (3:1)
LINE 2:  Liverpool (1:2) VS Wigan (7:1)   DRAW  (3.5:1)
LINE 3:  Man City (1:4)  VS  Aston Villa (15:1)  DRAW (6.5:1)
LINE 4:  Newcastle (1:1) VS Swansea (3:1)   DRAW (3:1)
LINE 5:  QPR (1:1)  VS Southampton (3:1) DRAW (3:1)
LINE 6:  Reading (3:1) VS Everton (1:1)  DRAW (3:1)
LINE 7:  West Brom (3:1) VS Chelsea (1:1)  DRAW (3:1)

LINE 8:  Norwich (7:1)  VS Man Utd (1:2)  DRAW (4:1)

So the way the Odds worked... IF you were to bet MAN CITY (Line 3) You would have to bet $100 to WIN $25 (they are 1:4 favorites) ... however betting the $100 on the Draw would win you $650 and if you took Austin Villa and they won , you would win $1500.  If you pick a team to win, and they draw... you lose your bet of course.

Here are the rules:

Bets are in $50 Increments
You can only bet once per line.
You must bet all of your $1500
You can make as much or as few bets as you like, but you MUST Bet Line 8 and it MUST Be your most money bet on any of your bets (Line 8 will be on ESPN 2 Saturday morning  for those of you who might want to watch it)

TB1:  If at some point of this game I had you all stand in a  circle, and you all were evenly spaced apart...  And the 7th survivor I put into position was directly acrossed from the 19th survivor, how many Survivors were there in this circle?
TB2:  Total score of Norwich VS Man United
TB3:  Order Received

AS AN ADVANTAGE FOR WINNING THE LAST CHALLENGE, TEAM AARON WILL GET AN EXTRA $100 TO BET WITH ($1600 TOTAL)

11/15/2012 5:25 PM (edited)
Do we get an advantage for winning the last challenge you unamerican bastard for making us bet and watch soccer.
11/15/2012 5:16 PM
Posted by nyaggie98 on 11/15/2012 5:16:00 PM (view original):
Do we get an advantage for winning the last challenge you unamerican bastard for making us bet and watch soccer.
I already gave you an extra $100, what more do you want?
11/15/2012 5:25 PM
We may have to bet on it and check results, but watch it? No way!
11/15/2012 5:32 PM
Hey everyone ; an FYI -- Coach Deen just made an unscheduled hospital trip:

Hey guy's, just got out of the hospital. Had my 3rd heart attack, replaced 2 stints. Didn't seem like as big of a deal as the first time but scared the crap out of me!

-- Best wishes for a speedy & healthy recovery!! (...the Island EMT's are allowing him to continue!!)

11/15/2012 5:46 PM
Posted by polabonez on 11/15/2012 5:25:00 PM (view original):
I already gave you an extra $100, what more do you want?
Sorry did see the bold part...stop reading when you said it was a soccer challenge. This is almost as bad as bfkfraser's WNBA challenge.
11/15/2012 7:28 PM
Do we have to bet all 1600, or can we go by the original rule of betting all 1500?
11/15/2012 8:07 PM
Posted by golfpro71 on 11/15/2012 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Well, I have been laying low the last couple of days. I wanted to play the game of Survivor and throw in a few twists that haven't occurred before. I saw the writing on the wall with my new tribe and made a last ditch attempt to save myself and really mix it up in our tribe, but alas, nobody had the balls to try. Anyways, I do realize I did go overboard with all the sitemails of secrets/alliances that I posted at the time- it would have been good to post that stuff AFTER the game was over- poor timing on my part..  I was just a bit hot under the collar and used some poor judgement.  I am sorry if I outed some of you and apologize for that. I am sorry to polabonez who created and has worked hard as our gracious host to give us a fun & entertaining game. I was just trying to play this game and I screwed over the game.
I am sorry.

As dubs said, I should not be allowed to play the game again- I agree! I will continue to be a fan of the real show and follow this game here at WIS as an observer only. Good luck to everyone!

I hate bringing myself back into the thread, but golfpro still doesn't seem to get it.  He won't respond to my site mail so maybe I can clear it up for him here.

"I saw the writing on the wall with my new tribe and made a last ditch attempt...blah, blah, blah"

Just so you know, you didn't see the writing, you did the writing.  Once you scumbagged your alliance in the very first vote, of your very first tribe, you sealed your own fate.  How are you not getting this?

As much fun as I have playing this game, I think I'm done playing as well.  It seems there are too many people who are less concerned about winning as they are trying to "...play the game of Survivor and throw in a few twists that haven't occurred before."  The first season I played, it was a fairly close experience to what I expect the real game is like.  A lot of scheming, a lot of strategizing...you know, without the whole starving/catching bronchitis thing you get in the jungle.  Now it seems to be how fast can I tell a lie and get one person out, with no regard for the rest of the game.  As long as you make your mark on one vote the rest doesn't matter.

To me, the thing that makes a game fun is trying to win, when winning is everyone's goal.  Sadly, GD Survivor seems to be changing from a game about winning to a game about who can pull off the biggest short term "shocker".  Love the challenges, love the concept and I really appreciate all the work and dedication that was put into making the game as cool as it was, so thanks to dubs, pola (that flash idol challenge was AMAZING), and everyone else that's had a hand in helping run this game, but I think my future in GD Survivor will be as a spectator.

On a side note, I'd love to do like a GD Hold Em league with some of you poker fans.  We could get 10 people to put up some sort of WiS credit and play for a couple weeks on the site Pola has used for the challenges.  We could track standings and stuff...details would have to be hashed out.  If any of you guys are interested, send me a site mail and maybe we can all work out some sort of format.

Pola, sorry for hijacking the thread. 

11/15/2012 10:27 PM
◂ Prev 1...44|45|46|47|48...102 Next ▸
GD Survivor XI - horvie78 crowned champ. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.