A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Word is that A-Roid has been very gracious in his rehab assignment in A-ball Charleston.

Reportedly gave his CC a clubhouse guy and said "Set up the post-game spread for the next two days."

Have to wonder if he's just putting on a show or maybe recognizing his time is coming to an end and hoping to atone for past sins.
7/3/2013 4:04 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2013 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Word is that A-Roid has been very gracious in his rehab assignment in A-ball Charleston.

Reportedly gave his CC a clubhouse guy and said "Set up the post-game spread for the next two days."

Have to wonder if he's just putting on a show or maybe recognizing his time is coming to an end and hoping to atone for past sins.
I think that it's pretty common for established major leaguers to put out a spread for the minor league guys. I wouldn't read into this one way or another.
7/3/2013 4:58 PM
With A-Roid's reported cheapness and standoffishness, I think it's something to be noted.   I didn't expect him to do anything but show up, take BP, play the game and leave as soon as his 3 innings were up. 
7/3/2013 5:01 PM
Skips a minor league rehab game supposedly because the meeting with MLB "overwhelmed" him.     They must have him/Braun/etc by the short and curlies.
7/15/2013 10:40 AM
"Breaking:" A-Rod's an *******.  Gets a 2nd opinion on his Grade 1 quad strain, doctor tells him he's likely fine, has doctor go on every local radio sports show to tell everyone Yankees are keeping A-Rod down when he's healthy.  A-Rod was supposed to play this weekend.
7/24/2013 3:39 PM
Yanks, and A-Rod, know that MLB has him over Biogenisis.     Yanks want no part of him in the clubhouse right now even if they're dragging people from the stands to play 3B. 

Lose a tough game.  Sit down at locker.  Answer questions about A-Rod and his possible(impending) suspension. 

Who the **** wants that?
7/24/2013 4:04 PM
The Yanks want Arod suspended as long as possible because they get to keep his salary while he's suspended. I'm sure if they could throw him under the bus in order to get him banned for life, they would.
7/24/2013 4:20 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/24/2013 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Yanks, and A-Rod, know that MLB has him over Biogenisis.     Yanks want no part of him in the clubhouse right now even if they're dragging people from the stands to play 3B. 

Lose a tough game.  Sit down at locker.  Answer questions about A-Rod and his possible(impending) suspension. 

Who the **** wants that?
He's supposed to come back this weekend.  A-Rod's making a huge deal over a couple days.

Yankees saying A-Rod approached them about his quad injury.  So they sat him for a week.  A few days later, A-Rod gets this doctor to say he can play now.
7/24/2013 5:03 PM
Unless the Yankees know that a suspension is coming in a few days.  But even then, A-Rod can appeal it and play the rest of the year.
7/24/2013 5:04 PM
I almost wonder if this is "Jeter asked to come back early, and they let him.  I asked to come back early and they said "**** you." Well, **** them, I'm making them look bad."
7/24/2013 5:06 PM
There's always something just under the surface with A-Rod.

He's the guy that knows a guy who knows a guy.
7/24/2013 8:01 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/24/2013 4:21:00 PM (view original):
The Yanks want Arod suspended as long as possible because they get to keep his salary while he's suspended. I'm sure if they could throw him under the bus in order to get him banned for life, they would.
Pretty funny that this statement likely has a lot of truth in it. I can't think of anything similar in mlb, unless I'm overlooking something obvious.

What's mlb waiting on anyways? Suspend these ******* already. We want to jeer at these losers!
7/24/2013 8:41 PM
I'm not sure they get to keep his salary.  I might be wrong, but I think it has to go to charity. 
7/25/2013 12:46 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...48 Next ▸
A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.