A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Posted by rsp777 on 8/30/2013 6:24:00 PM (view original):
And that makes me hate him even more...
He is a terrible human, I think that has been established.  I would say that David Ortiz, Jason Giambi, Melky Cabrera....the list goes on and on and on.  I simply don't see what makes A-rod the poster boy, but a guy like Ortiz gets a pass?
8/30/2013 6:25 PM
I mean, as a bit of a "baseball purist"...I just ******* HATE that guy. He, and Bonds, represent EVERYTHING BAD about baseball in the late 90's/early 2000's. They were PRICKS who SCOFFED at the HISTORY of the game and had/have ZERO respect for those who made them able to make kazillions of dollars. I ******* HATE these guys, WAY beyond anything I can express. I mean, they're just BAD. Plain and simple BAD.

8/30/2013 6:26 PM
I see a bit of respect for history and respect for the game out of guys like Ortiz and Giambi. Yes, they cheated when it was the "thing to do", but they have been nothing but apologetic since. They haven't "scoffed" in the face of the game like Bonds and A-Fraud. They said, "Hey, I did it, and I'm SORRY, and I WON'T do it again". You will NEVER hear those words from Rodriguez or Bonds.......NEVER.
8/30/2013 6:29 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 8/30/2013 6:29:00 PM (view original):
I see a bit of respect for history and respect for the game out of guys like Ortiz and Giambi. Yes, they cheated when it was the "thing to do", but they have been nothing but apologetic since. They haven't "scoffed" in the face of the game like Bonds and A-Fraud. They said, "Hey, I did it, and I'm SORRY, and I WON'T do it again". You will NEVER hear those words from Rodriguez or Bonds.......NEVER.
But with them, it's almost worse.  Ortiz just says "Gee whiz, I dunno what I could have tested positive for."  He acts like he has no clue how it could have happened.

Giambi "apologized" but never uttered one word about what he specifically did.  WHY?  Because it could have cost him $$$$. 

To me, they are the kid that lies and lies and lies, but apologizes ONLY when you catch him with his hand in the cookie jar.

8/30/2013 6:36 PM
And A-Rod and Bonds have their DICKS in the cookie jar.
8/30/2013 7:04 PM
And they're telling you they don't and to "**** off" if you think that they do. THAT is the difference.
8/30/2013 7:04 PM
Well, one reason he may want to stick around is because baseball has always been his life.  It's what he does and what he's always done.   That's not the sort of thing you can easily say "Bah, fuckit.  I'm done with this!"
8/30/2013 7:24 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 8/30/2013 6:26:00 PM (view original):
I mean, as a bit of a "baseball purist"...I just ******* HATE that guy. He, and Bonds, represent EVERYTHING BAD about baseball in the late 90's/early 2000's. They were PRICKS who SCOFFED at the HISTORY of the game and had/have ZERO respect for those who made them able to make kazillions of dollars. I ******* HATE these guys, WAY beyond anything I can express. I mean, they're just BAD. Plain and simple BAD.

100% great post. 

although it's of the type that could be better, if it were shouted, or even spoken during a good-morning-america tv interview.

the difference between 'could-be-better' & 100% 'great' is that this guys love for baseball, means he actually labored on a keyboard, to create this great post.

adding also my own understated dis-taste for Bobby's son, Barry... like Griffey, a young junior rode along with dad, on a harley, on the way to the stadium, for most of his young life. ditto barry. dad loved barry so much, that he had custom saddlebags made, to accomodate his young son. growing-up in major league clubhouses, imagine the wonderful opportunity that none of us ever had. u are right. how could barry ever think to do such things, to disgrace the game and it's beloved players for 2 generations. barrys biggest hurdle ahead, is meeting his maker, and he must give account. nobody gets away with it.

one last note on homers, and hank aaron. approaching ruths career total, he was interviewed by a society that did not like him anywhere near ruth. aaron always attributed his wrists for his homerun power. but, aaron was a self-effacing type of guy, and low key. aaron, when asked about any other aspect of his power, would instead deflect attention from himself, and merely point at an even greater homerun hitter on earth. he thought interviewers should be asking sadaharu oh, of the japan leagues. he handled those sessions about as professionally as could be expected.

i dont care if anyone ever asks arod or barry another question, ever again, in this life

again, 100% great post, rsp777.
8/30/2013 7:38 PM (edited)
My honest take on the whole PED thing is that IF they are "only" doing HGH, and not doing hard-core roids (like Canseco & McGwire did in the 80's) I don't care all that much.  To me, if they take something to help them recover quicker, I see it as less than a true roid monster like we used to see.  Not excusing anyone of them, but I really do see a difference.

Nobody really knows what the hell the "new stuff" does to people over time.  Braun is athletic, but he is like what?  205 pounds?  The guys that ****** me off were the guys who took stuff that 1000000000% WILL make you huger/stronger/ridiculous.  Same with Rodriguez.  Big, 225 pounds...but not 255 Popey Arm Magoo.  Seems to me it just makes them recover faster. 

8/30/2013 10:30 PM (edited)
That's what 'roids do.  You can't take a shot of 'roids in the ***, sit around eating ice cream and then bench a Yugo.   You HAVE to work out.    In truth, HGH is probably "worse" than 'roids because you get the same benefit without the 23 lb liver when you're 60.
8/30/2013 11:01 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/30/2013 11:01:00 PM (view original):
That's what 'roids do.  You can't take a shot of 'roids in the ***, sit around eating ice cream and then bench a Yugo.   You HAVE to work out.    In truth, HGH is probably "worse" than 'roids because you get the same benefit without the 23 lb liver when you're 60.
Well, the sheer size difference is notable, no?  How many current players look like Sosa, Bonds, McGwire....they were all like 245+ pounds.  That extra weight made their bat speed soar. That has been the argument for years that the size is what produced the extra power.
8/30/2013 11:05 PM
RIP Lyle Alzado

(am getting better at this brevity thing)

(and apologies to Lyle for the one-sentence 'obit')
8/30/2013 11:35 PM
We had moments like THIS because of roids.  Good times.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stUolWxG3wo
8/30/2013 11:40 PM
Posted by lad_buck on 8/30/2013 11:35:00 PM (view original):
RIP Lyle Alzado

(am getting better at this brevity thing)

(and apologies to Lyle for the one-sentence 'obit')
witty, that yugo reference.

if there's value in the price per pound of an automobile, then some madison avenue artist will be the first to bolster and market that notion.

for less than $1 per pound, u could buy a brand new 1-ton ford pinto, for the $1,999.00 sticker price.

lyle had access & worked-out tons of cars. he liked being photographed, and was a natural.

(a more fitting obit. now i feel better)
8/31/2013 12:16 AM
Posted by winner77 on 8/30/2013 11:05:00 PM (view original):
Well, the sheer size difference is notable, no?  How many current players look like Sosa, Bonds, McGwire....they were all like 245+ pounds.  That extra weight made their bat speed soar. That has been the argument for years that the size is what produced the extra power.
Size and strength aren't the same thing. 
8/31/2013 7:15 AM
◂ Prev 1...30|31|32|33|34...48 Next ▸
A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.