A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Either way, it won't count against the luxury tax.   That's why they're intent of cutting payroll.
7/25/2013 8:25 AM
Posted by trsnoke on 7/25/2013 12:46:00 AM (view original):
I'm not sure they get to keep his salary.  I might be wrong, but I think it has to go to charity. 
I'm pretty sure I read the other day that the Brewers get to keep Braun's salary. I assumed the same would apply to the Yankees.
7/25/2013 12:32 PM
So ARod's doctor that cleared him to play never examined him.   And he's had some PED problems.

As I said, ARod is that guy that knows a guy who knows a guy who can get that stuff you want. 
7/25/2013 1:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/25/2013 1:49:00 PM (view original):
So ARod's doctor that cleared him to play never examined him.   And he's had some PED problems.

As I said, ARod is that guy that knows a guy who knows a guy who can get that stuff you want. 
"He's had PED problems."

He said it had to do with legal steroids.  People who had low testosterone, etc.  Old people.  FWIW.
7/25/2013 2:27 PM
He was also required to take an "ethics" class.   Seems to me he might have been free-wheeling with his dispension of said legal steroids.
7/25/2013 2:30 PM
I think he was suspended because of something to do with allowing someone who was not licensed to work for him.  That's not ethical.  I get making the link you're making, but I don't see much bite to it.
7/25/2013 2:33 PM
Just an example of the guy that knows that guy who knows another guy.   Sketchy people tend to group.
7/25/2013 3:38 PM
My assumption is he started calling doctors (or had someone call doctors) looking for a little quick fame.  The sketchy guy is more likely to say yes in the first place.  He said he never met ARod and had no connection to him.

At the end of the day, if he thinks the Yankees are holding him back, then COME OUT AND SAY IT.  You have your own press conference.  Stop being shady and obnoxious.  The Yankees said he asked out of games and said he wasn't ready to come up because his thigh hurt.  They gave him an MRI on his request, and found a strain.  Now ARod says this.  Just ******* odd.
7/25/2013 3:52 PM
Gayrod's iq must be like 85. His idiotic choice of seeking a new doctor's opinion, in violation of the cba, just puts him further in the Skanks' doghouse, ie it makes it easier for them to give him the cold shoulder. His constant whining, minimedia campaign that puts NY on the spot about what's going on, and his apparent lack of understanding (ie stupidity) about why the Skanks don't want him around is pitiful. Plus, it seems like he's been lying about the steroids for quite some time.

It's possible that he's the biggest douchebag in mlb history.

Christ, what an *******. I've always rooted against him more because he's one of those guys that are easy to hate on (like T Brady) than because of any real dislike, but I'd really like to see mlb tell him to stfu via a huge suspension. I'm tired of his crybaby ***.
7/25/2013 6:11 PM

I think it was more like "Hey, anybody know a doctor who'll clear me to play?"   And one of his guys says "Yeah, I know a guy that knows a guy" and ARod, being ARod, ran with it.

Now he's all "I think me and the Yankees had a misunderstanding.   Let's put the doctors behind us and play ball!!!!!'

I think he's got the mentality of a 12 y/o or some ****.  ****.

7/25/2013 7:25 PM
a 12 y/o with Down's Syndrome, maybe
7/25/2013 8:06 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/25/2013 12:32:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure they get to keep his salary.  I might be wrong, but I think it has to go to charity. 
I'm pretty sure I read the other day that the Brewers get to keep Braun's salary. I assumed the same would apply to the Yankees.
I've read that, too.  I thought it was wrong but now I can't find any source that says otherwise.  I think the player is essentially forfeiting his salary - if it goes back to the team, there's a potential conflict of interest.  Teams stuck with bad contracts could spike a player's food or drink or plant evidence to try to get out of the contract.  That's extreme, but I thought that was why such a rule existed.  If it does exist, though, I can't find it now.
7/25/2013 10:30 PM
And everyone thought Charles Comiskey was dead.
7/26/2013 8:26 AM
Posted by trsnoke on 7/25/2013 10:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/25/2013 12:32:00 PM (view original):
I've read that, too.  I thought it was wrong but now I can't find any source that says otherwise.  I think the player is essentially forfeiting his salary - if it goes back to the team, there's a potential conflict of interest.  Teams stuck with bad contracts could spike a player's food or drink or plant evidence to try to get out of the contract.  That's extreme, but I thought that was why such a rule existed.  If it does exist, though, I can't find it now.
Big time conflict of interest.

The forfeited salary should go to a charity or something and should still count against the luxury tax limit. A PED suspension shouldn't rescue a team from a bad contract, especially since the team benefited from the PED use.
7/26/2013 3:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...48 Next ▸
A-Rod: Satan? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.