I've been around WIS for over 11 years now and while I'm not one to come into the forums nor gripe and complain about things, I've got to admit I've had just about enough of the lack of customer service.  We have a situation in Clarkson where 1 owner has been found to be running 3 teams....I call that a rather critical situation as integrity of the league is at stake.....after extensive research detailing the actions of said owner, Customer Service was notified by a couple of different owners.....we are on Day 4 with no response.  Replacement owners have been found already for the 3 teams but within a response from CS it certainly makes it tough to replace owners.  I know several owners that have left WIS altogether because of the poor CS and I fear that if someone doesn't get their act together that things will only continue to decline around here. I'm not saying I'm going to take my ball and go home but just venting.
10/6/2012 8:10 AM
That stinks but could you elaborate on who the cheaters are?
10/6/2012 8:19 AM
As soon as CS confirms what we already know, I will most certainly divulge everything
10/6/2012 8:31 AM
We need a pinned thread for those types, like taping bounced checks to the carry-out's register.
10/6/2012 8:56 AM
Now that CS has replaced wads, here is the copy and pasted ticket I sent into CS with my 'detective work' as Mike called it. Didn't take much digging actually, maybe 20 minutes of clicking around various HBD Worlds, and owner profiles. It  probably took longer to write the ticket to CS, but here it is...

I know a couple of guys from Clarkson have sent in tickets regarding wad526. There have been some really shady moves with him in that league. I did a bit of research, and found a pattern of behavior which strongly, strongly suggests this person running multiple aliases and collusion in multiple HBD Worlds. You'll notice wad526 has an uncanny knack for acquiring really good players who were waived or released out right (via the waiver wire) who any HBD player worth their salt would have never simply dumped like that.

Main alias- wad526- This is the name which he trades or acquires the players from his other 'feeder' aliases.

feeder alias 1-mjack2004- this person has only participated in 2 seasons of HBD. Season 24 in Gehringer (as the San Juan Puerto Ricans) and the current season in Clarkson (as the Los Angeles Dodgers). You'll notice, of course, that wad526 was in both of those leagues with him at the same time. In his single season in Gehringer, he made 2 trades, both were with wad526. Wad won both trades and acquired 3 propsects and 2 ML ready players including a 78 rated SP (Emil Aguilera) and a 75 rated SP (Darby Powell). He also waived a 76 rated RP (Francisco Chavez) who was then claimed by wad526. So far, in this offseason with Clarkson, mjack2004 has release 3 ML ready players. Ken O'Neil (85 rated, 30 year old 3B), Ronnie Greisinger (76 rated, 31 year old pitcher) and Al Cruz (69 rated, 31 year old catcher). Of course, all 3 were picked up by wad526, and now he has all 3 for the league min, because the Dodgers released them and are responsible for their salary. O'Neil, in particular should never have been released.

feeder alias 2- dnns36- This person also has only ever participated in 2 HBD seasons. He was in The Show II as the Colorado Avalanche in Season 14 and he is now in his 1st season in Clarkson as the Durham DNNS. Of course, wad526 is in both of these worlds with him. In his single season in The Show, he made 3 total trades. Two of those trades were with wad526. In those trades, wad526 landed an 84 rated SP (Huston Miller) and a 76 rated LF/1B (Tommy Moore). Also in that season, I found 3 players that were waived by dnns36 and subsequently claimed by wad526. Those players were a 62 rated RP (Andy Duchscherer), a 72 rated RP (Tony Tarraga) and a 77 rated SP (Wilson McLaughlin). So far in Clarskson, dnns36 has waived two players. Can you guess who claimed them? Thats right, wad526 got both. One was an 86 rated 2B (Bo Rowan), who should have never, ever been waived. The other was a gold glove caliber SS with an OK stick, 68 rated Karim Cruz.

feeder alias 3- jkent121- This person has participated in four HBD Seasons. He was in Season 7 of DiMaggio as the Vancouver Canucks. He then left that world, and returned for only Season 12, this time as the Wichita Kent's Farm. He has also been in The Show II for Seasons 14 and 15. You'll notice that wad526 was with him in all of those seasons. In his two seasons in The Show, he traded away an 85 rated SP to wad526 (Orber James) and released a 71 rated C (Eddie Lee) who was then claimed by wad526. He also waived a 76 rated 1B (Tommy Moore) and an 82 rated 3B (Hector Franklin). Both of these players were picked up by a third team then traded to wad526. I believe somebody beat him to them on the waiver wire, but since he still planned on having those players, was able to make a deal for them with that other team, but thats just speculation of course. I'll break jkent121's two very suspicious stints in DiMaggio up seperately. In his first, Season 7 stint, he made 6 trades. Three of those trades were with wad526. Wad526 was able to land a 19 year old SP prospect who would eventually develop into an 82 rated SP. He also landed a 72 rated RP and an 82 rated 1B. During jkent121's Season 12 stint, he made two trades. One of those trades was to wad526 and allowed wad526 to acquire an 86 rated SP. Because these two seasons in DiMaggio were so far in the past, I was unable to really check out the waiver wire traffic between jkent121 and wad526 during the two seasons that they shared. But I'm sure it you guys were to check it out, you'd find activity which allowed wad526 to land solid ML players for nothing.

It took me longer to write this message than it did to dig up the info above. I'm sure you guys with more at your disposal could find even more. I don't know how you could not come to the conclusion that this activity is collusive. The sheer amount of traffic from the three 'feeder' aliases to the main alias, nearly all of which involve very solid or All Star level ML players getting put on the main alias's team, is simply too suspicious. I really hope that this matter gets given its due attention and I look forward to your action in this matter.

10/6/2012 9:07 PM
Looks like the 2 aliases are still in need of being removed.  I wouldn't drop the matter till the slate is wiped clean - as in all transactions reversed and those two "users" are removed.
10/6/2012 9:53 PM
CS already said they would replace them if we asked. We did, and already have the two owners lined up. Just waiting for CS to pull the trigger.

Then its a matter of coodinating with everyone to get the players back to their original teams.

Its a mess when you get jerks like this ruining it for everyone else. But luckily some wary owners caught it, and everyone is being cooperative to clean up the mess.
10/6/2012 10:00 PM
The guy should be replaced for having "DNNS" as his team name
10/6/2012 11:30 PM
Well done.
10/7/2012 1:13 AM
Damn, I need to be more vigilant in keeping an eye out for stuff like this.
10/7/2012 12:57 PM
The jkent121 account made the same attempts to dump players in season 12 of Dimaggio, which at the time we chalked up to stupidity because the players of value didn't make it down to wad on waivers.
10/8/2012 12:54 AM
I AM LORD_CLUCK
10/8/2012 7:47 AM
they always have numbers in their screennames
10/8/2012 11:48 AM
Posted by sergei91 on 10/8/2012 11:48:00 AM (view original):
they always have numbers in their screennames
I've never noticed that before, but yeah, you're right!
10/8/2012 11:54 AM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.