THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

I have a couple of thoughts here:

I don't consider myself a particularly religious individual, but the atheists seem like hypocrites to me. They want all religious symbols removed from government property, yet a lack of all religion in fact supports THEIR religious belief of atheism.

It seems that the only agenda for a number of atheist groups is finding any way they can to attack anything to do with any religion except their own, which is no religion at all. They realize they have no legal authority to tell people what to do in their own lives and with their own property, so they do the only thing they can, which is to try to attack any public or government entity which dares to hint at anything religious.

Those who want to freely exercise their religious beliefs should be able to do so - everyone, even atheists. However, the atheists don't want it that way. They want the government to support THEIR religion, which is nothing at all. They want atheism to be the "national religion" and will do anything they can to see it happen.

All of these foolish lawsuits over religious symbols on government property need to go away.

Perhaps when interpreting the constitution the justices should consider the mindset of those who wrote it (here's a hint: most of them were of some sort of Christian faith, not atheists). None of those people ever intended to make atheism the "national religion" by advocating a removal of all religious symbols from the government.
12/11/2012 2:54 PM
I am an Atheist. We are a small group. Some of us want to destroy Western Civilization.

Atheists filed a lawsuit to get prayer out of school. A long time after than 9 Christian judges deccided that the atheist was right.

Since then many Christian Presidents and hundreds of Christian Congressmen have dont nothing about it.

Atheists are not a threat to the traditional American way of life.

Liberal Democrats are.

12/11/2012 3:13 PM
I don't want to stereotype, so I will say not all atheists have these agendas.

However, the groups I'm talking about who are suing over religious symbols and the like on government property DO have agendas that threaten other people's way of life.

12/11/2012 3:17 PM
Posted by bistiza on 12/11/2012 2:54:00 PM (view original):
I have a couple of thoughts here:

I don't consider myself a particularly religious individual, but the atheists seem like hypocrites to me. They want all religious symbols removed from government property, yet a lack of all religion in fact supports THEIR religious belief of atheism.

It seems that the only agenda for a number of atheist groups is finding any way they can to attack anything to do with any religion except their own, which is no religion at all. They realize they have no legal authority to tell people what to do in their own lives and with their own property, so they do the only thing they can, which is to try to attack any public or government entity which dares to hint at anything religious.

Those who want to freely exercise their religious beliefs should be able to do so - everyone, even atheists. However, the atheists don't want it that way. They want the government to support THEIR religion, which is nothing at all. They want atheism to be the "national religion" and will do anything they can to see it happen.

All of these foolish lawsuits over religious symbols on government property need to go away.

Perhaps when interpreting the constitution the justices should consider the mindset of those who wrote it (here's a hint: most of them were of some sort of Christian faith, not atheists). None of those people ever intended to make atheism the "national religion" by advocating a removal of all religious symbols from the government.
Atheism isn't a religion.
12/11/2012 3:34 PM
The last 6 letters are theism, it is at least in some sense a religion.

re·li·gion

[ri-lij-uh?n] Show IPA
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.

I would argue that you could fit atheism into any of those, particularly 2 and 3.
12/11/2012 4:02 PM
Well, yeah, the last 6 letters are theism, meaning belief in one god, but that first letter makes a pretty big difference. Atheism is the rejection of the belief in a god.

To fall into the category of atheist you don't have to believe in anything, pray, or follow any rituals or codes of conduct. You just have to not believe in god.

As you point out in your definition, religions have those elements - fundamental sets of beliefs and practices, devotional and ritual observances, a moral code governing conduct.

Another definition of religion:

re·li·gion  

/ri'lij?n/

Noun
  1. The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
  2. Details of belief as taught or discussed.

Synonyms
faith - belief - creed - denomination
12/11/2012 4:12 PM
Atheism is not just an absence  of religion.

It is a specific belief that there is no divine being.

It is a belief that is taught and discussed.

I realize you need to twist a bit to make it a religion, but it isnt that far out.

And the Government recognizes issues dealing with atheism as having footing in the first amendment.

12/11/2012 4:27 PM
Posted by bistiza on 12/11/2012 3:17:00 PM (view original):
I don't want to stereotype, so I will say not all atheists have these agendas.

However, the groups I'm talking about who are suing over religious symbols and the like on government property DO have agendas that threaten other people's way of life.

I am not worrying about Atheist stereotyping.

Somewhere between 30 and 60 percent of Atheists are hostile towards traditional religious values.

Many of these lawsuits are filed by Atheists.

All that is true.

The issue that I want to alert people to isnt not to worry about Atheists, but to fear Liberal Democrats.

The system is supposed to work that anyone  can complain no matter how small a minority, but the majority should be able to keep their values.

Liberal Democrats have used Atheists are their pawns to destroy Ameircan values. They support and encourage minor suits that should not have ever reached a high level,
12/11/2012 4:34 PM
Atheism is a non-belief. Not a belief.

If atheism is a religion then not collecting stamps is a hobby.
12/11/2012 4:34 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/11/2012 4:34:00 PM (view original):

Atheism is the belief that there is no religion.

It is like a group that goes around trying to prove that there is no Conspiracy in the Kennedy assasination.

We believe in something and fight for that belief.

12/11/2012 4:38 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/11/2012 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/11/2012 4:34:00 PM (view original):

Atheism is the belief that there is no religion.

It is like a group that goes around trying to prove that there is no Conspiracy in the Kennedy assasination.

We believe in something and fight for that belief.

Are you on crack?

If someone asked you if you were religious, would you respond with, "why yes, in fact, I am. I'm an atheist?" The person you were talking to would be extremely confused.

12/11/2012 4:44 PM
"Hi swamp, do you have any hobbies?"
"Yes, I do, I do not collect stamps."
"Uh...ok...so what are your hobbies?"
"That's it. Just the lack of stamp collecting."

12/11/2012 4:48 PM
"That's...interesting. How much time do you spend not collecting stamps?"
"Every minute of every day. I'm devoted to not collecting stamps."
"That's quite a time consuming hobby you have. When do you sleep?"
"Luckily, not collecting stamps can be done while sleeping, eating, watching TV, taking a ****, jerking off....the possibilities are endless."

12/11/2012 4:51 PM
Luckily, it doesn't interfere with his "not making sense" hobby.
12/11/2012 5:12 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 12/11/2012 3:13:00 PM (view original):
I am an Atheist. We are a small group. Some of us want to destroy Western Civilization.

Atheists filed a lawsuit to get prayer out of school. A long time after than 9 Christian judges deccided that the atheist was right.

Since then many Christian Presidents and hundreds of Christian Congressmen have dont nothing about it.

Atheists are not a threat to the traditional American way of life.

Liberal Democrats are.

"Some of us want to destroy Western Civilization."

I think I just injured myself facepalming.
12/11/2012 5:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...31|32|33|34|35...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.