THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by The Taint on 10/20/2012 3:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mchalesarmy on 10/20/2012 3:07:00 AM (view original):
So then other than the fact that the Institution of the CC is hypocritical, and therefore not entitled to rights in your mind, you find no factual error in my paraphrasing of their position?
I'll grant them some rights when they start paying taxes like any other business.
The issue is bigger than the institution of the CC.

What I think you are missing here is the ACTUAL devout individual who holds that belief.and owns a business.
10/20/2012 3:24 AM
Posted by The Taint on 10/20/2012 3:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mchalesarmy on 10/20/2012 3:14:00 AM (view original):
They are deplorable.

That's what the whole Protestant reformation was all about.

They have been "getting grandma out of purgatory" for a sizable donation for 1500 years or more.

Many of their teachings are in direct opposition to what is actually written in the Word

Almost everything these days is in direct opposition to what is written in the word. Unless of course you want to completely toss out the Old Testament.
The world is mostly in opposition to the Word.

The OT isn't to be tossed out but is to be learned from.

Not that there aren't some horrific things going on in the OT, but still in almost every instance there is an opportunity to glean knowledge from it.

The OT was a contract of LAWS, The NT is a contract of SERVICE and LOVE.
10/20/2012 3:30 AM
Posted by The Taint on 10/20/2012 3:30:00 AM (view original):
As far as I can tell...and it is slightly murky.....that individual would not have to pay for contraception and/or abortion. It would be the insurance company that picks up the tab.

If the individual wants to find an insurance company that doesn't engage in the practice of covering contraception, I say good luck to them.
Exactly.

The issue now is that Obamacare mandates that ALL health insurances MUST provide contraception at no cost.

So now there will be no insurance that a Catholic could provide his or her employees that would not seem to he or she to be facilitating others to commit a "mortal sin".

10/20/2012 3:36 AM
Correct

I should have written "no additional cost"

10/20/2012 3:44 AM
Now that is just the contraceptive issue, when it comes to the "plan-b" pill it gets way more invasive, because many consider that to be basically abortion.

Which is now going FAR outside just the Catholic Church.

The plan b pill claims to delay ovulation and prevent pregnancy up to a few days after unprotected sex.
They claim that if you are already pregnant it will have no effect.

Possibly true, I really don't know, but it seems to me that if you had sex two days ago you are either pregnant or you aren't. I've never heard that it takes a few days to actually get pregnant, so I am skeptical of their claims, but admittedly am no biology major.

10/20/2012 3:55 AM (edited)
From a pro-life website, so take it for what that's worth:

The main ingredient of Plan B is the steroid levonorgestrel.  The abortion drug, RU-486, is also a steroid because its main ingredient is mifepristone.  Because they come from the same chemical family, the molecular formulas for both drugs are very similar.  The formula for Plan B is C21H28O2 while the formula for RU-486 is C29H35NO2.

Plan B can be taken up to three days after conception.  The Plan B product information indicates that the main purpose of the drug is to prevent ovulation or fertilization, but the statement that fully reveals the danger of Plan B reads, “In addition, it may inhibit implantation (by altering the endometrium).”  This means that Plan B can prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to a woman’s womb by causing the lining to thin.  Plan B is thus denying the fertilized egg to obtain the nutrients it needs to survive.

And the issue isn't whether or not you support a woman's right to have an abortion, it is that if indeed what the above statement says is true, you are now FORCING pro-life employers to facilitate their employees abortions.

I feel abortion is murder, but agree that it isn't my choice to make. However I do see the problem with forcing a person who shares my belief  to pay for insurance that will provide that pill to their employee. The government then is forcing them to essentially aid an employee in murdering their unborn child.

10/20/2012 4:17 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.