THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Posted by mchalesarmy on 10/20/2012 2:22:00 AM (view original):
Interestingly,  the government isn't forcing anyone to do any of these things.
Cutting assistance programs is a mortal sin. No way around it.
10/20/2012 2:26 AM
God commanded that each INDIVIDUAL should take care of their brother, He didn't say the government.should.
10/20/2012 2:29 AM
Why are you not calling out Romney who supported requiring Massachusetts catholic hospitals to dispense emergency contraception?
10/20/2012 2:29 AM
Posted by mchalesarmy on 10/20/2012 2:29:00 AM (view original):
God commanded that each INDIVIDUAL should take care of their brother, He didn't say the government.should.
Do you really want to get into what God commanded?
10/20/2012 2:30 AM
That was Swamp.
I simply clarified a point of contention between him and bad_luck.
10/20/2012 2:30 AM
And you should really check out the catechism of the Catholic Church before you make that statement.
10/20/2012 2:31 AM
I'm not Catholic so I really don't care what it says. I only know what the Bible actually says.
10/20/2012 2:32 AM
You mean like anyone who says god damn should be put to death? Or if a woman isn't a virgin on her wedding night she should be stoned to death? Or anyone who doesn't go to church on the Sabbath should be put to death?

I am Catholic by the way.
10/20/2012 2:35 AM
And if you don't know catechism....why are you arguing any tenents of the Catholic Church?
10/20/2012 2:36 AM
Because although I find much of their doctrine to be in error, I don't think it is my right to intrude on theirs.
10/20/2012 2:40 AM
Swamp and bad_luck have been going on and on about the issue without Swamp ever really clarifying his point or that of the CC very well.

So I tried to make it more clear and posted:

They  are only forcing businesses to pay for healthcare which facilitates others ability to commit that sin.

So the only thing they can do to avoid having to facilitate that which is abhorrent to them is shut the doors of their businesses.

What about that is incorrect?

10/20/2012 2:43 AM
You don't even know what you're arguing though. You are talking out your *** when you say catholic belief is that rich nations shouldn't take care of their poor...or the poorer nations in the world.

And why is it not your right to intrude on theirs.....but it is their right to intrude on others?
10/20/2012 2:44 AM
I never said anything about what the Catholics believe.

You posted: Cutting assistance programs is a mortal sin. No way around it.

To which I replied: God commanded that each INDIVIDUAL should take care of their brother, He didn't say the government.should.

10/20/2012 2:49 AM
It's bullshit. That's why I say if the church was so concerned with mortal sins, they wouldn't have covered up for their pedophile priests at all levels. It's cherry picking. It's hypocritical. Why are parishioners allowed to donate to have marriages annulled? Divorce is a mortal sin. It's bullshit. The whole church is bullshit. Organized religion is bullshit. It's all about the Benjamins.
10/20/2012 2:51 AM
I never argued that they were right either.

I simply clarified their position a bit more clearly.

10/20/2012 2:51 AM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...80 Next ▸
THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.