This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Trust me, in the court of public opinion(where we are), you're guilty.   Prove you're not or accept your fate.

That's how it works.    You're welcome.
9/12/2012 2:33 PM
So then to summarize, (for all the jury members in the court of public opinion):

MikeT23 is saying that during the first 17 seasons tomfool never had much of an issue, but now that he is in More Cowbell and THAT world hasn't filled in almost three weeks,  he suddenly gets the impression that HBD is broken and needs to be fixed.

tomfool certainly didn't post about Kruk when they went almost 3 months before filling, but when it personally affected tomfool , he started shouting "the sky is falling".

Several owners have explained that the problem is typical during the fall, and that 10 worlds filled last week (current data shows that while his world has been sitting idle 26 other worlds have filled).

So rather than accept that his is a fairly isolated problem tomfool retorts to a 3 page diatribe about what a d-ick Mike is.

Does that seem about right?

tom:

1) this isn't "helping" your world. I wouldn't join now if I ever was inclined because you seem a bit unstable, and I'd be leery of playing in a world with you.

2) your "bribery" idea is not a good one. One of your fellow world mates tried telling you that it doesn't work, hasn't worked in the past, and probably never will. I'm sure his advice will be met with the same consideration and thoughtful reflection you've displayed here, but just to put it more simply for you Bribing owners is a red flag of desperation.

Carry on "helping out".
9/12/2012 3:09 PM (edited)
Posted by tomfool on 9/12/2012 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Sorry,  Mike,  that ain't the way the American system of jurisprudence operates.  The prosecutor always has the burden of proof.  You have charged me with the crime of selfishness  (i.e.,  I have created this thread solely for the purpose of getting World More Cowbell off the dime,  not for any genuine purposes related to discussion of a widely percieved supply/demand imbalance in HBD.)  You have also charged me with possession of  Chicken Little-like thoughts,  words and deeds.  ("The sky is falling!")  And you have charged me with uttering a falsehood in denying that I am a selfish chicken. 

I plead not guilty to all three charges.  That is,  in this case,  I am not selfish, I am not a chicken,  and I am not a liar.

The defendant having entered his pleas it is now for you,  Mr. Prosecutor,  to prove your case.  Bring on your spread sheets.  Spark up the Power Point.  Rain numbers upon us like snow from the heavens.  Convict this heinous miscreant.  But please win  your conviction prior to Saturday afternoon.  Two of your criminal charges are also mortal sins (Selfishness,  lying.  Not sure about impersonating a chicken.)  Therefore, if I am guilty, I must confess my sins on Saturday afternoon so that I may take Holy Communion on Sunday Morning.
I charge you with being melodramatic and taking the internet too seriously. I present the quoted post as only the latest evidence.
9/12/2012 3:02 PM
Some people don't know when to shut up.
9/12/2012 3:07 PM
I know, right?

(please disregard post counts)
9/12/2012 4:19 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

Brevity, please. 

9/12/2012 4:56 PM
He says he won because you said you were okay with a merger, and because he got you to show your evil nature. He also claims to be done with this thread.
9/12/2012 4:59 PM
Ah, I see.   Well, I don't care if they merge worlds.  I won't be in one.   However, it won't solve any problems.  As previously mentioned, owners were less in love with their teams and more in love with winning 120 as evidenced by the 8-9 openings are the completion of S1 in the first merged world.    IOW, we'd get the same "The sky is falling" in three months because no one will want the crap that was left behind after S1 of merged world completes.

I assume my evil nature is in direct correlation to asking him to bump his previous "Worlds aren't filling" thread/post to prove this wasn't just another self-serving "Do something for me" suggestion.   So be it.

I'll put a checkmark in the W box for me.
9/12/2012 5:05 PM
Well, there was that, plus a number of the standard anti-MikeT crusade talking points.

I just saw it as a plea of no contest to my charge of taking the internet too seriously.

9/12/2012 5:23 PM
I found it interesting seeing someone accuse Mike of making threads be all about himself... by making this thread be all about Mike.

9/12/2012 7:18 PM
I'm pretty awesome.   It cannot be denied.
9/12/2012 9:24 PM
DENIED
9/12/2012 9:37 PM
There goes that theory.
9/12/2012 9:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.