The Newb of Newbies Topic

Posted by rednu on 9/30/2012 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Nope, I think that's all it does is a rep hit to the coach. Not sure how much the drop is or if it's different from just cutting a guy. I've never successfully managed to run anyone out of town except my ex-wife. 

Did you promise her starts and minutes?  Wives can be funny about that. 
10/3/2012 9:55 AM
Posted by carl3298 on 10/3/2012 9:55:00 AM (view original):
Nope, I think that's all it does is a rep hit to the coach. Not sure how much the drop is or if it's different from just cutting a guy. I've never successfully managed to run anyone out of town except my ex-wife. 

She was one of those diva players who thought that since she started her first and second years that she was entitled to the position. So she took offense when I brought in this really hot freshman prospect...
10/3/2012 11:11 AM
Posted by brianxavier on 9/30/2012 7:34:00 PM (view original):
I think it's a reputation hit, which impacts future job consideration.  anyone else know if it does anything besides that?
Yeah it has a small negative impact on your coach rep, I wanna say it usually drops it 1/3 of a letter grade for a transfer.  Like Brian says that really only matters when you're applying to another job.  It supposedly has a small impact on recruiting (your coach rep that is), but I've never really noticed any kind of difference when mine has been lower from cutting players, transfers, etc.
10/3/2012 12:56 PM
Posted by rednu on 10/3/2012 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by carl3298 on 10/3/2012 9:55:00 AM (view original):

She was one of those diva players who thought that since she started her first and second years that she was entitled to the position. So she took offense when I brought in this really hot freshman prospect...
Hey this here is the internet, you know the rules.  Pics or GTFO. 
10/3/2012 12:58 PM
Small hit to my coaching rep doesn't bother me as much as getting rid of a player that doesn't fit my system that was already on my roster having been recruited by the AI.
10/4/2012 3:31 AM
20 win regular season, I'll take that for my first season, I was just hoping to finish with an even record.
10/5/2012 2:56 AM
Sadly it looks like I'll be a one and down player for now as money issues will keep me from reupping for another season till I can find a new job.
10/11/2012 2:31 AM
Posted by egijr on 10/11/2012 2:31:00 AM (view original):
Sadly it looks like I'll be a one and down player for now as money issues will keep me from reupping for another season till I can find a new job.
Sorry to hear that...hope things work out for you and we see you back here in Rupp sometime! Always nice to have active coaches who post!
10/11/2012 8:36 AM
After having disappeared for a couple seasons, I've re-upped for 5 seasons with a new team.  Now to see if I remember what I learned last time...
2/15/2013 10:23 PM
Welcome back...I'm just coming back myself after about 3-4 years away lol
2/16/2013 1:35 AM
◂ Prev 12
The Newb of Newbies Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.