52 Mil Draft - Rosters, Commentary Topic

Thanks for the eval ash. Sorry to hear about your grandma. Of course if you come back next season you will drafting at or near the bottom which is the best spot to be in. Not sure really why I took Daniels over Camby and Chandler. Never used Daniels before and though that a 2nd rounder that high was too high for Camby of Chandler but wasn't thinking about the usage problem and some what low efficiency of Daniels. I was looking mostly at the 38 MPG and the rebounding along with over 450 FTAs.

I was concerned about defensive rebounds and almost took Pryzbilla over Davis. But  I was swayed by DDs 77 defense. And after taking Daniels I figured that taking Przybilla would leave this team too weak inside on defense. 

I also really liked the 700+ FTAs that Maxwell gets for a 18.4 usage player. 

Jon Barry just seemed like the perfect fit since Hardaway and Wade have so much usage.

Okay so which Wade should I use the 36% usage of the 31% usage season? My starting usage is almost 120 if I go with the higher version of Wade.
9/2/2012 10:32 PM
Posted by natenoy on 9/2/2012 10:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 9/2/2012 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by natenoy on 9/2/2012 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 9/2/2012 7:16:00 PM (view original):
Yeah you probably ought to wait till you know wtf you're talking about before evaluating others' teams.  Your evaluations are pretty terrible tbh.
ash last time I checked you were no longer in this league, why don't you go back to your mighty 8-6 ODL team and chime back in the next time you don't quit this league.
Read the above three posts, nimrod.

And as for my mighty 8-6 ODL team... we're 14 games in... and 2 games behind the top team in the league.

a)  I typically start slow... it's a strategic thing I do with the management of fatigue.
b)  I've played in the ODL 8 times.  I've won the championship 6 times.  How many times have you won anything?
c)  You know nothing, Jon Snow.
d)  Just found out my grandmother has cancer, and I've basically abandoned the sim until this afternoon for the past week. 
e)  I'm fixing to be away for a week with extremely limited internet access, so who knows what the next 10 or 11 game cycles will bring?

But let's talk after 82 games in, dipshit.

ash,

1. Check the timestamp, my comments toward you were prior to your posted evals.
2. Check the history of the threads, I have never instigated a back-and-forth with you, it is ALWAYS the other way around.
3. Your 6 ODL titles and $5 will get you a value meal at McDonald's.
4. This is supposed to be a game, for fun dude, quit taking it all so serious and insulting people, that's just not cool and not what people sign up for. Enough of the pi$$ing match already, it's beyond getting old.
5. We can talk after 82 games, I have had more success than failure on this site as well thus far, yea you know what you are talking about for the most part, but your way is not the ONLY way to build a winner here.

Good luck with the family thing.
1) not sure what relevance that has to anything.  I started writing the evals right after I posted the post you quoted so I didn't see it till after I had already posted my impressions.  The two posts I quoted below my evals that were the reason I actually did them - doing them had nothing to do with you.

2) lol so clueless.

3) you're the one that brought up the ODL.  Don't get butt hurt when I respond to it.

4) yeah, it's supposed to be fun, so shut the **** up already.  And quit insulting people?  Ummm... you ought to take your own advice. You jump all in here like "omg I know a better way blah blah blah and I've read some **** some vets have typed so I'm good" when in truth, you don't know ****.  Insulting long-time owners is not a cool way to introduce yourself.  Not sure what ******* contest is going on... You've done nothing to even start a ******* contest with...

5) never said my way was the only way.  You even read the evals?  I, unlike you, know various ways of winning and actually think about what I'm doing or what I'm saying before I do or say it.  I also didn't burst onto the scene and tell everybody what's what until I had shown I knew wtf I was talking about.

Anyway, good luck with your teams and your time here at WIS.
9/2/2012 11:27 PM
Ashamael sorry to hear about your grandmother and thanks to you and everyone else that took the time to write some evals. Reading the different evals are always a fun part of draft leagues and an opportunity to try and learn more about the sim.

Regarding my Iggy pick, here is what I like: 40 mins of tier 3 usage with 16.2% creb, 17.5% ast, some 3's (80 made), and can play PG, SG, and SF. The downside: at the usage I'd like to see more FTM's and a higher efg (50.1). Besides as a Nuggets fan, I've got to try and run with our new guy!
9/3/2012 12:24 AM
   3) tarheel1991 - Michael Jordan, Horace Grant, Bobby Jones, Clifford Ray, Kris Humphries, Kenny Smith, D. West

Another nice squad, 'heel, though it's not up to your usual standard. Horace & Bobby... huh?  Ray is cool... Humphries is excellent... but I'm still confused by Horace & Bobby.  Also... the Jet is a fine pg or sg for 2000 minutes, but what're you gonna do the rest of the time?  Ray gives you nice assists while he's on the floor, but this whole thing makes me think you're gonna go with the wrong Jordan.  You could win 50 games or lose 50 with this squad and neither would surprise me.

Thanks for stopping by Ash. Sorry to hear about the family stuff.

As for the analysis, I'm not sure why everyone is hating on Horace and Bobby. I admittedly wanted Nance instead of Jones, but those guys are great complements to Jordan - low usage, very high efg%, good defense, solid assists, and low negatives (although Bobby has more fouls/turnovers than I would like - which is why I wanted Nance). I know it means I start a below-average defensive rebounder at the 4 or 5, but I already had secured plus rebounding at the 2 and 3 to make up for it, and knew it wouldn't be too tough to get good rebounding later (ended up being Ray and Humphries). My starting lineup has 43%/91% rebounding, which is perfectly fine, so their only real downside is covered. Although I guess lack of threes is another negative, and I didn't cover that as well as I would have liked.

I'm not going with the "wrong Jordan" - I'm going with 89-90. I think you're implying I'm short on assists around him, but I should be fine thanks to Horace/Bobby/Ray all having good assists (plus another post guy off the bench). West has about the same ast% as Smith.

Admittedly this team is not as good as I would have liked. I was 1-2 picks away from Nance in the 3rd and Brent Price in the 6th (instead of Jones and Delonte) which would have given me more threes and lower fouls/turnovers. I think my biggest weakness is lack of threes, as well as too many fouls (a problem I often have). But we should score the ball extremely well and play solid defense. Would be disappointed if this wasn't a very good team, but I said that last year in this league and was the most disappointed I've ever been.
9/3/2012 10:12 AM
11) katernberg - Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, Willis Reed, Josh Smith, Maurice Lucas, Mark Jackson, Marcin Gortat

Meh. No. No. No. No. Meh. Ok. I like nothing about this squad other than the defense your back court will play. Top 10 pick next season for you... maybe top 5. CP3 deserves better.

The parts will fit together. I always built strange teams and was succesfull more often than not. We will see...
9/3/2012 1:59 PM
We ended up with 5 group1&2 teams in the East and 7 in the West. Below is my predicted order of finish for the East, West to follow:

Atlantic
1. Mayor of Jesus' Shaqtown malone9975
2. Metropolis Generals bluenote75
3. Admiral'sArmy dh555
4. She is crying AGAIN 98average
5. Tar Heel Tempest tarheel1991
6. BJURSTA captainzen

5 of the 6 best teams from the East are all in the Atlantic, I see teams 1-4 making the playoffs and tarheel just missing out because a team from the Central will get a far easier schedule.

Central
1. Twister Alley ncih
2. LiveOrDieByThe3 tricky24
3. Poopie Head Owner vancem
4. KT's Kobeshooter katernberg
5. Heart and Lungs xxevilivexx
6. Crazy Heart banditone

This is by far the lightest division on paper. I think tricky24 (who was previously a Group 3 team) will benefit slighlty more than vancem (another Group 3 team) and take a playoff spot, although the Atlantic beating itself to death could lead to both these teams making the playoffs and a better Atlantic team missing out.
9/7/2012 1:09 PM
West

Midwest
1. The Boozers sappy
2. Time To Deliver ncih
3. Random Divisions natenoy
4. The Big O's gunner21
5. Honey I Shrunk the Kids coachcroft
6. Stinky Feet jethroeg

I see a real dogfight for the division between teams 1-3, I expect those spots to be seperated by no more than 5 games, with all three teams making the playoffs.

Pacific
1. Stockton to Stoudemire 98average
2. Nuclear Fission V.2.0 chris_snid
3. Salt 'n Iron scudmissle
4. one more win mikee1
5. Baltimore Buccaneers Ginandjuice
6. QuitChurBitchin jakotay

If you thought the Atlantic was brutal, take a look at what is the Pacific nightmare. Mikee1 was in Group 1 once upon a time, but this division is a series of bad matchups for one more win, and now I project that team to miss the playoffs, with the top 3 making the West playoffs. 
9/7/2012 1:58 PM
I will be in the playoffs.
9/7/2012 4:32 PM
Evil if things keep going like they are I will trade you draft picks next season. I should have around the 15th to 20th pick in the first round next season. But my team could go south real quick though. D Wade is a trcky cat to build a team around.
9/19/2012 8:12 PM
Posted by xxevilivexx on 9/7/2012 4:32:00 PM (view original):
I will be in the playoffs.
i think i might have deleted this quote already if i were you evil haha
9/21/2012 7:11 PM
I'm not deleing any of mine dh. Hopefully my team will catch you soon and take the conference title from your squad in the end LOL! 
9/21/2012 8:28 PM
sixth place has a losing record, I can still make the playoffs.
9/25/2012 1:39 AM
Posted by xxevilivexx on 9/25/2012 1:39:00 AM (view original):
sixth place has a losing record, I can still make the playoffs.
Please let me know where you get whatever it is you are smoking.
9/26/2012 1:25 AM
Hopefully I made you proud ash.

56 wins and 26 losses. Number 1 in my division. 2nd best record in the league and in the conference to Tarheel's squad. Beat dh555's team, that was predicted to be the best overall unit, by 1 game. 5 wins and 1 loss against those 2 teams. Tied my best record in this league with 56 wins. So it has been a great season so far.
10/21/2012 4:55 PM
Looks like you did well, man.  Good job! 

Interestingly enough:

3 teams won more than 50 games. (above average - elite)
2 teams won less than 30 games. (below average - poor)
19 teams fell in that 30-50 range. (average)

It's hard to really predict anything very accurate when leagues shape up like this, and most of the draft leagues shape up like this these days.  That's why evals are really kinda just for fun and why many owners think more teams will make the playoffs than is possible.

Just an fyi for those who put too much emphasis on the commentary that occurs in these threads and might not have the experience to know better.

GL in the dance to the 12 guys who made it.
10/21/2012 6:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸
52 Mil Draft - Rosters, Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.