5) North Park
6) Millikin
7) Carthage
8) Augustana
9) MSE
7/23/2013 1:26 PM
Season 68 - NJAC Rankings (vs. CCIW)

1. Kean (vs. Elmhurst)
2. Monty St. (at WiscLutheran - slot #4 instead of #10)
3. Wm Paterson (vs. Wheaton)
4. TCNJ (at Martin Luther)
5. Rowan (vs. N. Park)
6. R. Stockton (at Millikin)
7. Caz (vs. Carthage)

7/23/2013 2:17 PM
Just tried to schedule match up with Caz but their non-conference is completely full.  should I schedule against someone else from NJ?
7/29/2013 9:16 AM
On the record: Greensboro has had a pending slot 10 request to Trinity for weeks which has not been answered. Matchup #2 to the USA South.
7/31/2013 10:13 AM
And just so we're clear that due diligence has been done, I did post in the University CC asking what was up. Got no answer. 
7/31/2013 8:40 PM
Matchups:
Ozarks 73 NCWC 86 (USA South 1-0)
Greensboro @ Trinity (Trinity forfeit. USA South 2-0)
Sewanee 63 Palm Beach 90 (USA South 3-0)
Shenandoah 56 Louisiana 69 (USA South 3-1)
Centre 62 Methodist 85 (USA South 4-1)
Newport 90 Dallas 72 (USA South 5-1)
Rhodes 64 Piedmont 76 (USA South 6-1)
8/28/2013 7:33 AM
NJAC / CCIW results

1. Kean (80) vs. Elmhurst (73) - Kean wins, 1-0 NJ
2. Monty St. (73) at WiscoLuth (67)* - Monty St. wins, 2-0 NJ
3. Wm Paterson (80) vs. Wheaton (95) - Wheaton wins, 2-1 NJ
4. TCNJ (69) at Martin Luther (72) - Martin Luther wins, 2-2 tied
5. Rowan (64) vs. N. Park (64) - Rowan wins, 3-2 NJ
6. R. Stockton (59) at Millikin (75) - Millikin wins, 3-3 tied
7. Caz vs. Carthage - never scheduled

* - Week 4 game
8/28/2013 9:44 AM
Just wanted to clarify the scheduling process, since the past few seasons we have had some games forfeited due to not being scheduled/scheduling conflicts.  First of all, and most importantly, if your conference is involved in this tourney, please keep nonconf slot #10 open until the matchups for next season are posted. I know everyone gets all excited and wants to schedule their NC games by the first week of the season or whatever, but let's exercise a little patience. 

If the game your team is scheduled to play can't be booked due to a conflict, the first solution should be to try and schedule that game in another NC slot. If that isn't an option, then try to schedule another team from that conference in slot #10. If neither of those two situations will work, then the team who sent the game invite will receive the win.

If the game your team is scheduled to play can't be booked due to lack of response from the other coach, the first solution would be to post on that conference's CC and ask what's going on. You could also sitemail the coach directly.  Make sure you either post the fact that they haven't responded (after adequate time), here or on the CCIW CC so it's out there.  If they still don't respond and the game can't be scheduled, the team that sent the game invite will receive the win.

Let's all try and schedule these games as planned, because it makes this thing a hell of a lot more fun when everyone participates. I don't enjoy writing (xx) forfeits, or "game not scheduled"
8/28/2013 9:57 AM
For historical purposes:  7 years of tourneys thus far ("almost" one calendar year)

NJ Conf is 4-3 in the tourney, with 3 championships (3-peat just ended)

All Time NJ Conference Team Records
(i think, and by tourney appearances first)

7 appearances
Kean 6-1
Monty St 4-3

6 appearances
Rowan 5-1
Will Patterson 4-2
Cazenovia 4-2 (1 loss was by forfeit)

5 appearances
Ramapo 3-2

4 appearances
The College of NJ  1-3

2 appearances
Rutgers at Camden 2-0

1 appearance
Rutgers at Newark 1-0
Dicky Stockton 0-1

Still waiting for their chance: D'Youville and New Jersey City

8/29/2013 4:32 PM (edited)
USA South rankings:

1) NCWC
2) Palm Beach 
3) Newport
4) Piedmont
5) Oglethorpe
6) Greensboro
7) Averett

Oglethorpe already has slot #10 scheduled, so if no open date is available for their matchup, Chowan gets bumped in and Greensboro and Averett can move up a spot.
9/9/2013 7:45 PM
CCIW Rankings:
1. Wisconsin Lutheran 
2. Elmhurst
3. Wheaton
4. Martin Luther
5. Millikin
6. Carthage
7. Illinois Weslyan 

North Park is next in case of scheduling conflicts.

9/11/2013 9:26 PM
I guess this would make the match-ups:
1. Wisconsin Lutheran @ NCWC
2. Palm Beach @ Elmhurst
3. Wheaton @ Newport
4. Piedmont @ Martin Luther
5. Millikin @ Oglethorpe (in a non-slot 10 if possible)
6. Greensboro @ Carthage
7. Ill Wesleyan @ Averett
9/11/2013 9:29 PM
NJAC rankings for Season 69 matchup vs. University:

1. TCNJ
2. Caz
3. Kean
4. Rowan
5. WmPat
6. Monty
7. RUN

Odd seeds at home, even seeds at University

9/11/2013 9:44 PM
So the 4-way tourney has been consolidated to a 3-way tourney.  I'll try to update this thread with this season's (Season 70) matchups a little later.

For Season 51, remember to leave open slots 8, 9, and 10 for the tourney next season.

Also, I've been wondering if the conference seedings (not the intraconference seedings that each conference handles internally) for next season's tourney should be based on conference RPI seedings after the non-conference slate is finished for everyone or if we should go by the current tournament's outcome.  That is, if CCIW finishes with the most wins, then they'd be the top conference for next season's tourney.  Ditto for 2nd and 3rd place finishers.  And if there happens to be a tie, then maybe use conference RPI as the tiebreaker.  This year we used the conference RPI standings after the first 10 games, so I'm asking if it makes some sense to switch it up starting next season.  Any thoughts on this?

11/25/2013 11:23 AM
So Jdno, a few questions. 

1. Are the 3 conferences NJAC, USA South, and CCIW?

2. I don't know what you mean by "conference seedings".......or why we need them with only 3 conferences.

Cant the tourney just be something like this....
Week 8  CCIW at. NJAC
Week 9  NJAC at USA South
Week 10 USA South at CCIW

And just match common seedings, so 1 plays 1, 2 plays 2, and so on? 

My two cents: I do really like the idea of a 3 conference round-robin. I think it would be best to keep the structure pretty simple and consistent, because we will have less scheduling or participation issues if we do that. 

11/25/2013 12:12 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12|13 Next ▸
The Annual 4MBCPMBBT Tournament Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.