Jobs process needs to change? Topic

Another season looking for jobs, this process stinks, 8 schools with advice of "keep looking", 2 as " not qualified" and 170 of "step backwards". Already turned down by Georgetown, Providence is pending, whatever the hell that means. Texas tech and K State are next in my list. Not sure why I'm not accepted or declined immediately, pending???
10/6/2012 4:09 PM
That probably means you'll get Providence (BTW you're doing your team a great injustice with your scheduling.  Your RPI and tournament seeding has been butchered by the sim Big 6 teams you scheduled, try not to schedule teams that are winning 2 and 3 games.)
10/6/2012 5:14 PM
Posted by m4284850 on 10/6/2012 5:14:00 PM (view original):
That probably means you'll get Providence (BTW you're doing your team a great injustice with your scheduling.  Your RPI and tournament seeding has been butchered by the sim Big 6 teams you scheduled, try not to schedule teams that are winning 2 and 3 games.)
I didn't expect to be back at Air Force and that is why I scheduled like that, I was hoping to play against my former team but they all turned me down.
10/6/2012 5:22 PM
scheduling is really important - if you schedule with an eye toward where you might be in the future, you are giving yourself the shaft

the path to new jobs is through trips to the NCAA tunament

the path to the NCAA tunament is heavily through scheduling
10/7/2012 8:53 AM
In my opinion, the jobs process is easily the most messed up part of HD. I really enjoy playing this game and will definitely continue to do so, BUT, it is frustrating to watch big 6 conference jobs open up with prestiges in the B or below range go unfilled when other coaches who have had some success want those jobs but cant get them. In Crum I'm at Mississippi St. Bama, Auburn and Vandy are all Sims. Coaches have wanted those jobs since they became Sims and no one can get them. After 2-3 seasons open their rosters are falling apart with crappy Sim players and the jobs are becoming much less desirable. I sincerely hope seble is reading this and will make it easier for coaches who have had success over at least 3 seasons at low level or mid major schools in D1 to move big 6 jobs. The hurdle is too high right now. I would define success as 20+ wins and NT births, and wins in the NT would obviously help (if you make 2 straight NTs in your first 2 seasons at a lower D1 school and record at least 2 NT wins in those seasons you should be able to move on to a big 6 job).

On the flip side of the coin, if you are at a school with a baseline prestige of B- or better you should get fired: 1. if you can't make the NT within 4 seasons, 2. if you have had success but then go back-to-back seasons and miss the postseason altogether (no NT or PIT), or 3. if you go 3 seasons with no NT birth. I don't mean to pick on any coach in particular so I truly hope this doesn't come off that way, but to illustrate my point, the coach at Kentucky in Crum has gone 9 straight seasons with no NT birth and 13 seasons with no NT wins. In 21 seasons at Kentucky he has 3 NT wins. The last time his record was above .500 was 7 seasons ago. In real life, would that coach still be employed by that school?

Recruiting could use a few tweaks to make it easier to win at a mid-major and to create more battles for top talent, but the biggest change this game needs is to the jobs process.
10/7/2012 9:23 AM (edited)
Just saw this thread, congrats on finally making it jaw
10/8/2012 4:09 PM
Posted by mduncanhogs on 10/7/2012 9:23:00 AM (view original):
In my opinion, the jobs process is easily the most messed up part of HD. I really enjoy playing this game and will definitely continue to do so, BUT, it is frustrating to watch big 6 conference jobs open up with prestiges in the B or below range go unfilled when other coaches who have had some success want those jobs but cant get them. In Crum I'm at Mississippi St. Bama, Auburn and Vandy are all Sims. Coaches have wanted those jobs since they became Sims and no one can get them. After 2-3 seasons open their rosters are falling apart with crappy Sim players and the jobs are becoming much less desirable. I sincerely hope seble is reading this and will make it easier for coaches who have had success over at least 3 seasons at low level or mid major schools in D1 to move big 6 jobs. The hurdle is too high right now. I would define success as 20+ wins and NT births, and wins in the NT would obviously help (if you make 2 straight NTs in your first 2 seasons at a lower D1 school and record at least 2 NT wins in those seasons you should be able to move on to a big 6 job).

On the flip side of the coin, if you are at a school with a baseline prestige of B- or better you should get fired: 1. if you can't make the NT within 4 seasons, 2. if you have had success but then go back-to-back seasons and miss the postseason altogether (no NT or PIT), or 3. if you go 3 seasons with no NT birth. I don't mean to pick on any coach in particular so I truly hope this doesn't come off that way, but to illustrate my point, the coach at Kentucky in Crum has gone 9 straight seasons with no NT birth and 13 seasons with no NT wins. In 21 seasons at Kentucky he has 3 NT wins. The last time his record was above .500 was 7 seasons ago. In real life, would that coach still be employed by that school?

Recruiting could use a few tweaks to make it easier to win at a mid-major and to create more battles for top talent, but the biggest change this game needs is to the jobs process.
I totally agree - the schools with the best baseline prestige should not tolerate a coach that cannot consistently be a force in the NT.
10/8/2012 10:32 PM
Posted by illini326 on 10/8/2012 4:09:00 PM (view original):
Just saw this thread, congrats on finally making it jaw
Thanks, took awhile, still think this process should change, now my former conf. mates will be stuck with a high prestige sim ai, who will not be taken over ultimately making this conference weaker and more difficult for many of the coaches I left.
10/11/2012 11:49 PM
I never have played DI but have looked at the top end vs bottom teams. Would I be correct in saying the higher prestige teams in a BCS conference with full conferences get a vast majority of the best players? if so why doesn't WIS put more parity on all DI players and more weight on coaching systems to have a true gmae of  "Hoops Dynasty"
10/12/2012 7:42 AM
◂ Prev 12
Jobs process needs to change? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.