Scholarship messages Topic

Posted by dacj501 on 10/26/2013 5:15:00 AM (view original):
Coach, I really appreciate you having enough faith in me to extend me a scholarship offer. I hope that you have enough faith to wait for me to visit some other schools - they really have made their programs sound great and to be honest, I need much more information before I can tell you yes or no.
I've been behind the times I've seen that message, close and usually not a huge amount invested when I see it, but definitely behind
11/10/2013 12:07 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 11/9/2013 11:01:00 PM (view original):
Dac-phalla was battling a sim in his example.
d'oh! Reading comprehension fail. Thanks darnoc
11/10/2013 12:55 PM
Update: tarvalon - #8 is definitely behind
11/30/2013 11:10 AM
"Coach, I'm really struggling right now - you have a great program and the school is fantastic, but it's such a big decision. I'm very close to making my decision though."

This is ahead.  

12/27/2013 11:23 AM
Posted by mjp8 on 8/12/2012 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Is there a list of all the scholarship messages somewhere and a ranking of where they are in terms of winning to losing a battle?

Seems like something someone would have filed somewhere.
The one I always love to get is "you know I'm an Aries don't you"?  I think this one means you are way ahead.  Can only remember failing to sign one recruit after getting this message.
12/31/2013 4:14 PM
From my experience, usually when the recruit mentions about recruiting by another team or taking a campus visit to another school, that appears to be false. He's just basically letting you know how more recruiting you need to do to get him to consider your school or accept your scholarship offer.
1/1/2014 3:13 AM
interesting stuff.   to me, it would seem like it would be really hard to ever figure these messages out when youre battling a human.

.but.... it would seem like it might be possible to make pretty good guesses based on battles with sims....  and then use that knowledge to apply to battles with humans  (keeping in mind that the human adds in unknown elements like  how much money they have  whether they have made any promises or will do so going forward, etc.

im basing this off the idea that sims do not continue making effort throughout recruiting.... but i cant actually remember if this is really true  in other words, do the plunk down all their money up front?  i thought they did.

maybe most of the info above IS based off sim battles,  but there seems a fair amount of human battle and no battle stuff mixed in.

in my current situation vs sim...

this was the first  message i got after getting enough effort to get on considering list this happened at 11pm right after signings started  (i had been making effort on him for 3 or 4 cycles, but took a bit to pull him down and then get considered.)
Coach, it's down to a handful of schools - you're on my very short list, but I feel like I still need more information about the program.

my gut feeling was that i was behind fairly solidly,  and with cash running low i really felt i might be throwing good money after bad,  but my other gut said "go for it"  i did nothing for the 2am cycle,  and no updates,  except that WOTS indicated the other school was ahead, 

so,  prior to 5am i did two HVs and promised start and promised 20 minutes.  i had tried to offer promises several times previous, but he wouldnt take them. (by the way, what is up with that?  does it imply anything when he does or doesnt take your promises?)  
but this time he diid take them,  and the home visit message, while not a slam dunk message, seemed to indicate  that things were very close.
and, i got a scholarship update message:
Coach, thanks again for the scholarship offer - I really like your program, but I have to tell you, I may still have some other options that I want to check out yet.

this is encouraging because (if i am correct about simmy not continuing effort)  then this seems to indicate a change in status of the battle.... right?
in other words, if you are behind and nothing changes... he doesnt send you another note saying youre still behind...right?   

or like some have suggested,  maybe all we can really gleen from these types of messages is that it is close and theres no way to know if youre ahead or behind?

deep down, though, i still fear that i am behind,  but my gut now says that new message told me that i went from "behind"  to "very slightly behind".  
2/11/2014 6:15 AM
for some reason i cant get this out of my head when we start breaking down all the possible meanings of specific phrases:

GEORGE: Uhm...I'd like to ask you...ask you to analyze a hypothetical phone call, ya know, from a female point of view.

JERRY: [to George] Oh, come on now, what are you asking her? Now, how is she gonna know?

GEORGE: [to Claire] Now, a woman calls me, all right? She says she has to [makes some gestures to accent "has to"] come to New York on business...

JERRY: Oh you are beautiful! [ironically]

GEORGE: and, and maybe [again some gestures] she'll see me when she gets there, does this woman intend to spend time with me?

CLAIRE: I'd have to say: uuhh, no. [George shows his note-block to Jerry, it says very largely: NO]

GEORGE: [to Claire] So why did she call?

CLAIRE: To be polite.

GEORGE: To be polite, I rest my case.

2/11/2014 6:24 AM
i think id have a better chance of deciphering these scholly messages if i knew .... the tone.
2/11/2014 6:25 AM
oldave, you probably don't know, but the FSS messages are 100% accurate - the first team listed is ALWAYS winning, even when FSS shows it as close. doesn't matter if its a two or three or four way battle. this makes figuring out the scholarship messages drastically easier than in our days, and provides very important info in battles, regardless of against humans or sims.
2/13/2014 2:24 AM
Beep.beep.beep.

back it up....

Are you talking about the list of teams considered on the left side of a recruits player page? Surely not. If so that would be eenormously huge and also the opposite of the way it used to be.

If you are talking about the wots message at the bottom of the players scouted info tab...
.... OK yeah. I guess I knew that but may not have realized the order listed was so instructive

But sometimes you don't have that info, especially transfers . And since it only changes twice a day I often find I'm in the dark at key moments.
2/13/2014 4:15 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 2/13/2014 2:24:00 AM (view original):
oldave, you probably don't know, but the FSS messages are 100% accurate - the first team listed is ALWAYS winning, even when FSS shows it as close. doesn't matter if its a two or three or four way battle. this makes figuring out the scholarship messages drastically easier than in our days, and provides very important info in battles, regardless of against humans or sims.
You mean if it says "he struggling between team a and team b" that means team a is winning?
2/13/2014 8:25 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/13/2014 8:25:00 AM (view original):
You mean if it says "he struggling between team a and team b" that means team a is winning?
I hope, but fear, that this isn't true.
2/13/2014 10:04 AM
Hmmm, I thought I had a slight lead, sent a call to the kid and got:

"Well coach, I'm still exploring all my options, but I'm very impressed with XYZ.  I really like what I've seen and heard so far."

I take that as a slight lead, anyone else have a thought?
2/13/2014 11:26 AM
Posted by guyo26 on 2/13/2014 10:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/13/2014 8:25:00 AM (view original):
I hope, but fear, that this isn't true.
It's 100% true.  
2/13/2014 12:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Scholarship messages Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.