Thanks to ozzzball19, we have this info on Bryant, the world I personally am leaning towards.

In Bryant these are the conferences with 3 or fewer coach's.
Centennial - 2
Iowa Inter - 2
Mid Atlantic - 3
MW Conf - 3
Minn Inter - 3
USA South - 3
wisconsin - 3
8/1/2012 10:22 PM
We can vote on the conference. I'm for USA South.
8/1/2012 10:48 PM
Posted by slid64er on 8/1/2012 9:31:00 PM (view original):
Guys - put a halt on the payment for now.  Let's make sure we can move the cash out of the account first.  I sent in a ticket and will keep you guys posted.
I have left your gift card unredeemed and will do so with all that come in unless I'm told otherwise.

I suspect though that whoever was to win will have to play it out on the mrcaesari account unless WIS CS will work with you. Lets hope so. Heck knowing them they'll put the brakes on your little gambling ring. lol

Good grief if that's the case if only caesari would have thought up a good user name then. Something like littlemissArfy or something even more cool.
8/1/2012 11:31 PM
Don't think that isn't a source of great pain for me JF.
Your talent level has got me but I'm getting there.

8/1/2012 11:33 PM
 Why USA South what teams are there?
I think Wisconsin or Minnesota would also be a very even recruiting spot for all
8/1/2012 11:35 PM
Wisconsin was interesting to me, but I like the USA South because of location . Iowa might be interesting as well.
8/1/2012 11:41 PM
Posted by jibe on 8/1/2012 11:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by slid64er on 8/1/2012 9:31:00 PM (view original):
Guys - put a halt on the payment for now.  Let's make sure we can move the cash out of the account first.  I sent in a ticket and will keep you guys posted.
I have left your gift card unredeemed and will do so with all that come in unless I'm told otherwise.

I suspect though that whoever was to win will have to play it out on the mrcaesari account unless WIS CS will work with you. Lets hope so. Heck knowing them they'll put the brakes on your little gambling ring. lol

Good grief if that's the case if only caesari would have thought up a good user name then. Something like littlemissArfy or something even more cool.
mrcaesari was the account name my nephew came up with- he really is a clever boy.

And CS has worked with these kind of things in the past. I'm sure it won't be a problem.
8/1/2012 11:42 PM
So do we want to be in the same conference or are we going to do OOC matchups? We'd need someone to do the OOC scheduling, and I don't wanna be that guy.

Also, we need to hammer out the criteria for choosing a team, and the way to score the challenge. It would be easiest to do it here in this thread.
8/2/2012 3:24 PM
OOC scheduling shouldn't be a problem.  We have 6 coaches and 5 OOC games.  Just make sure you play everyone once.  I would just use random for home/away, it should even itself out over 7 seasons.  Just post make sure everyone knows your team for scheduling purposes.

Too many rules and it's not going to be enjoyable.  There will be enough games between us (35 total games, 7 against each coach) to crown a definitive winner.
8/2/2012 3:47 PM
Truthfully, it's Easier to all be in same conf. But then some of us will start with better and some with worse teams.   If we can pick from Any conf then we can evaluate which team we want with Plenty of choices for us all. 
    Both choices have their merits and detriments.
8/2/2012 3:48 PM
I also have an idea for the credits.   If we are trusting Jibe then why don't we all send him a gift certificate for the amount of a six pack. With the gift certificats in his name
he can then transfer them(better check and see if he "can" transfer them) to whoever wins. No need for a dummy account.
8/2/2012 3:51 PM
Posted by mojolad on 8/2/2012 3:51:00 PM (view original):
I also have an idea for the credits.   If we are trusting Jibe then why don't we all send him a gift certificate for the amount of a six pack. With the gift certificats in his name
he can then transfer them(better check and see if he "can" transfer them) to whoever wins. No need for a dummy account.
I've got a ticket response, and it looks like we can do it with the dummy account.  I have another ticket in asking for clarification.  I think we're fine with the dummy account, but will post when I hear back from WIS on the last ticket.

As for being in the same conference, unless you can find a conference with an entire division with 4+ season sims, it wont' work.  You can't play everyone every season if you're split between divisions.
8/2/2012 3:59 PM
Please explain how the winner would receive the credits from the dummy account  Slid64er ?
8/2/2012 4:06 PM
Posted by mojolad on 8/2/2012 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Please explain how the winner would receive the credits from the dummy account  Slid64er ?
This is from the first ticket:

Site credits can only be transferred if they are from a purchase: a team/season that was purchased converted into a site credit, paypal payment, mail order or gift certificate.

It looks like we can use the gift certificates to buy seasons and covert the seasons to site credits which are transferable.  I asked the following for clarification:

So if I receive a gift certificate for $50:
I can purchase a 5 pack of GD
I can then convert that 5 pack to a site credit
I can then gift that site credit to another account

Is this correct?

If the response is affirmative, we can just use the dummy account.  I'll let everyone know the response either way.  If this won't work, we can use paypal if everyone agrees.  I'd rather keep everything on the WIS site, but we can go outside if necessary.

8/2/2012 4:16 PM
Okay, just getting caught up on this.  First let me say that everyone should participate at their own risk.  WIS is not responsible for any grievances with this competition and has nothing to do with administering it (other than below).

What we have done in the past for similar type user-created pools is for participants to buy gift certificates and send them to Admin with the SAME message and then Admin can transfer them to the selected user when the time comes.  If you do this, you do not need to create a dummy account or transfer any accounts or give out any passwords.  I would have one person act as the administrator of the pool to interact with Admin to make sure everything is set up and distributed correctly.
8/2/2012 4:31 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...26 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.