so you like Obamacare ? Topic

They are not.   Do you want the government to control the rates of private medical facilities?   If so, what's your problem with Obamacare?   Government intervention is government intervention.
2/22/2013 8:38 AM
My problem with Obamacare all along is that it doesn't address the real problem with healthcare in the U.S., which is out of control costs.  All it does is throw money at all already bloated and broken system.

"The health care industry seems to have the will and the means to keep it that way. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, the pharmaceutical and health-care-product industries, combined with organizations representing doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, health services and HMOs, have spent $5.36 billion since 1998 on lobbying in Washington. That dwarfs the $1.53 billion spent by the defense and aerospace industries and the $1.3 billion spent by oil and gas interests over the same period. That’s right: the health-care-industrial complex spends more than three times what the military-industrial complex spends in Washington."

2/22/2013 8:46 AM
I think Obamacare exacerbates the problem.    Regardless of what doctors/hospitals charge, insurance companies are NOT losing money.   By requiring everyone to have insurance, you're almost giving health insurance companies carte blanche on premiums. 

I'm not necessarily against univeral insurance.   But the way we're going about it is borderline retarded. 
2/22/2013 9:33 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/22/2013 9:33:00 AM (view original):
I think Obamacare exacerbates the problem.    Regardless of what doctors/hospitals charge, insurance companies are NOT losing money.   By requiring everyone to have insurance, you're almost giving health insurance companies carte blanche on premiums. 

I'm not necessarily against univeral insurance.   But the way we're going about it is borderline retarded. 
Agree completely.

The reason why insurance companies are not losing money is because they're passing the costs back to their customers, via the premiums we pay and the company subsidies that our employers pay as job benefits to us.

There's a lot of money flowing through the health care system, a lot of profits being made, and in the end it's all coming from one place . . . our wallets.

I'd probably be OK with Obamacare if it was done ON TOP of fixing the problem of out of control costs and profits by the medical industry, to fill whatever gaps may remain.  But it should not be considered an end in and of itself, or any kind of "solution" to anything.  It's not.

Unfortunately, too many people think it is, and don't want to accept otherwise.  They don't want to admit to themselves that the Emperor has no clothes.
2/22/2013 9:49 AM
Unfortunately, because it WILL be better than current for many, we might get locked into it for an extended period. 
2/22/2013 10:31 AM
I think the politicians should throw out the health care program that they live under and join the rest of the populace using the same system we are being forced to use. Bet that would lead to some corrections in the health care system! 
2/22/2013 12:13 PM
3/23/2013 8:21 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Guess who said this yesterday?

"So you've got this crazy system where all of a sudden 25 million more people have health care and then the people who are out there busting it, sometimes 60 hours a week, wind up with their premiums doubled and their coverage cut in half. It's the craziest thing in the world."

Later on, that same person also told the crowd being addressed that the insurance model "doesn't make sense" and "doesn't work here."
10/4/2016 10:41 AM
Can I give them a hint? Obama gave him a plane ride home the other day.
10/4/2016 2:12 PM
We just received information on our 2017 benefits enrollment at my company. The costs for the medical plan is increasing by 16% "due to rising health care costs, claims experience and health care reform fees".

Thanks (again), Obama.
10/24/2016 8:58 AM
They didn't call it the "Affordable Care Act" for nothin'.

10/24/2016 11:02 AM
Remember when Libs thought this was like the salvation of society and that Obama was the Savior himself?
11/9/2016 3:44 PM
Remember when the Repub Prez, Senate and House of Reps dismantled it?

Oh, wait, I'm a year early. Please disregard.
11/9/2016 4:41 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...27|28|29|30|31...35 Next ▸
so you like Obamacare ? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.