Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I love the "Republicans freed the slaves" meme. Sure. But, by today's standards, those people would be called liberals.
2/15/2015 3:00 PM
Posted by DougOut on 2/13/2015 4:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sodee on 2/13/2015 1:23:00 PM (view original):
The stock market is on fire and jobs have increased every month since he's been the prez.  I'm pleased.
You are pleased? Really?  Do you even have a clue as to why that's happening?  I don't think you do.  I'll explain it.

Every month obama throws 85 BILLION dollars into the market.  Where does that money come from?  We don't have it.  We're broke and in debt.

I'll tell you where it comes from.  The printing press.  We just print money.  Do you think that is a good idea?

We don't have more jobs every month since he's prez.  That's a lie and I'm calling you on it.

We have less people employed now than we did 10 years ago.  The new jobs are part time.

Don't pick up anything sharp because if you are pleased then you are living in a bubble.
Yes, really.

You strike me as a Christian conservative blowhard so you must believe money is printed in Heaven and flutters down to Earth when God commands it. I realize that money is a man-made thing that only becomes meaningless when the planet's resources run out. If you'd like to argue that the stock market is an illusion and companies don't produce products for consumption, which in turn are purchased by consumers with the man-made concept of money, then this argument is over because I can't follow your "logic". Are there great paying jobs for everybody in America? Of course not. That's why you should have studied in school instead of whining about everything that didn't go your way. The economy is awful for the dumb and uneducated. 
2/17/2015 12:23 PM
What happens if your school days are over and you need to provide a meager existence for your small family?
2/17/2015 12:51 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
So, essentially, if you just didn't give a **** as a teenager, you're ******?   OK, good talk.
2/17/2015 2:08 PM
Funny how I bet the guys saying that were the ones jumping all over Romney for saying it wasn't his job to worry about 49% of the population with less education...
2/17/2015 4:02 PM
I was actually just stumping for my two years military service idea.

We make stupid mistakes when we're teenagers.   We're young, invincible and already know everything.   Despite that, some of us still know that we'll live a few more years and know we have to get an education.   Others don't.     Seems stupid to me that your bad decisions at 17 could put you in a deep ******* hole for the rest of your life.   Required military service at 19-20 would force those to understand they have to make better choices than they did 2-3 years ago.   And, to avoid the "Daddy, do something so I don't have to go" situation, it's MANDATORY for everyone. 
2/17/2015 5:24 PM
How are going to pay for a million-ish more people in the military?
2/17/2015 6:31 PM
CUT EDUCATION, PENSIONS AND FOOD STAMPS
2/17/2015 6:41 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 2/17/2015 6:31:00 PM (view original):
If you're in the military, you won't be on welfare.    And you'll be learning skills/ways to not be on welfare when you're out.

Do you think it's cheaper to feed a group of 30 or 30 individuals?

Either way, what we're doing now is not working.   Generational poverty isn't the mark of a successful society.
2/17/2015 6:58 PM
Drop out of school? That's when you have to join the military.
2/17/2015 7:07 PM
So your solution to poverty is government employment?

Keeping a person in the military is expensive. An E-1 makes about $20K in base pay. Then you have BAS (food), BAH (housing if they get married and/or have a kid. If they have neither you still have to pay for a barracks), initial and yearly clothing allowance, medical, dental, etc.
2/17/2015 7:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/17/2015 6:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 2/17/2015 6:31:00 PM (view original):
If you're in the military, you won't be on welfare.    And you'll be learning skills/ways to not be on welfare when you're out.

Do you think it's cheaper to feed a group of 30 or 30 individuals?

Either way, what we're doing now is not working.   Generational poverty isn't the mark of a successful society.
Judging by the fact that there are a lot of ex-military members struggling to make it, there are probably better ways to combat generational poverty.
2/17/2015 7:12 PM
My solution is to teach young people skills to be productive members of society in the future. 

You can't do it in school.   You don't have a captive audience.    You can do it in the military. 
2/17/2015 7:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...320|321|322|323|324...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.