Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
7/26/2013 10:28 AM
7/26/2013 10:41 AM
I guess it's okay to bring a chipmunk to a squirrel fight when said chipmunk has a rocket launcher.
7/26/2013 11:36 AM

7/27/2013 4:39 PM
THANK YOU NEWT!
8/22/2013 9:08 PM
I guess it's OK to start a war in the Middle East if you're the President of "Hope!" and "Change!"
9/4/2013 2:04 PM
I guess nothing important is going on in Washington.

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama says he would "think about changing" the Washington Redskins' name if he owned the football team as he waded into the controversy involving a word many consider offensive to Native Americans.

Obama, in an interview with The Associated Press, said team names such as the Redskins offend "a sizable group of people." He said that while fans get attached to the names, nostalgia may not be a good enough reason to keep them in place.

"I don't know whether our attachment to a particular name should override the real legitimate concerns that people have about these things," he said in the interview, which was conducted Friday at the White House.

An avid sports fan who roots for his hometown Chicago Bears, Obama said he doesn't think Washington football fans are purposely trying to offend American Indians. "I don't want to detract from the wonderful Redskins fans that are here. They love their team and rightly so," he said.

But he appeared to come down on the side of those who have sharply criticized the football team's name, noting that Indians "feel pretty strongly" about mascots and team names that depict negative stereotypes about their heritage.

10/5/2013 8:51 PM
That's exactly what he should have done.

The 60 seconds he spent talking about such trivial matters was 60 seconds taken away from his saving the free world from the demon spawn of Satan, a.k.a. the House GOP.

Joe Biden should have called him on his Obamaphone to remind him of that.
10/5/2013 10:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...199|200|201|202|203...462 Next ▸
Obama: Worst President Ever? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.