Tim Tebow Topic

I don't really know who he would think he needs to prove that to at this point.  This isn't 2-3 years ago.
6/13/2013 3:57 PM
Well then, perhaps he just wants to prove to the entire NFL coaching world that he's smarter than them and can turn Tebow into a productive NFL player. A lot of people would have to give him (and to a lesser extent Tebow) a lot of props if they find success there.
6/13/2013 4:40 PM
I'd say the absolute best -case scenario is that he becomes an average TE.  This of course assumes that one of Gronk or AH are hurt.  

If that happens, I'm not sure people think THAT much more of BB.
6/13/2013 4:52 PM
Well, he'll have gotten far more out of Tebow than anyone else, especially those who said he would never be a productive NFL player.

In my mind, it all depends on Tebows hands. I think at his size and with his toughness, he'll already be an above-average blocking TE/FB type. If he has even average hands, then he'll probably find moderate success as a #2 TE.
6/13/2013 5:03 PM
I doubt Tebow can block you.    So, yeah, I think a lot depends on his hands and his ability to learn(which seems to be a problem).
6/13/2013 5:16 PM
Pats have 7 TE's on the roster.  I highly doubt Tebow can be as good as any of them.  Injuries come into play, and Tebow's versatility may change that though.  If Tebow shows that he could also play FB and play on 1 or 2 special team units....then yeah, he could stick.  Along with the potential Wildcat/goal line play.
6/14/2013 11:41 AM
Tebow was a personal protector last year and I think he allowed 2 punts to be blocked because he missed a block.  It was at least 1.  I'm not sure he's a great blocker.

Again, just because someone works hard and is bigger doesn't mean they can play other positions.

6/14/2013 11:47 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/13/2013 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Well then, perhaps he just wants to prove to the entire NFL coaching world that he's smarter than them and can turn Tebow into a productive NFL player. A lot of people would have to give him (and to a lesser extent Tebow) a lot of props if they find success there.

Or maybe he (and the guy who traded up to draft Tebow in the first place) thinks he might be able to help them win games in some way and wants to take a no-risk up close look?

The fact that Belichick has an oversized ego is hardly in dispute, but why does there have to be something beyond trying to put together the best football team possible?

6/14/2013 11:56 AM
I saw an article yesterday where Kraft was yammering on about Tebow.  Mentioned "spirituality" a lot.    Since he's the owner, this may have been a simple conversation between Kraft(who liked the kid's spirituality), McD(who picked him in the first round) and BB(who figures he can turn anybody into an asset).   With BB's bigass ego and McD/Kraft saying "Yeah, let's give him a chance!!", you get Tebow on the Pats.

I think it's still him being used as a hybrid FB/TE going in motion and getting in space.   And, just to keep the other team off-balance, he takes a snap/throws a pass every now and then(much to Pussyboy Brady's dismay).
6/14/2013 2:05 PM
Dallas Clark
Kellen Winslow
Todd Heap
Kevin Boss

All accomplished tight ends.  All without a team.  If the Pats seriously think they can develop Tebow into something better than all those guys...wow.
6/14/2013 2:17 PM
Well, there is the matter of compensation.

And I don't really think "TE" will be Tebow's full job description.   As I said earlier, Vrabel scored a dozen TDs on receptions, Troy Brown played DB.   BB finds a way to use guys in other roles.

TBrown was kind of funny when he described how he found out he'd be playing some DB.   A coach came to him and said "You'll be playing some DB.  This is what is expected of you", gave him some papers and walked out.  No discussion just "This is your job.  Be good at it." 
6/14/2013 2:47 PM
I get it.  But I think the difference is, Vrabel and Brown were already on the team.  BB doesn't sign guys who are known to play one position to try to make them play another one.  Especially when said position is where you already employ 2 elite (and admittedly injury-prone) players.
6/14/2013 2:52 PM
WINSLOW PASSED LOOK-SEE WITH JETS

REX IS IMPRESSED. HE MIGHT BE THE BEST RECEIVER ON THE SQUAD ALREADY

UH-OH SPAGHETTIO
6/14/2013 5:40 PM
TOO BAD YOU HAVE NO ONE TO THROW HIM THE BALL!!!
6/14/2013 8:11 PM
MCELROY ROCKS!
6/14/2013 8:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15 Next ▸
Tim Tebow Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.